By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
455,547 Members | 1,410 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 455,547 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

micro authoritative dns server

P: n/a
Hi,

I'm new in python. I know that there are several classes for writing
dns servers, but I don't understand it

I just want to know if anyone could help me in writing a code for
minimal authoritative dns server. I would like that anyone show me the
code, minimal, for learn how expand it.

The code I desireed should do the following:

1) It has an hash:
hosts = { "myhost" =84.34.56.67
"localhost" =127.0.0.1,
"blue" =fe80::20f:b0ff:fef2:f106
}
2) If any application asks if know any hosts, say nothing if this host
is not in the hash (hosts). If this host is in the hash, return the ip
3) And not do anything more

So if we put this server in /etc/resolv.conf then the browsers only
recognize the hosts we want

Thanks in advance,
Xan.

PS: For personal communication, DXpublica @@@@@ telefonica.net

Jul 24 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
6 Replies


P: n/a
In message <11**********************@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups .com>,
xa**@ono.com wrote:
I just want to know if anyone could help me in writing a code for
minimal authoritative dns server.
You'll probably need to start by reading and understanding RFC1034 and
RFC1035.
Jul 25 '06 #2

P: n/a
Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
In message <11**********************@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups .com>,
xa**@ono.com wrote:
I just want to know if anyone could help me in writing a code for
minimal authoritative dns server.

You'll probably need to start by reading and understanding RFC1034 and
RFC1035.
Yes. But these documents are low-level documents and implementation of
that is terrible (I admire people who write code for low-level projects
like http://www.dnspython.org/). I would like more high-level code: in
principle, the programmer who writes his/her own dns should don't
matter if the dns server has to pass certain RR or another, else he/she
should matter in other high-level things

For that, probably using dnspython, I wanted if anyone could show me
the simplest high-level code for a authoritative dns server. DNS server
that only answers to the request of hosts that programmer add to one
list.

Thanks,
Xan.

Jul 25 '06 #3

P: n/a
I was looking for something like that. I came across this:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Coo.../Recipe/491264
It's not ready to use but you can modify it.
<xa**@ono.comwrote in message
news:11**********************@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
Hi,

I'm new in python. I know that there are several classes for writing
dns servers, but I don't understand it

I just want to know if anyone could help me in writing a code for
minimal authoritative dns server. I would like that anyone show me the
code, minimal, for learn how expand it.

The code I desireed should do the following:

1) It has an hash:
hosts = { "myhost" =84.34.56.67
"localhost" =127.0.0.1,
"blue" =fe80::20f:b0ff:fef2:f106
}
2) If any application asks if know any hosts, say nothing if this host
is not in the hash (hosts). If this host is in the hash, return the ip
3) And not do anything more

So if we put this server in /etc/resolv.conf then the browsers only
recognize the hosts we want

Thanks in advance,
Xan.

PS: For personal communication, DXpublica @@@@@ telefonica.net

Jul 26 '06 #4

P: n/a

Well, thanks, but I think it's so few for beginning..... ,-(
Is it not any high-level DNS class? Errrr!!!

Regards,
Xan.

Jack wrote:
I was looking for something like that. I came across this:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Coo.../Recipe/491264
It's not ready to use but you can modify it.
<xa**@ono.comwrote in message
news:11**********************@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
Hi,

I'm new in python. I know that there are several classes for writing
dns servers, but I don't understand it

I just want to know if anyone could help me in writing a code for
minimal authoritative dns server. I would like that anyone show me the
code, minimal, for learn how expand it.

The code I desireed should do the following:

1) It has an hash:
hosts = { "myhost" =84.34.56.67
"localhost" =127.0.0.1,
"blue" =fe80::20f:b0ff:fef2:f106
}
2) If any application asks if know any hosts, say nothing if this host
is not in the hash (hosts). If this host is in the hash, return the ip
3) And not do anything more

So if we put this server in /etc/resolv.conf then the browsers only
recognize the hosts we want

Thanks in advance,
Xan.

PS: For personal communication, DXpublica @@@@@ telefonica.net
Jul 26 '06 #5

P: n/a
No, it's very low level :)
Please post back if you find a good solution (or have built something that
you want to
open source :)
Well, thanks, but I think it's so few for beginning..... ,-(
Is it not any high-level DNS class? Errrr!!!

Regards,
Xan.

Jack wrote:
>I was looking for something like that. I came across this:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Coo.../Recipe/491264
It's not ready to use but you can modify it.

Jul 28 '06 #6

P: n/a

Jack wrote:
No, it's very low level :)
Please post back if you find a good solution (or have built something that
you want to
open source :)
The same if you find or create it

Xan.
Well, thanks, but I think it's so few for beginning..... ,-(
Is it not any high-level DNS class? Errrr!!!

Regards,
Xan.

Jack wrote:
I was looking for something like that. I came across this:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Coo.../Recipe/491264
It's not ready to use but you can modify it.
Jul 28 '06 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.