By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
455,584 Members | 1,721 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 455,584 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Eric3 under WinXP

P: n/a
Hello NG,

(Win XP)

I have successfully installed pyqt, but not
qtext, which I need to run Eric3.
The PyQT demo files run fine.

I've downloaded QScintilla, compiled via MS-VC,
but (I suppose I need the SIG), to translate or provide
the Python interface with pyd Files.

Eric complains, that qtext is not found.

Has anyone success with getting this to work and how?

Many thanks in advance for possible answers,

--
Franz Steinhäusler

DrPython (Project Developer)
http://mitglied.lycos.de/drpython/
Jul 18 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
7 Replies


P: n/a
> Hello NG,

(Win XP)

I have successfully installed pyqt, but not
qtext, which I need to run Eric3.
The PyQT demo files run fine.

I've downloaded QScintilla, compiled via MS-VC,
but (I suppose I need the SIG), to translate or provide
the Python interface with pyd Files.

Eric complains, that qtext is not found.

Has anyone success with getting this to work and how?

Many thanks in advance for possible answers,


You haven't said which version of PyQt you are using. I guess it's the
non-commercial version based on Qt v2 - QScintilla (and therefore eric)
requires Qt v3.

Phil

Jul 18 '05 #2

P: n/a
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:17:05 +0100 (BST), "Phil Thompson"
<ph**@riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
Hello NG,

(Win XP)

I have successfully installed pyqt, but not
qtext, which I need to run Eric3.
The PyQT demo files run fine.

I've downloaded QScintilla, compiled via MS-VC,
but (I suppose I need the SIG), to translate or provide
the Python interface with pyd Files.

Eric complains, that qtext is not found.

Has anyone success with getting this to work and how?

Many thanks in advance for possible answers,


You haven't said which version of PyQt you are using. I guess it's the
non-commercial version based on Qt v2 - QScintilla (and therefore eric)
requires Qt v3.

Phil

Hello John and Phil,

thank you for your answers.

I have:
PyQt 3.13 Qt v2.3 Non-commercial Edition

I compiled:
qscintilla-1.62-gpl-1.5.1\
and the results seems ok
qmake qscintilla.pro
nmake

for the qmake, I downloaded:
Qt 3.3.4 Evaluation
I installed also SIP.
sip-4.2.1

What steps are missing?

thank you again

--
Franz Steinhäusler
http://drpython.sourceforge.net/
http://mitglied.lycos.de/drpython/
Jul 18 '05 #3

P: n/a
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:17:05 +0100 (BST), "Phil Thompson"
<ph**@riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
Hello NG,

(Win XP)

I have successfully installed pyqt, but not
qtext, which I need to run Eric3.
The PyQT demo files run fine.

I've downloaded QScintilla, compiled via MS-VC,
but (I suppose I need the SIG), to translate or provide
the Python interface with pyd Files.

Eric complains, that qtext is not found.

Has anyone success with getting this to work and how?

Many thanks in advance for possible answers,


You haven't said which version of PyQt you are using. I guess it's the
non-commercial version based on Qt v2 - QScintilla (and therefore eric)
requires Qt v3.

Phil

Hello John and Phil,

thank you for your answers.

I have:
PyQt 3.13 Qt v2.3 Non-commercial Edition

I compiled:
qscintilla-1.62-gpl-1.5.1\
and the results seems ok
qmake qscintilla.pro
nmake

for the qmake, I downloaded:
Qt 3.3.4 Evaluation
I installed also SIP.
sip-4.2.1

What steps are missing?


If you are using the evaluation version of Qt then you need the evaluation
version of PyQt. This already includes SIP and QScintilla.

Phil

Jul 18 '05 #4

P: n/a
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:14:48 +0100 (BST), "Phil Thompson"
<ph**@riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:17:05 +0100 (BST), "Phil Thompson"
<ph**@riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:

What steps are missing?


If you are using the evaluation version of Qt then you need the evaluation
version of PyQt. This already includes SIP and QScintilla.

Phil

Hello Phil,

Ok, new begin.

I installed PyQt 3.14.1 Evaluation now.
If I want to start for example aclock.py, I get:

ImportError: No module named qt
Is there any dll missing?

Or doesn't it fit with "Qt 3.3.4 Evaluation"

Any hints?

--
Franz Steinhäusler
http://drpython.sourceforge.net/
http://mitglied.lycos.de/drpython/
Jul 18 '05 #5

P: n/a
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:14:48 +0100 (BST), "Phil Thompson"
<ph**@riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:17:05 +0100 (BST), "Phil Thompson"
<ph**@riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:

What steps are missing?


If you are using the evaluation version of Qt then you need the
evaluation
version of PyQt. This already includes SIP and QScintilla.

Phil

Hello Phil,

Ok, new begin.

I installed PyQt 3.14.1 Evaluation now.
If I want to start for example aclock.py, I get:

ImportError: No module named qt
Is there any dll missing?

Or doesn't it fit with "Qt 3.3.4 Evaluation"

Any hints?


What version of Python do you have installed? The binary is built against
v2.4.

BTW, your email address is bouncing messages.

Phil

Jul 18 '05 #6

P: n/a
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:43:38 +0100 (BST), "Phil Thompson"
<ph**@riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
[...]
Or doesn't it fit with "Qt 3.3.4 Evaluation"

Any hints?
What version of Python do you have installed? The binary is built against
v2.4.

Oh sorry, I think, there was a mix between Python2.3 and Python2.4
somewhere in the registry.
(it took the .pyd files from Python23 directory).
I don't understand exactly (replaced some Python23 with
Python24 with regedit), and, cool, it is working
(also with eric (before I had installed 3.5.1 (there
was an error), and now with eric 3.6.2), all is fine.

thank you very much

BTW, your email address is bouncing messages.

Hm, sorry, I don't understand, what you mean.
Phil


best regards

--
Franz Steinhäusler
http://drpython.sourceforge.net/
http://mitglied.lycos.de/drpython/
Jul 18 '05 #7

P: n/a
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:43:38 +0100 (BST), "Phil Thompson"
<ph**@riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
[...]
Or doesn't it fit with "Qt 3.3.4 Evaluation"

Any hints?


What version of Python do you have installed? The binary is built against
v2.4.

Oh sorry, I think, there was a mix between Python2.3 and Python2.4
somewhere in the registry.
(it took the .pyd files from Python23 directory).
I don't understand exactly (replaced some Python23 with
Python24 with regedit), and, cool, it is working
(also with eric (before I had installed 3.5.1 (there
was an error), and now with eric 3.6.2), all is fine.

thank you very much

BTW, your email address is bouncing messages.


Hm, sorry, I don't understand, what you mean.


Email to your address bounces with "mailbox full" errors.

Phil

Jul 18 '05 #8

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.