By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
446,190 Members | 777 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 446,190 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Debian says "Warning! you are running an untested version ofPython." on 2.3

P: n/a
Whenever I run python I get

"Warning! you are running an untested version of Python."

prepended to the start of any output on stdout.

This is with Debian and python 2.3 (running the debian 2.1 and 2.2 binaries
doesn't have this effect)

Does anyone have any idea how to stop this or have even seen it before?
Google says Your search - "you are running an untested version" - did not
match any documents
:(

Jul 18 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
Alex Stapleton <al***@advfn.com> wrote:
Whenever I run python I get

"Warning! you are running an untested version of Python."

prepended to the start of any output on stdout.

This is with Debian and python 2.3 (running the debian 2.1 and 2.2 binaries
doesn't have this effect)


What version of a) Debian and b) python are you running?

I don't have that problem here (I'm running testing/sarge)

$ python2.4 -c 'pass'
$ python2.3 -c 'pass'
$ python2.2 -c 'pass'
$ python2.1 -c 'pass'
$

$ dpkg -l python2.1 python2.2 python2.3 python2.4
||/ Name Version Description
+++-==============-==============-============================================
ii python2.1 2.1.3-25 An interactive high-level object-oriented la
ii python2.2 2.2.3-10 An interactive high-level object-oriented la
ii python2.3 2.3.4-18 An interactive high-level object-oriented la
ii python2.4 2.4-2 An interactive high-level object-oriented la

--
Nick Craig-Wood <ni**@craig-wood.com> -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick
Jul 18 '05 #2

P: n/a
rbt
Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
Alex Stapleton <al***@advfn.com> wrote:
Whenever I run python I get

"Warning! you are running an untested version of Python."

prepended to the start of any output on stdout.

This is with Debian and python 2.3 (running the debian 2.1 and 2.2
binaries doesn't have this effect)


What version of a) Debian and b) python are you running?

I don't have that problem here (I'm running testing/sarge)


Same here... Debian testing with Python2.3 no problem. Perhaps he's running
Debian unstable?

Cheers
Jul 18 '05 #3

P: n/a
rbt wrote:
Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
Alex Stapleton <al***@advfn.com> wrote:
Whenever I run python I get

"Warning! you are running an untested version of Python."

prepended to the start of any output on stdout.

This is with Debian and python 2.3 (running the debian 2.1 and 2.2
binaries doesn't have this effect)


What version of a) Debian and b) python are you running?

I don't have that problem here (I'm running testing/sarge)


Same here... Debian testing with Python2.3 no problem. Perhaps he's
running Debian unstable?


Same result here on unstable, no problem. And experimental has no python2.3
package.
However, I remember vaguely about something like this.
Perhaps the OP is running an old unstable version, never upgraded ?

--
Amand Tihon
Jul 18 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.