470,561 Members | 2,307 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 470,561 developers. It's quick & easy.

.py from .pyc - how? Have deleted my .py file!

Dear all,

never thought that this could happen to me: I accidently deleted a
..py-file before I could back it up :-(

However, the .pyc file is still there. Can I restore the .py file from
the .pyc file somehow?

Many thanks in advance
Franz GEIGER
Jul 18 '05 #1
5 5079
"F. GEIGER" <f.******@vol.at> wrote in news:cc**********@newshispeed.ch:
Dear all,

never thought that this could happen to me: I accidently deleted a
.py-file before I could back it up :-(

However, the .pyc file is still there. Can I restore the .py file from
the .pyc file somehow?


http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/

There is one drawback:
"# Costs only 10 EUR per 10 KB (or part thereof, counted per file)"

Matthias
Jul 18 '05 #2
Matthias Huening wrote:
"F. GEIGER" <f.******@vol.at> wrote in news:cc**********@newshispeed.ch:
However, the .pyc file is still there. Can I restore the .py file from
the .pyc file somehow?

http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/

There is one drawback:
"# Costs only 10 EUR per 10 KB (or part thereof, counted per file)"


There seems to be a free version still floating around, but it doesn't
work for bytecode generated by Python 2.3 or newer:

http://www.pypackage.org/packages/python-decompyle
Jul 18 '05 #3
Chris King wrote:
Matthias Huening wrote:
"F. GEIGER" <f.******@vol.at> wrote in news:cc**********@newshispeed.ch:
However, the .pyc file is still there. Can I restore the .py file
from the .pyc file somehow?


http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/

There is one drawback:
"# Costs only 10 EUR per 10 KB (or part thereof, counted per file)"

There seems to be a free version still floating around, but it doesn't
work for bytecode generated by Python 2.3 or newer:

http://www.pypackage.org/packages/python-decompyle


No more: "decompyle has moved to
http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/ Please update out bookmarks."

Guess I'll have to barin-dump it :-/

Anyway, many thanks for trying to help!

Kind regards
Franz GEIGER
Jul 18 '05 #4
F. GEIGER wrote:
http://www.pypackage.org/packages/python-decompyle
No more: "decompyle has moved to
http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/ Please update out bookmarks."


The .rpm link on that page still works, if you're on Mandrake or RedHat:
http://www.pypackage.org/files/mandr...-1pyp.i586.rpm

decompyle 2.2 is also available in Debian testing and unstable. If you
are running another Linux or Windows, you can grab the source package here:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/ma...a1.orig.tar.gz
Jul 18 '05 #5
Chris King wrote:
F. GEIGER wrote:
http://www.pypackage.org/packages/python-decompyle


No more: "decompyle has moved to
http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/ Please update out bookmarks."

The .rpm link on that page still works, if you're on Mandrake or RedHat:
http://www.pypackage.org/files/mandr...-1pyp.i586.rpm
decompyle 2.2 is also available in Debian testing and unstable. If you
are running another Linux or Windows, you can grab the source package here:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/ma...a1.orig.tar.gz


Hi

A while ago I found an updated version of decompyle that was meant to
work with Python 2.3. Unfortunately the pages it was on
(http://stud.usv.ro/~rchiriliuc/decompyle.php and
http://adal.eu.org/decompyle.php) seem to have disappeared ; I have
contacted the author (Adal Chiriliuc) to find out if he has any more info.

In the mean time I have put both 2.2beta1 and 2.3 up at
http://davidf.sjsoft.com/mirrors/decompyle/

Anyone with any more info, please shout...

David
Jul 18 '05 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

reply views Thread by Phil... | last post: by
14 posts views Thread by ajikoe | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by db2inst2 | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by GordoBR | last post: by
6 posts views Thread by Kiran | last post: by
reply views Thread by Tony Johansson | last post: by
7 posts views Thread by elgiei | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.