By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
455,767 Members | 1,357 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 455,767 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

COM & Python

P: n/a
Hi all,

I want to use python with COM extension. I am successful using python as
client.
I could interact to my application through COM interfaces from python.

I also want to use the win32ui layer, which wrapped all MFC user
interface functionality.
I am just wondering if some on can guide me with some documentation on
using them.
I want to know how the call backs are handled in particular.
Any sample code will be a great start for me.
If this is possible I can create any dialog boxes with any controls from
python itself!! :-)
And take advantage of MFC's View , scroll view and so on. Just exciting!!

Thanks in advance,
Anand


Jul 18 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies


P: n/a
Get a copy of
Python Programming on Win32 By Mark Hammond, Andy Robinson

This is the best starting point for you.

Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.

"Anand K Rayudu" <an***@easi.soft.net> wrote in message
news:ma**************************************@pyth on.org...
Hi all,

I want to use python with COM extension. I am successful using python as
client.
I could interact to my application through COM interfaces from python.

I also want to use the win32ui layer, which wrapped all MFC user
interface functionality.
I am just wondering if some on can guide me with some documentation on
using them.
I want to know how the call backs are handled in particular.
Any sample code will be a great start for me.
If this is possible I can create any dialog boxes with any controls from
python itself!! :-)
And take advantage of MFC's View , scroll view and so on. Just exciting!!

Thanks in advance,
Anand

Jul 18 '05 #2

P: n/a
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have gone through the book, but
unfortunately nothing much is discussed about this topic.
Being new to MFC i am finding it difficult to get started.
I want to just create a dialog box, with my own controls and get the
python call backs for them.
can some one please share some example source code or any experience
regarding this.
Any help will be a great start point for me.

Regards,
Anand
Larry Bates wrote:
Get a copy of
Python Programming on Win32 By Mark Hammond, Andy Robinson

This is the best starting point for you.

Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.

"Anand K Rayudu" <an***@easi.soft.net> wrote in message
news:ma**************************************@pyt hon.org...

Hi all,

I want to use python with COM extension. I am successful using python as
client.
I could interact to my application through COM interfaces from python.

I also want to use the win32ui layer, which wrapped all MFC user
interface functionality.
I am just wondering if some on can guide me with some documentation on
using them.
I want to know how the call backs are handled in particular.
Any sample code will be a great start for me.
If this is possible I can create any dialog boxes with any controls from
python itself!! :-)
And take advantage of MFC's View , scroll view and so on. Just exciting!!

Thanks in advance,
Anand



Jul 18 '05 #3

P: n/a
What about http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/e...pythonwin.html
(from that book)?
Or have you tried wxPython (not COM but great)?

David

Anand K Rayudu wrote:
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have gone through the book, but
unfortunately nothing much is discussed about this topic.
Being new to MFC i am finding it difficult to get started.
I want to just create a dialog box, with my own controls and get the
python call backs for them.
can some one please share some example source code or any experience
regarding this.
Any help will be a great start point for me.

Regards,
Anand
Larry Bates wrote:
Get a copy of
Python Programming on Win32 By Mark Hammond, Andy Robinson

This is the best starting point for you.

Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.

"Anand K Rayudu" <an***@easi.soft.net> wrote in message
news:ma**************************************@py thon.org...

Hi all,

I want to use python with COM extension. I am successful using python as
client.
I could interact to my application through COM interfaces from python.

I also want to use the win32ui layer, which wrapped all MFC user
interface functionality.
I am just wondering if some on can guide me with some documentation on
using them.
I want to know how the call backs are handled in particular.
Any sample code will be a great start for me.
If this is possible I can create any dialog boxes with any controls from
python itself!! :-)
And take advantage of MFC's View , scroll view and so on. Just exciting!!

Thanks in advance,
Anand



Jul 18 '05 #4

P: n/a
Dear David,

Thanks a lot for the link, Actually that is same from the book.
I am trying to provide a "Rapid Application Development Environment"
for the application I am developing through python.
The reason I Want to stick on to pythonwin is , it comes as a default
with python extension for windows.
Also that my application is based on MFC, it looks like pythonwin is a
natural fit for me.
I can get same look & feel as the other dialog boxes.
My developers have good experience on MFC.

I will try out wxPython also & see.
For me it looks like pythonwin is a preferred option.
Thanks again,
Anand

David Fraser wrote:
What about
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/e...pythonwin.html
(from that book)?
Or have you tried wxPython (not COM but great)?

David

Anand K Rayudu wrote:
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have gone through the book, but
unfortunately nothing much is discussed about this topic.
Being new to MFC i am finding it difficult to get started.
I want to just create a dialog box, with my own controls and get the
python call backs for them.
can some one please share some example source code or any experience
regarding this.
Any help will be a great start point for me.

Regards,
Anand
Larry Bates wrote:
Get a copy of
Python Programming on Win32 By Mark Hammond, Andy Robinson

This is the best starting point for you.

Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.

"Anand K Rayudu" <an***@easi.soft.net> wrote in message
news:ma**************************************@pyth on.org...
Hi all,

I want to use python with COM extension. I am successful using
python as
client.
I could interact to my application through COM interfaces from python.

I also want to use the win32ui layer, which wrapped all MFC user
interface functionality.
I am just wondering if some on can guide me with some documentation on
using them.
I want to know how the call backs are handled in particular.
Any sample code will be a great start for me.
If this is possible I can create any dialog boxes with any controls
from
python itself!! :-)
And take advantage of MFC's View , scroll view and so on. Just
exciting!!

Thanks in advance,
Anand




Jul 18 '05 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.