By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
438,372 Members | 1,906 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 438,372 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Creating GUID

P: n/a
Hi,

How to generate GUID("f741d0ce-351c-4c8d-9625-d23765ca7f45") values in
postgre ?


---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Nov 22 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies


P: n/a

You want

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/...rojdisplay.php

CG

--- Ivar <iv**@lumisoft.ee> wrote:
Hi,

How to generate GUID("f741d0ce-351c-4c8d-9625-d23765ca7f45") values in
postgre ?


---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes
http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html

Nov 22 '05 #2

P: n/a
Chris Gamache wrote:
You want
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/...rojdisplay.php


Another alternative:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/...rojdisplay.php

(How do the two compare, aside from uniqueidentifier seeming to be
Linux-only? Should I use one of the above for production purposes?)

--
dave
---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to ma*******@postgresql.org

Nov 22 '05 #3

P: n/a

Seems that none of them is same as MS GUID.
Linux-only? Seems so, damn currently use windows for developement.

"David Garamond" <li***@zara.6.isreserved.com> wrote in message
news:40************@zara.6.isreserved.com... Chris Gamache wrote:
You want
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/...rojdisplay.php


Another alternative:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/...rojdisplay.php

(How do the two compare, aside from uniqueidentifier seeming to be
Linux-only? Should I use one of the above for production purposes?)

--
dave
---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to ma*******@postgresql.org



---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Nov 22 '05 #4

P: n/a
Ivar wrote:
Seems that none of them is same as MS GUID.


And as I recall, Microsoft has changed its GUID algorithm at least once.
Linux-only?

Seems so, damn currently use windows for developement.


I'd say just create/write your own GUID algorithm, either in C or in
plperl/plruby. That's what I plan to do. It should be portable in
Windows and Unix.

--
dave
---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?

http://archives.postgresql.org

Nov 22 '05 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.