By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
437,807 Members | 1,995 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 437,807 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Changing the buffer size

P: n/a
I want to change the buffer size of pgsql server, other than default size.
How can I do that.

#############################################
# Monu Agrawal #
# Indian Institute of Science #
# Bangalore #
# E-25 #
# 91-80-2932432 #
#############################################
Nov 12 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
monu agrawal wrote:
I want to change the buffer size of pgsql server, other than default size.
How can I do that.


You need to edit postgresql.conf in the data directory.

HTH

Bye
Shridhar
---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
subscribe-nomail command to ma*******@postgresql.org so that your
message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Nov 12 '05 #2

P: n/a


Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
monu agrawal wrote:
I want to change the buffer size of pgsql server, other than default size.
How can I do that.
You need to edit postgresql.conf in the data directory.


And restart Postgres after modification by : pg_ctl reload



HTH

Bye
Shridhar

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
subscribe-nomail command to ma*******@postgresql.org so that your
message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?

http://archives.postgresql.org

Nov 12 '05 #3

P: n/a
Thierry Missimilly wrote:


Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
monu agrawal wrote:
I want to change the buffer size of pgsql server, other than default size.
How can I do that.


You need to edit postgresql.conf in the data directory.


And restart Postgres after modification by : pg_ctl reload


He needs pg_ctl restart, rather than reload because reload doesn't
restart the server and that param is only honored on postmaster startup.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
pg***@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001
+ If your life is a hard drive, | 13 Roberts Road
+ Christ can be your backup. | Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Nov 12 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.