By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
424,991 Members | 1,888 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 424,991 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

OCI and resluts question

P: n/a
I am using FC2 with php 4.3.10 and 10g oracle client.

That said, when I run a query on the DB I get back several fields
as objects. which is interesting since these columns are text fields.

Has anyone seen this before and if so how do I get the text out of the
field.
Mike
Jul 17 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 03:06:11 GMT, Mike <mi**@sibesoft.com> wrote:
I am using FC2 with php 4.3.10 and 10g oracle client.

That said, when I run a query on the DB I get back several fields
as objects. which is interesting since these columns are text fields.

Has anyone seen this before and if so how do I get the text out of the
field.


What is the underlying datatype? Is it CLOB?

--
Andy Hassall / <an**@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk>
<http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool
Jul 17 '05 #2

P: n/a
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:29:23 +0000, Andy Hassall wrote:
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 03:06:11 GMT, Mike <mi**@sibesoft.com> wrote:
I am using FC2 with php 4.3.10 and 10g oracle client.

That said, when I run a query on the DB I get back several fields
as objects. which is interesting since these columns are text fields.

Has anyone seen this before and if so how do I get the text out of the
field.


What is the underlying datatype? Is it CLOB?

OK
I got it the original data structure called for a text field but was
changed to a CLOB.

Thanks
Mike
Jul 17 '05 #3

P: n/a
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:46:42 GMT, Mike <mi**@sibesoft.com> wrote:
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:29:23 +0000, Andy Hassall wrote:
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 03:06:11 GMT, Mike <mi**@sibesoft.com> wrote:
I am using FC2 with php 4.3.10 and 10g oracle client.

That said, when I run a query on the DB I get back several fields
as objects. which is interesting since these columns are text fields.

Has anyone seen this before and if so how do I get the text out of the
field.


What is the underlying datatype? Is it CLOB?


I got it the original data structure called for a text field but was
changed to a CLOB.


Not entirely sure what you mean by this as Oracle doesn't have a datatype
called "text" - there's VARCHAR2 for up to 4000 characters, then CLOB for
anything bigger.

--
Andy Hassall / <an**@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk>
<http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool
Jul 17 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.