By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
438,723 Members | 1,891 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 438,723 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

php error handling with apache

P: n/a
hi. php has error handling and that's great. but it can't handle
serious errors like E_PARSE. set_error_handler nor
register_shutdown_function can't handle this. is there any other way
to do this with php? or maybe that may be done somehow with apache?
thank you. sorry, if this should be in apache conf...
Oct 31 '08 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a
Rytis wrote:
hi. php has error handling and that's great. but it can't handle
serious errors like E_PARSE. set_error_handler nor
register_shutdown_function can't handle this. is there any other way
to do this with php? or maybe that may be done somehow with apache?
thank you. sorry, if this should be in apache conf...
AFAIK, syntax errors are fatal in any language, and there's no way to
handle those errors.

It's why you need a development system - to get the bugs out before
making it public.


--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

Oct 31 '08 #2

P: n/a
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
AFAIK, syntax errors are fatal in any language, and there's no way to
handle those errors.
Hmm, not really. See HTML: HTML parsers can recover gracefully from badly
terminated code.

It really depends on the compiler (or interpreter). However, developing a
grammar which can recover from errors is more difficult than one which
can't.
That said, if you're getting E_PARSE fatal errors, there is no way around
it. Fix your code, dammit!

--
----------------------------------
Iván Sánchez Ortega -ivan-algarroba-sanchezortega-punto-es-

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta
compleja.
Oct 31 '08 #3

P: n/a
Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>AFAIK, syntax errors are fatal in any language, and there's no way to
handle those errors.

Hmm, not really. See HTML: HTML parsers can recover gracefully from badly
terminated code.
HTML is not a language.
It really depends on the compiler (or interpreter). However, developing a
grammar which can recover from errors is more difficult than one which
can't.
That said, if you're getting E_PARSE fatal errors, there is no way around
it. Fix your code, dammit!
--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

Oct 31 '08 #4

P: n/a
In news:ge**********@registered.motzarella.org,
Jerry Stuckle <js*******@attglobal.nettyped:
HTML is not a language.
What does the "L" in HTML represent?
Oct 31 '08 #5

P: n/a
On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:33:18 -0700, "b.jeswine" <me@privacy.netwrote
in <ge**********@aioe.org>:
>In news:ge**********@registered.motzarella.org,
Jerry Stuckle <js*******@attglobal.nettyped:
>HTML is not a language.

What does the "L" in HTML represent?
I think that it would be more accurate to say that HTML is not a
programming language, which is likely what Jerry meant.
--
Charles Calvert | Web-site Design/Development
Celtic Wolf, Inc. | Software Design/Development
http://www.celticwolf.com/ | Data Conversion
(703) 580-0210 | Project Management
Oct 31 '08 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.