469,625 Members | 911 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,625 developers. It's quick & easy.

Looking for Open Source Partner

Looking for very strong PHP developer to participate in some open
source project.

Requirements:
- Strong knowledge and good experience of PHP (especially ver. 5):
OOP, Exception handling
- Ability to write right and good comments in the code
- Good MySQL knowledge
- Understanding of gettext GNU library
- some portfolio to show your experience and your level is welcome

Please do not ask payment. It is open source and I'm just looking for
person who is really interested to make some interesting work along
with his main work.

PLEASE only serious developers and only with good PHP knowledge and
experience.

x.******@gmail.com (... or use for Google Talk)
Skype: meglio.public
ICQ: 292619019

Thanks,
Anton
Jun 2 '08 #1
6 1151
NC
On May 31, 1:42 am, Meglio <x.meg...@gmail.comwrote:
>
Looking for very strong PHP developer to participate in some open
source project.
Open source is called open for a reason, and the reason is, things
are open. So if you're looking for contributors, write up your
vision of the project and post it somewhere people can read it.
If people have to e-mail you just to see what the project is
about, you're not going to get a lot of interest in it.

Cheers,
NC
Jun 2 '08 #2
NC wrote:
On May 31, 1:42 am, Meglio <x.meg...@gmail.comwrote:
>Looking for very strong PHP developer to participate in some open
source project.

Open source is called open for a reason, and the reason is, things
are open. So if you're looking for contributors, write up your
vision of the project and post it somewhere people can read it.
If people have to e-mail you just to see what the project is
about, you're not going to get a lot of interest in it.

Cheers,
NC
Agreed. Sourceforge.net is a good place to start.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Jun 2 '08 #3
On May 31, 9:55 pm, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.netwrote:
NC wrote:
On May 31, 1:42 am, Meglio <x.meg...@gmail.comwrote:
Looking for very strong PHP developer to participate in some open
source project.
Open source is called open for a reason, and the reason is, things
are open. So if you're looking for contributors, write up your
vision of the project and post it somewhere people can read it.
If people have to e-mail you just to see what the project is
about, you're not going to get a lot of interest in it.
Cheers,
NC

Agreed. Sourceforge.net is a good place to start.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstuck...@attglobal.net
==================
It seems that you are wrong because there is still project's owner and
ideologist. So I do not want too many people to know about this
project - or else people can organize things oneself.
Jun 2 '08 #4
Meglio wrote:
On May 31, 9:55 pm, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.netwrote:
>NC wrote:
>>On May 31, 1:42 am, Meglio <x.meg...@gmail.comwrote:
Looking for very strong PHP developer to participate in some open
source project.
Open source is called open for a reason, and the reason is, things
are open. So if you're looking for contributors, write up your
vision of the project and post it somewhere people can read it.
If people have to e-mail you just to see what the project is
about, you're not going to get a lot of interest in it.
Cheers,
NC
Agreed. Sourceforge.net is a good place to start.

It seems that you are wrong because there is still project's owner and
ideologist. So I do not want too many people to know about this
project - or else people can organize things oneself.
So what? As soon as you release it, it will be public anyway. And if
someone wants to create a similar project, they can.

In fact, what's to stop anyone from writing you then starting their own
project once they have your details? Besides absolutely nothing.

You obviously don't understand the concept behind "open source". It is
MEANT to be a public development environment.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Jun 2 '08 #5
On May 31, 10:40 pm, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.netwrote:
Meglio wrote:
On May 31, 9:55 pm, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.netwrote:
NC wrote:
On May 31, 1:42 am, Meglio <x.meg...@gmail.comwrote:
Looking for very strong PHP developer to participate in some open
source project.
Open source is called open for a reason, and the reason is, things
are open. So if you're looking for contributors, write up your
vision of the project and post it somewhere people can read it.
If people have to e-mail you just to see what the project is
about, you're not going to get a lot of interest in it.
Cheers,
NC
Agreed. Sourceforge.net is a good place to start.
It seems that you are wrong because there is still project's owner and
ideologist. So I do not want too many people to know about this
project - or else people can organize things oneself.

So what? As soon as you release it, it will be public anyway. And if
someone wants to create a similar project, they can.

In fact, what's to stop anyone from writing you then starting their own
project once they have your details? Besides absolutely nothing.

You obviously don't understand the concept behind "open source". It is
MEANT to be a public development environment.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstuck...@attglobal.net
==================
Ok, you are right. I'll create project's page, will install TRAC and
prepare other things to make it fully public available.

Anton
Jun 2 '08 #6
On Jun 1, 11:34*am, Meglio <x.meg...@gmail.comwrote:
[SNIP]
As I said already, I'll make public available page with idea
explanation, will prepare tasks plan and install TRAC and invite
people to start coding. But I'm still afraid that somebody may realize
the same (but non-free) software faster and get users.

Anton
But why do you think *anyone* would respond to you call if you don't
even say what it's about? I mean, you've put up a whole list of
demands, but don't even disclose anything about yourself, or what
you're up to. Just for the same you might be the "man with the plan"
asking someone else to do all the work (in other words, bogus) - how
are we to tell? And, even when you do release your project, if someone
else thinks he can do the same idea, but better, there's nothing to
stop them. You own the rights to your code, but not to your idea.
Jun 2 '08 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

6 posts views Thread by democratix | last post: by
10 posts views Thread by Frank Millman | last post: by
158 posts views Thread by Giovanni Bajo | last post: by
6 posts views Thread by Sean | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by colin | last post: by
1 post views Thread by =?Utf-8?B?V0o=?= | last post: by
16 posts views Thread by graham.keellings | last post: by
reply views Thread by gheharukoh7 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.