By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
435,064 Members | 1,449 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 435,064 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Recommend PHP-Based Dashboard?

P: n/a
Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
project?

My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category and
display them in charts inside gadgets.

We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java programmers,
and we mostly work with Linux.
Dec 11 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
19 Replies


P: n/a

"Roberto" <88*@myway.comwrote in message
news:20**********************************@w56g2000 hsf.googlegroups.com...
Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
project?
wtf is a 'dashboard' ?
My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category and
display them in charts inside gadgets.
gadgets like pda's and big chief tablets? really! get rid of the lingo and
start speaking in real terms.
We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java programmers,
and we mostly work with Linux.
and this is to illicite a response from php developers in a php usenet group
trying to foster some kind of fear in us all that you may change your mind
and go java or windows or mac? get real! both php and linux stand on their
own as fine products. the fact that you're saving millions by taking this as
your strategy only means you (your company) isn't stupid! the fact that you
post this kind of remark is not only insulting to us - like we're too dim to
catch such subtleties - it underscores your pandering. it's pitiful. are you
in sales or the news media? that's where this kind of shit most frequently
presents itself!
Dec 11 '07 #2

P: n/a
Steve wrote:
"Roberto" <88*@myway.comwrote in message
news:20**********************************@w56g2000 hsf.googlegroups.com...
>Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
project?

wtf is a 'dashboard' ?
>My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category and
display them in charts inside gadgets.

gadgets like pda's and big chief tablets? really! get rid of the lingo and
start speaking in real terms.
>We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java programmers,
and we mostly work with Linux.

and this is to illicite a response from php developers in a php usenet group
trying to foster some kind of fear in us all that you may change your mind
and go java or windows or mac? get real! both php and linux stand on their
own as fine products. the fact that you're saving millions by taking this as
your strategy only means you (your company) isn't stupid! the fact that you
post this kind of remark is not only insulting to us - like we're too dim to
catch such subtleties - it underscores your pandering. it's pitiful. are you
in sales or the news media? that's where this kind of shit most frequently
presents itself!

LOL. :-)
/me passes a nice cool beer to Steve so he can relax a little.

Seriously, I am not sure the OP ment the PHP/Java line in that way.
If he did, horaaaay to your response. well deserved.
If not, well... bad luck :P

Anyway, question still stand: wtf is a dashboard?
Not sure, I expect it is something that draws lines showing that the
management is making the right decissions.

And how on earth did it get in peoples minds that business intelligence
is something you can pull of a shelf?
Did Microsoft tell them that while selling MS SQL Server?
I worked on 'business intelligence' systems for some while at HP, and
believe me, it is just old fashoined database design/query work as
usual, but with a coat around it for managers so they can understand it
too. If you are lucky you can work with cubes, which is good fun. ;-)

Regards,
Erwin Moller
Dec 12 '07 #3

P: n/a
Erwin Moller wrote:
Steve wrote:
>"Roberto" <88*@myway.comwrote in message
news:20**********************************@w56g200 0hsf.googlegroups.com...
>>Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
project?

wtf is a 'dashboard' ?
>>My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category and
display them in charts inside gadgets.

gadgets like pda's and big chief tablets? really! get rid of the lingo
and start speaking in real terms.
>>We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java programmers,
and we mostly work with Linux.

and this is to illicite a response from php developers in a php usenet
group trying to foster some kind of fear in us all that you may change
your mind and go java or windows or mac? get real! both php and linux
stand on their own as fine products. the fact that you're saving
millions by taking this as your strategy only means you (your company)
isn't stupid! the fact that you post this kind of remark is not only
insulting to us - like we're too dim to catch such subtleties - it
underscores your pandering. it's pitiful. are you in sales or the news
media? that's where this kind of shit most frequently presents itself!

LOL. :-)
/me passes a nice cool beer to Steve so he can relax a little.

Seriously, I am not sure the OP ment the PHP/Java line in that way.
If he did, horaaaay to your response. well deserved.
If not, well... bad luck :P

Anyway, question still stand: wtf is a dashboard?
http://www.google.com/search?q=dashb...GGL_en___US244
Not sure, I expect it is something that draws lines showing that the
management is making the right decissions.

And how on earth did it get in peoples minds that business intelligence
is something you can pull of a shelf?
Did Microsoft tell them that while selling MS SQL Server?
I worked on 'business intelligence' systems for some while at HP, and
believe me, it is just old fashoined database design/query work as
usual, but with a coat around it for managers so they can understand it
too. If you are lucky you can work with cubes, which is good fun. ;-)

Regards,
Erwin Moller
True, but that can be said of most any program. BI has specific goals
and ways to get there. And those goals and methods are what make it
different from things like data mining, or data warehousing, which are
also just old fashioned database designs/queries with a coats around them.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

Dec 12 '07 #4

P: n/a

"Erwin Moller"
<Si******************************************@spam yourself.comwrote in
message news:47***********************@news.xs4all.nl...
Steve wrote:
>"Roberto" <88*@myway.comwrote in message
news:20**********************************@w56g200 0hsf.googlegroups.com...
>>Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
project?

wtf is a 'dashboard' ?
>>My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category and
display them in charts inside gadgets.

gadgets like pda's and big chief tablets? really! get rid of the lingo
and start speaking in real terms.
>>We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java programmers,
and we mostly work with Linux.

and this is to illicite a response from php developers in a php usenet
group trying to foster some kind of fear in us all that you may change
your mind and go java or windows or mac? get real! both php and linux
stand on their own as fine products. the fact that you're saving millions
by taking this as your strategy only means you (your company) isn't
stupid! the fact that you post this kind of remark is not only insulting
to us - like we're too dim to catch such subtleties - it underscores your
pandering. it's pitiful. are you in sales or the news media? that's where
this kind of shit most frequently presents itself!

LOL. :-)
/me passes a nice cool beer to Steve so he can relax a little.
not a big beer drinker...actually, i don't like beer. long islands are quite
nice though. :^)
Seriously, I am not sure the OP ment the PHP/Java line in that way.
If he did, horaaaay to your response. well deserved.
If not, well... bad luck :P
yeah, if i just read it alone then i'd had just thought the op had a
disjointed thought. however in context, it seems the guy is reasonably
intelligent and has used usenet before. the likelihood of that being there
without reason seemed remote...which prompted my attention a bit more than
what it normally would have.

either way, my panties never wadded...so i think we're ok. :)
Anyway, question still stand: wtf is a dashboard?
Not sure, I expect it is something that draws lines showing that the
management is making the right decissions.
i don't get into lingo much at all. the 'dashboard' i'm familiar with is
like a home page with performance indicators for financials and other
resources. however, that's a term used by my employer...whom is an
automobile manufacturer. so to me, that's just an isolated
pun/double-entendre. it would be reasonable that the term goes beyond just
this industry, however why would i look it up because i saw it used in
usenet...and why would i assume the definition.

i just leave it at the request, 'wtf is a dashboard'.
And how on earth did it get in peoples minds that business intelligence is
something you can pull of a shelf?
Did Microsoft tell them that while selling MS SQL Server?
I worked on 'business intelligence' systems for some while at HP, and
believe me, it is just old fashoined database design/query work as usual,
but with a coat around it for managers so they can understand it too. If
you are lucky you can work with cubes, which is good fun. ;-)
:)
Dec 12 '07 #5

P: n/a
Steve wrote:
"Erwin Moller"
<Si******************************************@spam yourself.comwrote in
message news:47***********************@news.xs4all.nl...
>Steve wrote:
>>"Roberto" <88*@myway.comwrote in message
news:20**********************************@w56g20 00hsf.googlegroups.com...
Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
project?
wtf is a 'dashboard' ?

My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category and
display them in charts inside gadgets.
gadgets like pda's and big chief tablets? really! get rid of the lingo
and start speaking in real terms.

We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java programmers,
and we mostly work with Linux.
and this is to illicite a response from php developers in a php usenet
group trying to foster some kind of fear in us all that you may change
your mind and go java or windows or mac? get real! both php and linux
stand on their own as fine products. the fact that you're saving millions
by taking this as your strategy only means you (your company) isn't
stupid! the fact that you post this kind of remark is not only insulting
to us - like we're too dim to catch such subtleties - it underscores your
pandering. it's pitiful. are you in sales or the news media? that's where
this kind of shit most frequently presents itself!
LOL. :-)
/me passes a nice cool beer to Steve so he can relax a little.

not a big beer drinker...actually, i don't like beer. long islands are quite
nice though. :^)
>Seriously, I am not sure the OP ment the PHP/Java line in that way.
If he did, horaaaay to your response. well deserved.
If not, well... bad luck :P

yeah, if i just read it alone then i'd had just thought the op had a
disjointed thought. however in context, it seems the guy is reasonably
intelligent and has used usenet before. the likelihood of that being there
without reason seemed remote...which prompted my attention a bit more than
what it normally would have.

either way, my panties never wadded...so i think we're ok. :)
>Anyway, question still stand: wtf is a dashboard?
Not sure, I expect it is something that draws lines showing that the
management is making the right decissions.

i don't get into lingo much at all. the 'dashboard' i'm familiar with is
like a home page with performance indicators for financials and other
resources. however, that's a term used by my employer...whom is an
automobile manufacturer. so to me, that's just an isolated
pun/double-entendre. it would be reasonable that the term goes beyond just
this industry, however why would i look it up because i saw it used in
usenet...and why would i assume the definition.

i just leave it at the request, 'wtf is a dashboard'.
>And how on earth did it get in peoples minds that business intelligence is
something you can pull of a shelf?
Did Microsoft tell them that while selling MS SQL Server?
I worked on 'business intelligence' systems for some while at HP, and
believe me, it is just old fashoined database design/query work as usual,
but with a coat around it for managers so they can understand it too. If
you are lucky you can work with cubes, which is good fun. ;-)

:)
I read your response just like Erwin did. And you're still full of shite.

Just another example of a troll at work. And this time you can't claim
I "forced" you to do it.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

Dec 12 '07 #6

P: n/a
Erwin Moller wrote:
Steve wrote:
>"Roberto" <88*@myway.comwrote in message
news:20**********************************@w56g200 0hsf.googlegroups.com...
>>Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
project?

wtf is a 'dashboard' ?
>>My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category and
display them in charts inside gadgets.

gadgets like pda's and big chief tablets? really! get rid of the lingo
and start speaking in real terms.
>>We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java programmers,
and we mostly work with Linux.

and this is to illicite a response from php developers in a php usenet
group trying to foster some kind of fear in us all that you may change
your mind and go java or windows or mac? get real! both php and linux
stand on their own as fine products. the fact that you're saving
millions by taking this as your strategy only means you (your company)
isn't stupid! the fact that you post this kind of remark is not only
insulting to us - like we're too dim to catch such subtleties - it
underscores your pandering. it's pitiful. are you in sales or the news
media? that's where this kind of shit most frequently presents itself!

LOL. :-)
/me passes a nice cool beer to Steve so he can relax a little.

Seriously, I am not sure the OP ment the PHP/Java line in that way.
If he did, horaaaay to your response. well deserved.
If not, well... bad luck :P

Anyway, question still stand: wtf is a dashboard?
Not sure, I expect it is something that draws lines showing that the
management is making the right decissions.

And how on earth did it get in peoples minds that business intelligence
is something you can pull of a shelf?
Did Microsoft tell them that while selling MS SQL Server?
I worked on 'business intelligence' systems for some while at HP, and
believe me, it is just old fashoined database design/query work as
usual, but with a coat around it for managers so they can understand it
too. If you are lucky you can work with cubes, which is good fun. ;-)

Regards,
Erwin Moller
Erwin,

Steve must be off his medication, or maybe this is his evil twin. He's
back into trolling mode, after a few weeks of semi-sane responses.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

Dec 12 '07 #7

P: n/a

"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:Ep******************************@comcast.com. ..
Steve wrote:
>"Erwin Moller"
<Si******************************************@spa myourself.comwrote in
message news:47***********************@news.xs4all.nl...
>>Steve wrote:
"Roberto" <88*@myway.comwrote in message
news:20**********************************@w56g2 000hsf.googlegroups.com...
Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
project?
wtf is a 'dashboard' ?

My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category and
display them in charts inside gadgets.
gadgets like pda's and big chief tablets? really! get rid of the lingo
and start speaking in real terms.

We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java programmers,
and we mostly work with Linux.
and this is to illicite a response from php developers in a php usenet
group trying to foster some kind of fear in us all that you may change
your mind and go java or windows or mac? get real! both php and linux
stand on their own as fine products. the fact that you're saving
millions by taking this as your strategy only means you (your company)
isn't stupid! the fact that you post this kind of remark is not only
insulting to us - like we're too dim to catch such subtleties - it
underscores your pandering. it's pitiful. are you in sales or the news
media? that's where this kind of shit most frequently presents itself!
LOL. :-)
/me passes a nice cool beer to Steve so he can relax a little.

not a big beer drinker...actually, i don't like beer. long islands are
quite nice though. :^)
>>Seriously, I am not sure the OP ment the PHP/Java line in that way.
If he did, horaaaay to your response. well deserved.
If not, well... bad luck :P

yeah, if i just read it alone then i'd had just thought the op had a
disjointed thought. however in context, it seems the guy is reasonably
intelligent and has used usenet before. the likelihood of that being
there without reason seemed remote...which prompted my attention a bit
more than what it normally would have.

either way, my panties never wadded...so i think we're ok. :)
>>Anyway, question still stand: wtf is a dashboard?
Not sure, I expect it is something that draws lines showing that the
management is making the right decissions.

i don't get into lingo much at all. the 'dashboard' i'm familiar with is
like a home page with performance indicators for financials and other
resources. however, that's a term used by my employer...whom is an
automobile manufacturer. so to me, that's just an isolated
pun/double-entendre. it would be reasonable that the term goes beyond
just this industry, however why would i look it up because i saw it used
in usenet...and why would i assume the definition.

i just leave it at the request, 'wtf is a dashboard'.
>>And how on earth did it get in peoples minds that business intelligence
is something you can pull of a shelf?
Did Microsoft tell them that while selling MS SQL Server?
I worked on 'business intelligence' systems for some while at HP, and
believe me, it is just old fashoined database design/query work as
usual, but with a coat around it for managers so they can understand it
too. If you are lucky you can work with cubes, which is good fun. ;-)

:)

I read your response just like Erwin did. And you're still full of shite.
good for you x2. and anyone cares because?
Just another example of a troll at work. And this time you can't claim I
"forced" you to do it.
wtf? when did i ever make such a claim, jerry? please grap the message id
and post it in your next divelling response. i really pissed you off by
quoting the point and quoting your restatement of it...and how it goes to
show you're functionally illiterate and/or easily distracted, i.e. a.d.d.

btw, can you or can you not run cgi from the command-line? yes or no.
M.O.R.O.N.
Dec 12 '07 #8

P: n/a

"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:Ep******************************@comcast.com. ..
Erwin Moller wrote:
>Steve wrote:
>>"Roberto" <88*@myway.comwrote in message
news:20**********************************@w56g20 00hsf.googlegroups.com...
Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
project?

wtf is a 'dashboard' ?

My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category and
display them in charts inside gadgets.

gadgets like pda's and big chief tablets? really! get rid of the lingo
and start speaking in real terms.

We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java programmers,
and we mostly work with Linux.

and this is to illicite a response from php developers in a php usenet
group trying to foster some kind of fear in us all that you may change
your mind and go java or windows or mac? get real! both php and linux
stand on their own as fine products. the fact that you're saving
millions by taking this as your strategy only means you (your company)
isn't stupid! the fact that you post this kind of remark is not only
insulting to us - like we're too dim to catch such subtleties - it
underscores your pandering. it's pitiful. are you in sales or the news
media? that's where this kind of shit most frequently presents itself!

LOL. :-)
/me passes a nice cool beer to Steve so he can relax a little.

Seriously, I am not sure the OP ment the PHP/Java line in that way.
If he did, horaaaay to your response. well deserved.
If not, well... bad luck :P

Anyway, question still stand: wtf is a dashboard?
Not sure, I expect it is something that draws lines showing that the
management is making the right decissions.

And how on earth did it get in peoples minds that business intelligence
is something you can pull of a shelf?
Did Microsoft tell them that while selling MS SQL Server?
I worked on 'business intelligence' systems for some while at HP, and
believe me, it is just old fashoined database design/query work as usual,
but with a coat around it for managers so they can understand it too. If
you are lucky you can work with cubes, which is good fun. ;-)

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Erwin,

Steve must be off his medication, or maybe this is his evil twin. He's
back into trolling mode, after a few weeks of semi-sane responses.
what are you talking about? you accuse everyone of trolling when they take
you on in 'debate'...actually, we bring debate...you offer strawmen.

as it is, i was telling the guy not to use biz lingo if he wants a
meaningful response.

it pleases me to no end that telling you *AND SHOWING* you that you're wrong
illicites such a strong emotional response in you that you feel the need to
follow where i post and take pot-shots. what a life you must lead, jerry.
Dec 12 '07 #9

P: n/a
Steve wrote:
"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:Ep******************************@comcast.com. ..
>Steve wrote:
>>"Erwin Moller"
<Si******************************************@sp amyourself.comwrote in
message news:47***********************@news.xs4all.nl...
Steve wrote:
"Roberto" <88*@myway.comwrote in message
news:20**********************************@w56g 2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
>Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
>project?
wtf is a 'dashboard' ?
>
>My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
>intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category and
>display them in charts inside gadgets.
gadgets like pda's and big chief tablets? really! get rid of the lingo
and start speaking in real terms.
>
>We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java programmers,
>and we mostly work with Linux.
and this is to illicite a response from php developers in a php usenet
group trying to foster some kind of fear in us all that you may change
your mind and go java or windows or mac? get real! both php and linux
stand on their own as fine products. the fact that you're saving
millions by taking this as your strategy only means you (your company)
isn't stupid! the fact that you post this kind of remark is not only
insulting to us - like we're too dim to catch such subtleties - it
underscores your pandering. it's pitiful. are you in sales or the news
media? that's where this kind of shit most frequently presents itself!
LOL. :-)
/me passes a nice cool beer to Steve so he can relax a little.
not a big beer drinker...actually, i don't like beer. long islands are
quite nice though. :^)

Seriously, I am not sure the OP ment the PHP/Java line in that way.
If he did, horaaaay to your response. well deserved.
If not, well... bad luck :P
yeah, if i just read it alone then i'd had just thought the op had a
disjointed thought. however in context, it seems the guy is reasonably
intelligent and has used usenet before. the likelihood of that being
there without reason seemed remote...which prompted my attention a bit
more than what it normally would have.

either way, my panties never wadded...so i think we're ok. :)

Anyway, question still stand: wtf is a dashboard?
Not sure, I expect it is something that draws lines showing that the
management is making the right decissions.
i don't get into lingo much at all. the 'dashboard' i'm familiar with is
like a home page with performance indicators for financials and other
resources. however, that's a term used by my employer...whom is an
automobile manufacturer. so to me, that's just an isolated
pun/double-entendre. it would be reasonable that the term goes beyond
just this industry, however why would i look it up because i saw it used
in usenet...and why would i assume the definition.

i just leave it at the request, 'wtf is a dashboard'.

And how on earth did it get in peoples minds that business intelligence
is something you can pull of a shelf?
Did Microsoft tell them that while selling MS SQL Server?
I worked on 'business intelligence' systems for some while at HP, and
believe me, it is just old fashoined database design/query work as
usual, but with a coat around it for managers so they can understand it
too. If you are lucky you can work with cubes, which is good fun. ;-)
:)
I read your response just like Erwin did. And you're still full of shite.

good for you x2. and anyone cares because?
>Just another example of a troll at work. And this time you can't claim I
"forced" you to do it.

wtf? when did i ever make such a claim, jerry? please grap the message id
and post it in your next divelling response. i really pissed you off by
quoting the point and quoting your restatement of it...and how it goes to
show you're functionally illiterate and/or easily distracted, i.e. a.d.d.

btw, can you or can you not run cgi from the command-line? yes or no.
M.O.R.O.N.
Stuff it, asshole. You're still full of shite.

And NO, you cannot run a CGI script from the command line.

T.R.O.L.L.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

Dec 13 '07 #10

P: n/a
Steve wrote:
"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:Ep******************************@comcast.com. ..
>Erwin Moller wrote:
>>Steve wrote:
"Roberto" <88*@myway.comwrote in message
news:20**********************************@w56g2 000hsf.googlegroups.com...
Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
project?
wtf is a 'dashboard' ?

My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category and
display them in charts inside gadgets.
gadgets like pda's and big chief tablets? really! get rid of the lingo
and start speaking in real terms.

We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java programmers,
and we mostly work with Linux.
and this is to illicite a response from php developers in a php usenet
group trying to foster some kind of fear in us all that you may change
your mind and go java or windows or mac? get real! both php and linux
stand on their own as fine products. the fact that you're saving
millions by taking this as your strategy only means you (your company)
isn't stupid! the fact that you post this kind of remark is not only
insulting to us - like we're too dim to catch such subtleties - it
underscores your pandering. it's pitiful. are you in sales or the news
media? that's where this kind of shit most frequently presents itself!

LOL. :-)
/me passes a nice cool beer to Steve so he can relax a little.

Seriously, I am not sure the OP ment the PHP/Java line in that way.
If he did, horaaaay to your response. well deserved.
If not, well... bad luck :P

Anyway, question still stand: wtf is a dashboard?
Not sure, I expect it is something that draws lines showing that the
management is making the right decissions.

And how on earth did it get in peoples minds that business intelligence
is something you can pull of a shelf?
Did Microsoft tell them that while selling MS SQL Server?
I worked on 'business intelligence' systems for some while at HP, and
believe me, it is just old fashoined database design/query work as usual,
but with a coat around it for managers so they can understand it too. If
you are lucky you can work with cubes, which is good fun. ;-)

Regards,
Erwin Moller
Erwin,

Steve must be off his medication, or maybe this is his evil twin. He's
back into trolling mode, after a few weeks of semi-sane responses.

what are you talking about? you accuse everyone of trolling when they take
you on in 'debate'...actually, we bring debate...you offer strawmen.

as it is, i was telling the guy not to use biz lingo if he wants a
meaningful response.
He didn't use business lingo. He used a term which is well recognized
in many circles. But obviously not those your miniature brain has any
knowledge of.

A quick google of the term would have shown you what it is. But even
that's beyond your limited comprehension.
it pleases me to no end that telling you *AND SHOWING* you that you're wrong
illicites such a strong emotional response in you that you feel the need to
follow where i post and take pot-shots. what a life you must lead, jerry.

I don't mind being shown I'm wrong, Steve. Intelligent people do it all
the time, and I accept it.

But when trolls who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground try
to claim I'm wrong then argue from a point of complete ignorance and
don't accept the facts, yes, I get upset.

Now go crawl back in your hole.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

Dec 13 '07 #11

P: n/a

"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:Z7******************************@comcast.com. ..
Steve wrote:
>"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:Ep******************************@comcast.com ...
>>Steve wrote:
"Erwin Moller"
<Si******************************************@s pamyourself.comwrote
in message news:47***********************@news.xs4all.nl...
Steve wrote:
>"Roberto" <88*@myway.comwrote in message
>news:20**********************************@w56 g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
>>Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
>>project?
>wtf is a 'dashboard' ?
>>
>>My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
>>intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category
>>and
>>display them in charts inside gadgets.
>gadgets like pda's and big chief tablets? really! get rid of the
>lingo and start speaking in real terms.
>>
>>We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java
>>programmers,
>>and we mostly work with Linux.
>and this is to illicite a response from php developers in a php
>usenet group trying to foster some kind of fear in us all that you
>may change your mind and go java or windows or mac? get real! both
>php and linux stand on their own as fine products. the fact that
>you're saving millions by taking this as your strategy only means you
>(your company) isn't stupid! the fact that you post this kind of
>remark is not only insulting to us - like we're too dim to catch such
>subtleties - it underscores your pandering. it's pitiful. are you in
>sales or the news media? that's where this kind of shit most
>frequently presents itself!
LOL. :-)
/me passes a nice cool beer to Steve so he can relax a little.
not a big beer drinker...actually, i don't like beer. long islands are
quite nice though. :^)

Seriously, I am not sure the OP ment the PHP/Java line in that way.
If he did, horaaaay to your response. well deserved.
If not, well... bad luck :P
yeah, if i just read it alone then i'd had just thought the op had a
disjointed thought. however in context, it seems the guy is reasonably
intelligent and has used usenet before. the likelihood of that being
there without reason seemed remote...which prompted my attention a bit
more than what it normally would have.

either way, my panties never wadded...so i think we're ok. :)

Anyway, question still stand: wtf is a dashboard?
Not sure, I expect it is something that draws lines showing that the
management is making the right decissions.
i don't get into lingo much at all. the 'dashboard' i'm familiar with
is like a home page with performance indicators for financials and
other resources. however, that's a term used by my employer...whom is
an automobile manufacturer. so to me, that's just an isolated
pun/double-entendre. it would be reasonable that the term goes beyond
just this industry, however why would i look it up because i saw it
used in usenet...and why would i assume the definition.

i just leave it at the request, 'wtf is a dashboard'.

And how on earth did it get in peoples minds that business
intelligence is something you can pull of a shelf?
Did Microsoft tell them that while selling MS SQL Server?
I worked on 'business intelligence' systems for some while at HP, and
believe me, it is just old fashoined database design/query work as
usual, but with a coat around it for managers so they can understand
it too. If you are lucky you can work with cubes, which is good fun.
;-)
:)
I read your response just like Erwin did. And you're still full of
shite.

good for you x2. and anyone cares because?
>>Just another example of a troll at work. And this time you can't claim
I "forced" you to do it.

wtf? when did i ever make such a claim, jerry? please grap the message id
and post it in your next divelling response. i really pissed you off by
quoting the point and quoting your restatement of it...and how it goes to
show you're functionally illiterate and/or easily distracted, i.e. a.d.d.

btw, can you or can you not run cgi from the command-line? yes or no.
M.O.R.O.N.

Stuff it, asshole. You're still full of shite.
let me get down to your level...you can't make me, and, nuh-uh.
And NO, you cannot run a CGI script from the command line.
sorry, already showed that you can. you cannot distinguish wtf you're
talking about to give proof to your claim. as i run true cgi scripts from
the cgi exe *all the time* from the command-line, i assure you that you're
wrong.
T.R.O.L.L.
lol.
Dec 13 '07 #12

P: n/a
Steve wrote:
"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:Z7******************************@comcast.com. ..
>Steve wrote:
>>"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:Ep******************************@comcast.co m...
Steve wrote:
"Erwin Moller"
<Si******************************************@ spamyourself.comwrote
in message news:47***********************@news.xs4all.nl...
>Steve wrote:
>>"Roberto" <88*@myway.comwrote in message
>>news:20**********************************@w5 6g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
>>>Can anyone recommend a PHP-based dashboard product or open source
>>>project?
>>wtf is a 'dashboard' ?
>>>
>>>My employer is looking to purchase a product to collect business
>>>intelligence data like number of customer interactions by category
>>>and
>>>display them in charts inside gadgets.
>>gadgets like pda's and big chief tablets? really! get rid of the
>>lingo and start speaking in real terms.
>>>
>>>We have an investment in PHP programmers instead of Java
>>>programmers,
>>>and we mostly work with Linux.
>>and this is to illicite a response from php developers in a php
>>usenet group trying to foster some kind of fear in us all that you
>>may change your mind and go java or windows or mac? get real! both
>>php and linux stand on their own as fine products. the fact that
>>you're saving millions by taking this as your strategy only means you
>>(your company) isn't stupid! the fact that you post this kind of
>>remark is not only insulting to us - like we're too dim to catch such
>>subtleties - it underscores your pandering. it's pitiful. are you in
>>sales or the news media? that's where this kind of shit most
>>frequently presents itself!
>LOL. :-)
>/me passes a nice cool beer to Steve so he can relax a little.
not a big beer drinker...actually, i don't like beer. long islands are
quite nice though. :^)
>
>Seriously, I am not sure the OP ment the PHP/Java line in that way.
>If he did, horaaaay to your response. well deserved.
>If not, well... bad luck :P
yeah, if i just read it alone then i'd had just thought the op had a
disjointed thought. however in context, it seems the guy is reasonably
intelligent and has used usenet before. the likelihood of that being
there without reason seemed remote...which prompted my attention a bit
more than what it normally would have.
>
either way, my panties never wadded...so i think we're ok. :)
>
>Anyway, question still stand: wtf is a dashboard?
>Not sure, I expect it is something that draws lines showing that the
>management is making the right decissions.
i don't get into lingo much at all. the 'dashboard' i'm familiar with
is like a home page with performance indicators for financials and
other resources. however, that's a term used by my employer...whom is
an automobile manufacturer. so to me, that's just an isolated
pun/double-entendre. it would be reasonable that the term goes beyond
just this industry, however why would i look it up because i saw it
used in usenet...and why would i assume the definition.
>
i just leave it at the request, 'wtf is a dashboard'.
>
>And how on earth did it get in peoples minds that business
>intelligence is something you can pull of a shelf?
>Did Microsoft tell them that while selling MS SQL Server?
>I worked on 'business intelligence' systems for some while at HP, and
>believe me, it is just old fashoined database design/query work as
>usual, but with a coat around it for managers so they can understand
>it too. If you are lucky you can work with cubes, which is good fun.
>;-)
:)
I read your response just like Erwin did. And you're still full of
shite.
good for you x2. and anyone cares because?

Just another example of a troll at work. And this time you can't claim
I "forced" you to do it.
wtf? when did i ever make such a claim, jerry? please grap the message id
and post it in your next divelling response. i really pissed you off by
quoting the point and quoting your restatement of it...and how it goes to
show you're functionally illiterate and/or easily distracted, i.e. a.d.d.

btw, can you or can you not run cgi from the command-line? yes or no.
M.O.R.O.N.
Stuff it, asshole. You're still full of shite.

let me get down to your level...you can't make me, and, nuh-uh.
>And NO, you cannot run a CGI script from the command line.

sorry, already showed that you can. you cannot distinguish wtf you're
talking about to give proof to your claim. as i run true cgi scripts from
the cgi exe *all the time* from the command-line, i assure you that you're
wrong.
>T.R.O.L.L.

lol.
And how exactly to you set a cookie? Or start a session? Things CGI
scripts are allowed to do?

Oh, wait. You're running a non-cgi script with the cgi executable and
claiming you're running a cgi.

ROLFMAO at your COMPLETE STOOPIDITY!

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

Dec 13 '07 #13

P: n/a
Steve wrote:
More shite from the T.R.O.L.L. snipped.

He can take the time to blast the op because the op used a term STEVIE
isn't familiar with. But can't spend 10 seconds googling for the term.

ROFLMAO at his ASININE posts!

Thanks Steve, I needed a good laugh today. Now be a good boy and go
back on your medication.
--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

Dec 13 '07 #14

P: n/a

"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:--******************************@comcast.com...
Steve wrote:
More shite from the T.R.O.L.L. snipped.

He can take the time to blast the op because the op used a term STEVIE
isn't familiar with. But can't spend 10 seconds googling for the term.

ROFLMAO at his ASININE posts!

Thanks Steve, I needed a good laugh today. Now be a good boy and go back
on your medication.
wow. so, that's the best you've got. i feel the need to thank you for the
same...and, for the same reasons. :)
Dec 13 '07 #15

P: n/a
Steve wrote:
"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:--******************************@comcast.com...
>Steve wrote:
More shite from the T.R.O.L.L. snipped.

He can take the time to blast the op because the op used a term STEVIE
isn't familiar with. But can't spend 10 seconds googling for the term.

ROFLMAO at his ASININE posts!

Thanks Steve, I needed a good laugh today. Now be a good boy and go back
on your medication.

wow. so, that's the best you've got. i feel the need to thank you for the
same...and, for the same reasons. :)
The S.T.O.O.P.I.D. T.R.O.L.L. comes up with another A.S.I.N.I.N.E.
R.E.S.P.O.N.S.E.

But that's not at all U.N.U.S.U.A.L. It's all he K.N.O.W.S. ROFLMAO!

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

Dec 14 '07 #16

P: n/a
jamesgoode wrote:
>
Cool it, ok? We aren't helping to answer the question at all.
You don't understand Stevie. He is completely incompetent, and the only
way he can claim any type of competence is to misquote people and twist
their words to what HE wants people to say.

He's just a lonesome guy with no friends and a low paying job
desperately trying to find acceptance. He won't post under his real
name because he's so afraid of everyone finding out how bad he really is
and laugh at him.

But what he doesn't realize is we're laughing at him anyway.

The poor guy needs to get back on his medication.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

Dec 15 '07 #17

P: n/a

"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:4I******************************@comcast.com. ..
jamesgoode wrote:
>>
Cool it, ok? We aren't helping to answer the question at all.

You don't understand Stevie. He is completely incompetent, and the only
way he can claim any type of competence is to misquote people and twist
their words to what HE wants people to say.
wow jerry, you just keep a coming! the rest of those who can read can see
this claim as a lie. i give quotes and message thread showing you to be a
liar and a troll. you pretend they don't exist or mean something totally
different.

is it fun in your delution?
He's just a lonesome guy with no friends and a low paying job desperately
trying to find acceptance. He won't post under his real name because he's
so afraid of everyone finding out how bad he really is and laugh at him.
and you know this how? proof? oh, yeah, you don't think you require any.
But what he doesn't realize is we're laughing at him anyway.
perhaps, but would i care? i think your trolling is laughable.
The poor guy needs to get back on his medication.
can you say, projection?
Dec 15 '07 #18

P: n/a
Steve wrote:
"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:4I******************************@comcast.com. ..
>jamesgoode wrote:
>>Cool it, ok? We aren't helping to answer the question at all.
You don't understand Stevie. He is completely incompetent, and the only
way he can claim any type of competence is to misquote people and twist
their words to what HE wants people to say.

wow jerry, you just keep a coming! the rest of those who can read can see
this claim as a lie. i give quotes and message thread showing you to be a
liar and a troll. you pretend they don't exist or mean something totally
different.

is it fun in your delution?
>He's just a lonesome guy with no friends and a low paying job desperately
trying to find acceptance. He won't post under his real name because he's
so afraid of everyone finding out how bad he really is and laugh at him.

and you know this how? proof? oh, yeah, you don't think you require any.
>But what he doesn't realize is we're laughing at him anyway.

perhaps, but would i care? i think your trolling is laughable.
>The poor guy needs to get back on his medication.

can you say, projection?
ROFLMAO, T.R.O.L.L. You give nothing but shit.

And you know all about projection. Please - get back on your medication.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

Dec 15 '07 #19

P: n/a

"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:l_******************************@comcast.com. ..
Steve wrote:
>"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.netwrote in message
news:4I******************************@comcast.com ...
>>jamesgoode wrote:

Cool it, ok? We aren't helping to answer the question at all.

You don't understand Stevie. He is completely incompetent, and the only
way he can claim any type of competence is to misquote people and twist
their words to what HE wants people to say.

wow jerry, you just keep a coming! the rest of those who can read can see
this claim as a lie. i give quotes and message thread showing you to be a
liar and a troll. you pretend they don't exist or mean something totally
different.

is it fun in your delution?
>>He's just a lonesome guy with no friends and a low paying job
desperately trying to find acceptance. He won't post under his real
name because he's so afraid of everyone finding out how bad he really is
and laugh at him.

and you know this how? proof? oh, yeah, you don't think you require any.
>>But what he doesn't realize is we're laughing at him anyway.

perhaps, but would i care? i think your trolling is laughable.
>>The poor guy needs to get back on his medication.

can you say, projection?

ROFL
i'm sorry, were you saying something?
Dec 15 '07 #20

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.