By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
437,614 Members | 1,653 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 437,614 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Register_Globals on on some website

P: n/a
Is it possible to set Register Globals on or off depending on the virtual
directory of apache in which PHP is running? Is it possible using only one
php.ini?

Thanks,
A
Jul 17 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
Andrea A wrote:
Is it possible to set Register Globals on or off depending on the virtual
directory of apache in which PHP is running? Is it possible using only one
php.ini?


Here's from my .htaccess for one of my sites:

php_flag register_globals 0

Changing it to 1 will turn it on.

You should also be able to do this inside the VirtualHost directive.

--
Justin Koivisto - sp**@koivi.com
PHP POSTERS: Please use comp.lang.php for PHP related questions,
alt.php* groups are not recommended.
Jul 17 '05 #2

P: n/a
Justin Koivisto wrote:
Andrea A wrote:
Is it possible to set Register Globals on or off depending on the virtual
directory of apache in which PHP is running? Is it possible using only
one
php.ini?>


Here's from my .htaccess for one of my sites:

php_flag register_globals 0

Changing it to 1 will turn it on.

You should also be able to do this inside the VirtualHost directive.


This is interesting, I did not know you could do this, but I don't
really understand anything about virtual directory/virtual host. I'll do
a search and see if I can find something about this, but I wonder if
anyone would care to recommend some good on-line documentation?

Jul 17 '05 #3

P: n/a
bonehead wrote:
Justin Koivisto wrote:
Andrea A wrote:
Is it possible to set Register Globals on or off depending on the
virtual
directory of apache in which PHP is running? Is it possible using
only one
php.ini?>

Here's from my .htaccess for one of my sites:

php_flag register_globals 0

Changing it to 1 will turn it on.

You should also be able to do this inside the VirtualHost directive.


This is interesting, I did not know you could do this, but I don't
really understand anything about virtual directory/virtual host. I'll do
a search and see if I can find something about this, but I wonder if
anyone would care to recommend some good on-line documentation?


http://httpd.apache.org/docs/ :-D That's where I get it all...

Also, the PHP stuff:

what can be set where:
http://us2.php.net/ini_set

and for apache *module* settings:
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/configuration.changes.php

Looks like these *won't* work for CGI mode.

--
Justin Koivisto - sp**@koivi.com
PHP POSTERS: Please use comp.lang.php for PHP related questions,
alt.php* groups are not recommended.
Jul 17 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.