By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
459,272 Members | 1,045 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 459,272 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

How to troubleshoot xml-rpc error in WordPress?

P: n/a
I'm trying to use a blog client to write messages with "attached" .pdf
content to WordPress blogs. WIth the "Direct Upload" mechanism, the
attached files work for some types (like .txt) but fails with .pdfs,
with a message about an XML parsing error. However, the XML code looks
pretty good to my untrained eye, and gives no errors when run through
some verifiers , and there are no errors in the httpd logs. As far as I
can tell, this is using Incutio's xml-rpc library, but I haven't gotten
any response from them (him) about what might be going on - the error
message is not too helpful ("Invalid procedure call or argument").

What steps can I take to get some more useful debug info?
Jul 25 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
9 Replies


P: n/a
Nooze Goy wrote:
I'm trying to use a blog client to write messages with "attached" .pdf
content to WordPress blogs. WIth the "Direct Upload" mechanism, the
attached files work for some types (like .txt) but fails with .pdfs,
with a message about an XML parsing error. However, the XML code looks
pretty good to my untrained eye, and gives no errors when run through
some verifiers , and there are no errors in the httpd logs. As far as I
can tell, this is using Incutio's xml-rpc library, but I haven't gotten
any response from them (him) about what might be going on - the error
message is not too helpful ("Invalid procedure call or argument").

What steps can I take to get some more useful debug info?
Maybe ask the WordPress support people?

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Jul 26 '07 #2

P: n/a
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Nooze Goy wrote:
>I'm trying to use a blog client to write messages with "attached" .pdf
content to WordPress blogs. WIth the "Direct Upload" mechanism, the
attached files work for some types (like .txt) but fails with .pdfs,
with a message about an XML parsing error. However, the XML code looks
pretty good to my untrained eye, and gives no errors when run through
some verifiers , and there are no errors in the httpd logs. As far as
I can tell, this is using Incutio's xml-rpc library, but I haven't
gotten any response from them (him) about what might be going on - the
error message is not too helpful ("Invalid procedure call or argument").

What steps can I take to get some more useful debug info?

Maybe ask the WordPress support people?
What makes you think I haven't already done that?
Jul 26 '07 #3

P: n/a
Nooze Goy wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>Nooze Goy wrote:
>>I'm trying to use a blog client to write messages with "attached"
.pdf content to WordPress blogs. WIth the "Direct Upload" mechanism,
the attached files work for some types (like .txt) but fails with
.pdfs, with a message about an XML parsing error. However, the XML
code looks pretty good to my untrained eye, and gives no errors when
run through some verifiers , and there are no errors in the httpd
logs. As far as I can tell, this is using Incutio's xml-rpc library,
but I haven't gotten any response from them (him) about what might be
going on - the error message is not too helpful ("Invalid procedure
call or argument").

What steps can I take to get some more useful debug info?

Maybe ask the WordPress support people?

What makes you think I haven't already done that?
I don't know. But this isn't the place to be asking. I doubt many
people know much about WordPress. Whereas everyone in the WordPress
support forums does.

Now if you have a question about specific PHP code, this is the place to
be asking.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Jul 26 '07 #4

P: n/a
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Nooze Goy wrote:
>Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>Nooze Goy wrote:
I'm trying to use a blog client to write messages with "attached"
.pdf content to WordPress blogs. WIth the "Direct Upload" mechanism,
the attached files work for some types (like .txt) but fails with
.pdfs, with a message about an XML parsing error. However, the XML
code looks pretty good to my untrained eye, and gives no errors when
run through some verifiers , and there are no errors in the httpd
logs. As far as I can tell, this is using Incutio's xml-rpc library,
but I haven't gotten any response from them (him) about what might
be going on - the error message is not too helpful ("Invalid
procedure call or argument").

What steps can I take to get some more useful debug info?

Maybe ask the WordPress support people?

What makes you think I haven't already done that?

I don't know.
You don't know, but you jump in anyway with your assumption? Why would
you do that?
But this isn't the place to be asking.
It's your opinion, and you're more than welcome to it. But it's not your
call, though, is it?
I doubt many
people know much about WordPress.
You are one assumptifying fella, ain'tcha?
Whereas everyone in the WordPress
support forums does.
Does what?
Now if you have a question about specific PHP code, this is the place to
be asking.
It IS a PHP code question, Jerry. It's obvious you don't know and
haven't taken the trouble to look at Incutio's code, you clearly don't
have any kind of answers, all you can do with this is make assumptions
and pontificate. Why don't you just go play somewhere else?
Jul 26 '07 #5

P: n/a
Nooze Goy wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>Nooze Goy wrote:
>>Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Nooze Goy wrote:
I'm trying to use a blog client to write messages with "attached"
.pdf content to WordPress blogs. WIth the "Direct Upload"
mechanism, the attached files work for some types (like .txt) but
fails with .pdfs, with a message about an XML parsing error.
However, the XML code looks pretty good to my untrained eye, and
gives no errors when run through some verifiers , and there are no
errors in the httpd logs. As far as I can tell, this is using
Incutio's xml-rpc library, but I haven't gotten any response from
them (him) about what might be going on - the error message is not
too helpful ("Invalid procedure call or argument").
>
What steps can I take to get some more useful debug info?

Maybe ask the WordPress support people?

What makes you think I haven't already done that?

I don't know.

You don't know, but you jump in anyway with your assumption? Why would
you do that?
>But this isn't the place to be asking.

It's your opinion, and you're more than welcome to it. But it's not your
call, though, is it?
I doubt many
people know much about WordPress.

You are one assumptifying fella, ain'tcha?
> Whereas everyone in the WordPress support forums does.

Does what?
>Now if you have a question about specific PHP code, this is the place
to be asking.

It IS a PHP code question, Jerry. It's obvious you don't know and
haven't taken the trouble to look at Incutio's code, you clearly don't
have any kind of answers, all you can do with this is make assumptions
and pontificate. Why don't you just go play somewhere else?
Not at all. This is a PHP group.

If you have a PHP question, what exactly is your PHP question? That is,
what is the *exact code* you're having problems with?

But you don't have any. All you did was come in here and ask how to do
something in WordPress.

Let me give you a clue - this is NOT comp.lang.WORDPRESS!

I tried to steer you to the right place. But you just can't understand.
The lack of other responses should have clued you that this is the
wrong place.

But even though I tried to help you, you come down on me. You're no
better than at troll. Get lost, loser.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Jul 27 '07 #6

P: n/a
Nooze Goy wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>Nooze Goy wrote:
>>Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Nooze Goy wrote:
I'm trying to use a blog client to write messages with "attached"
.pdf content to WordPress blogs. WIth the "Direct Upload"
mechanism, the attached files work for some types (like .txt) but
fails with .pdfs, with a message about an XML parsing error.
However, the XML code looks pretty good to my untrained eye, and
gives no errors when run through some verifiers , and there are no
errors in the httpd logs. As far as I can tell, this is using
Incutio's xml-rpc library, but I haven't gotten any response from
them (him) about what might be going on - the error message is not
too helpful ("Invalid procedure call or argument").
>
What steps can I take to get some more useful debug info?

Maybe ask the WordPress support people?

What makes you think I haven't already done that?

I don't know.

You don't know, but you jump in anyway with your assumption? Why would
you do that?
>But this isn't the place to be asking.

It's your opinion, and you're more than welcome to it. But it's not your
call, though, is it?
I doubt many
people know much about WordPress.

You are one assumptifying fella, ain'tcha?
> Whereas everyone in the WordPress support forums does.

Does what?
>Now if you have a question about specific PHP code, this is the place
to be asking.

It IS a PHP code question, Jerry. It's obvious you don't know and
haven't taken the trouble to look at Incutio's code, you clearly don't
have any kind of answers, all you can do with this is make assumptions
and pontificate. Why don't you just go play somewhere else?
I will add one thing. You're running under Apache, aren't you? Why not
try alt.apache.configuration? Or is your OS Linux? Any of those would
be just as appropriate.

Linux is written in C. So according to your argument, any linux
question is appropriate for a C newsgroup.

Just because WordPress is written in PHP doesn't mean this is an
appropriate newsgroup for WordPress questions! Get a clue!

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Jul 27 '07 #7

P: n/a
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Nooze Goy wrote:
>Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>Nooze Goy wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Nooze Goy wrote:
>I'm trying to use a blog client to write messages with "attached"
>.pdf content to WordPress blogs. WIth the "Direct Upload"
>mechanism, the attached files work for some types (like .txt) but
>fails with .pdfs, with a message about an XML parsing error.
>However, the XML code looks pretty good to my untrained eye, and
>gives no errors when run through some verifiers , and there are no
>errors in the httpd logs. As far as I can tell, this is using
>Incutio's xml-rpc library, but I haven't gotten any response from
>them (him) about what might be going on - the error message is not
>too helpful ("Invalid procedure call or argument").
>>
>What steps can I take to get some more useful debug info?
>
Maybe ask the WordPress support people?

What makes you think I haven't already done that?

I don't know.

You don't know, but you jump in anyway with your assumption? Why would
you do that?
.... duhhh... you don't know that, either?
>>But this isn't the place to be asking.

It's your opinion, and you're more than welcome to it. But it's not
your call, though, is it?
.... duhhh... you don't know that, either?
> I doubt many
people know much about WordPress.

You are one assumptifying fella, ain'tcha?
.... duhhh... you don't know that, either?
>> Whereas everyone in the WordPress support forums does.

Does what?
>>Now if you have a question about specific PHP code, this is the place
to be asking.

It IS a PHP code question, Jerry. It's obvious you don't know and
haven't taken the trouble to look at Incutio's code, you clearly don't
have any kind of answers, all you can do with this is make assumptions
and pontificate. Why don't you just go play somewhere else?

Not at all.
Ooooh, look! An answer... unfortunately, a complete non-sequitur.
There's a shock.
This is a PHP group.

If you have a PHP question, what exactly is your PHP question? That is,
what is the *exact code* you're having problems with?

But you don't have any. All you did was come in here and ask how to do
something in WordPress.

Let me give you a clue
You don't have any to give, though, do you?
- this is NOT comp.lang.WORDPRESS!
Since WP is an app and not a lang, it wouldn't be, would it?
I tried to steer you to the right place.
No, you didn't. You made an assumption - completely unjustified, and
totally incorrect - that I hadn't already tried there, and instead of
actually trying to help, you started running your keyboard. Just like to
see your name, is that it?
>But you just can't understand.
I understand you're a dolt, who can't stand to not have the last word.
Why do you insist on making yourself look more and more like an idiot?
The lack of other responses should have clued you that this is the
wrong place.
The lack of other responses more likely has to do with others who might
have had a useful offering rolling their eyes and thinking "There's that
moron Jerry... again."
But even though I tried to help you,
You did not. If you had wanted to help, you would have ASKED whether I'd
already tried any WP forums etc.
you come down on me. You're no
better than at troll.
"At troll?" Ah, the keyboardic equivalent of spittle flying from your
lips, eh?
Get lost, loser.
You're not just rude, you're also aggressively stupid... and you seem to
be suffering from some sort of enormous inferiority complex, which,
judging from your completely worthless responses so far, is entirely
justified in every respect.

Since you obviously have no idea where to start with troubleshooting PHP
xml-rpc code, why do you insist on blathering your non-answers and
raving about WordPress?

No, wait... don't answer any of these questions, just go play somewhere
else, why don't you?

I'm betting you simply cannot stand to not get in the last word - I
actually have a $5.00 bet with my youngest son, who is sitting here
reading this and asking me "Pop, why are you even responding to this
jackoff?", that you won't be able to resist... you're not going to let
me down, are you?

Jul 28 '07 #8

P: n/a
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Nooze Goy wrote:
>Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>Nooze Goy wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Nooze Goy wrote:
>I'm trying to use a blog client to write messages with "attached"
>.pdf content to WordPress blogs. WIth the "Direct Upload"
>mechanism, the attached files work for some types (like .txt) but
>fails with .pdfs, with a message about an XML parsing error.
>However, the XML code looks pretty good to my untrained eye, and
>gives no errors when run through some verifiers , and there are no
>errors in the httpd logs. As far as I can tell, this is using
>Incutio's xml-rpc library, but I haven't gotten any response from
>them (him) about what might be going on - the error message is not
>too helpful ("Invalid procedure call or argument").
>>
>What steps can I take to get some more useful debug info?
>
Maybe ask the WordPress support people?

What makes you think I haven't already done that?

I don't know.

You don't know, but you jump in anyway with your assumption? Why would
you do that?
>>But this isn't the place to be asking.

It's your opinion, and you're more than welcome to it. But it's not
your call, though, is it?
> I doubt many
people know much about WordPress.

You are one assumptifying fella, ain'tcha?
>> Whereas everyone in the WordPress support forums does.

Does what?
>>Now if you have a question about specific PHP code, this is the place
to be asking.

It IS a PHP code question, Jerry. It's obvious you don't know and
haven't taken the trouble to look at Incutio's code, you clearly don't
have any kind of answers, all you can do with this is make assumptions
and pontificate. Why don't you just go play somewhere else?

I will add one thing. You're running under Apache, aren't you? Why not
try alt.apache.configuration? Or is your OS Linux? Any of those would
be just as appropriate.

Linux is written in C. So according to your argument, any linux
question is appropriate for a C newsgroup.

Just because WordPress is written in PHP doesn't mean this is an
appropriate newsgroup for WordPress questions! Get a clue!
Multiple (non-)answers, now?

How pathetic are you?
Jul 28 '07 #9

P: n/a
Nooze Goy wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>Nooze Goy wrote:
>>Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Nooze Goy wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>Nooze Goy wrote:
>>I'm trying to use a blog client to write messages with "attached"
>>.pdf content to WordPress blogs. WIth the "Direct Upload"
>>mechanism, the attached files work for some types (like .txt) but
>>fails with .pdfs, with a message about an XML parsing error.
>>However, the XML code looks pretty good to my untrained eye, and
>>gives no errors when run through some verifiers , and there are
>>no errors in the httpd logs. As far as I can tell, this is using
>>Incutio's xml-rpc library, but I haven't gotten any response from
>>them (him) about what might be going on - the error message is
>>not too helpful ("Invalid procedure call or argument").
>>>
>>What steps can I take to get some more useful debug info?
>>
>Maybe ask the WordPress support people?
>
What makes you think I haven't already done that?

I don't know.

You don't know, but you jump in anyway with your assumption? Why
would you do that?

But this isn't the place to be asking.

It's your opinion, and you're more than welcome to it. But it's not
your call, though, is it?

I doubt many
people know much about WordPress.

You are one assumptifying fella, ain'tcha?

Whereas everyone in the WordPress support forums does.

Does what?

Now if you have a question about specific PHP code, this is the
place to be asking.

It IS a PHP code question, Jerry. It's obvious you don't know and
haven't taken the trouble to look at Incutio's code, you clearly
don't have any kind of answers, all you can do with this is make
assumptions and pontificate. Why don't you just go play somewhere else?

I will add one thing. You're running under Apache, aren't you? Why
not try alt.apache.configuration? Or is your OS Linux? Any of those
would be just as appropriate.

Linux is written in C. So according to your argument, any linux
question is appropriate for a C newsgroup.

Just because WordPress is written in PHP doesn't mean this is an
appropriate newsgroup for WordPress questions! Get a clue!

Multiple (non-)answers, now?

How pathetic are you?
You're just a troll - and a pretty bad one at that.

This is not your private newsgroup. This is a newsgroup for answering
PHP questions.

So WordPress is written in PHP? Linux is written in C - so by your
argument all Linux questions should be answered in comp.lang.c.

Notice no one else answered your post, you pathetic little turd. That's
because this isn't the place to ask how to do something in WordPress

But you're really just too stoopid to understand that, aren't you. And
you feel the whole internet should be at your disposal, to answer any
question in any newsgroup you want. It shows. Look at your response
after I gently tried to direct you to the right place. Just because you
couldn't ask a question intelligently enough to be answered in the
WordPress support doesn't mean you'll get one here. In fact, you won't.

Sorry, loser. It doesn't work that way.

Now go back to playing with yourself. You can see how many people here
are just jumping to play with you.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Jul 29 '07 #10

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.