By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
438,521 Members | 1,447 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 438,521 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Amazon api - call to undefined function

P: n/a
i've used the Amazon PHP api for several months now to pull amazon data into
my affiliate site - but recently i'm starting to get "call to undefined
function" errors

" Fatal error: Call to undefined function: asinsearchrequest() in"

What's strange is that problem is intermittent - and there is no way to
reproduce it exactly - it just appears to come and go. I'm using nusoap as
well.

Whilst googling around , i noticed another site has a similar issue:

http://film.de/shophomecinema.php

if the page appears normally, just refresh a few times to get the amazon
error.

Another else notice this problem and if there's any solution? I suspect
Amazon might have done something to their API ?

Jul 17 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
6 Replies


P: n/a
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:41:27 +0100, obi wan kenobi
<sm***********@whitehouse.gov> wrote:
Another else notice this problem and if there's any solution? I suspect
Amazon might have done something to their API ?


I thought you could only make a certain number of queries per minute?

Or is that the Google API...
Robbie
Jul 17 '05 #2

P: n/a
Robbie Baldock wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:41:27 +0100, obi wan kenobi
<sm***********@whitehouse.gov> wrote:
Another else notice this problem and if there's any solution? I suspect
Amazon might have done something to their API ?


I thought you could only make a certain number of queries per minute?

Or is that the Google API...
Robbie


Only 1 query per second is allowed according to the Amazon docs. Which is
what i've done - my queries run at intervals of 5 seconds , just to play
safe.

They appear to have introduced some sort of throttling, so that one source
cannot use the API in an extended run of grabbing data - that's what
appears to be happening to me.
I used to be able to grab data overnight - been doing it for months now.

Jul 17 '05 #3

P: n/a
obi wan kenobi wrote:
Robbie Baldock wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:41:27 +0100, obi wan kenobi
<sm***********@whitehouse.gov> wrote:

Another else notice this problem and if there's any solution? I suspect
Amazon might have done something to their API ?


I thought you could only make a certain number of queries per minute?

Or is that the Google API...
Robbie

Only 1 query per second is allowed according to the Amazon docs. Which is
what i've done - my queries run at intervals of 5 seconds , just to play
safe.

They appear to have introduced some sort of throttling, so that one source
cannot use the API in an extended run of grabbing data - that's what
appears to be happening to me.
I used to be able to grab data overnight - been doing it for months now.


if you are able to check the status of the call, then you can trap the
error, and reissue the last statement again after waiting until the next
5 second interval.
Michael Austin.
Jul 17 '05 #4

P: n/a
Hello,

On 06/28/2004 10:41 AM, obi wan kenobi wrote:
Another else notice this problem and if there's any solution? I suspect
Amazon might have done something to their API ?


Have you tried this Amazon access class? It uses the plain XML requests
instead of SOAP.

Class: Amazon API Access with PHP and XML http://www.phpclasses.org/amazon

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/

PHP Reviews - Reviews of PHP books and other products
http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/

Metastorage - Data object relational mapping layer generator
http://www.meta-language.net/metastorage.html
Jul 17 '05 #5

P: n/a
Manuel Lemos wrote:
Hello,

On 06/28/2004 10:41 AM, obi wan kenobi wrote:
Another else notice this problem and if there's any solution? I suspect
Amazon might have done something to their API ?


Have you tried this Amazon access class? It uses the plain XML requests
instead of SOAP.

Class: Amazon API Access with PHP and XML http://www.phpclasses.org/amazon


oooh! now that's useful!
the soap thing is a bit of a nightmare.

side note: i really wish someone would redesign the php classes site. great
resource, crappy website design.

Jul 17 '05 #6

P: n/a
In article <40***********************@news.easynet.co.uk>, obi wan kenobi wrote:
side note: i really wish someone would redesign the php classes site. great
resource, crappy website design.


Even that has been discussed here before :-O
--
Tim Van Wassenhove <http://home.mysth.be/~timvw>
Jul 17 '05 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.