468,306 Members | 1,188 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 468,306 developers. It's quick & easy.

PHP5 installation problem (Win XP)

Hi,

I have been using PHP4 for a long time on my test personal web server on
Windows XP Pro. Yesterday I decided to migrate to PHP5. I downloaded
binary installation of PHP 5.2.3 as a zip archive. I have unpacked it to
D:\PHP directory. I have created a "path" entry targeting this directory
in system variables and rebooted the system. I have modified php.ini
appropriately using 'php.ini-recommended' as a starting point. I have
changed "extentions" to "ext" in php.ini too. I have disabled all
extensions in php.ini for initial start (testing purpose).
I have pointed ISAPI filters section of IIS configuration to
D:\Php\php5isapi.dll and resterted IIS service. The library has loaded
properly as indicated with green arrow on the IIS console.

Unfortunately, while running info.php I only get the following message
in the browser:

"The specified module could not be found."

The actual page source is as follows:

<html><head><title>Error</title></head><body>The specified module could
not be found. </body></html>

There is no other error message despite error reporting switched on:

error_reporting = E_ALL
display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On

Can you give me any clue how to debug the problem?

Regards,
Ziggi
Jun 16 '07 #1
5 1805
One thing to check is if you have any old DLLs such as php4ts.dll from
a previous PHP install in your path or in %WinDir%. These should be
removed.

On Jun 16, 12:45 pm, Ziggi <z.szczesny@_nospam_pm-studio.plwrote:
Hi,

I have been using PHP4 for a long time on my test personal web server on
Windows XP Pro. Yesterday I decided to migrate to PHP5. I downloaded
binary installation of PHP 5.2.3 as a zip archive. I have unpacked it to
D:\PHP directory. I have created a "path" entry targeting this directory
in system variables and rebooted the system. I have modified php.ini
appropriately using 'php.ini-recommended' as a starting point. I have
changed "extentions" to "ext" in php.ini too. I have disabled all
extensions in php.ini for initial start (testing purpose).
I have pointed ISAPI filters section of IIS configuration to
D:\Php\php5isapi.dll and resterted IIS service. The library has loaded
properly as indicated with green arrow on the IIS console.

Unfortunately, while running info.php I only get the following message
in the browser:

"The specified module could not be found."

The actual page source is as follows:

<html><head><title>Error</title></head><body>The specified module could
not be found. </body></html>

There is no other error message despite error reporting switched on:

error_reporting = E_ALL
display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On

Can you give me any clue how to debug the problem?

Regards,
Ziggi

Jun 16 '07 #2
petersprc wrote:
One thing to check is if you have any old DLLs such as php4ts.dll from
a previous PHP install in your path or in %WinDir%. These should be
removed.
It was removed - the problem is not linked to this!
Ziggi
Jun 16 '07 #3
On 16 Jun., 18:45, Ziggi <z.szczesny@_nospam_pm-studio.plwrote:
Hi,

I have been using PHP4 for a long time on my test personal web server on
Windows XP Pro. Yesterday I decided to migrate to PHP5. I downloaded
binary installation of PHP 5.2.3 as a zip archive. I have unpacked it to
D:\PHP directory. I have created a "path" entry targeting this directory
in system variables and rebooted the system. I have modified php.ini
appropriately using 'php.ini-recommended' as a starting point. I have
changed "extentions" to "ext" in php.ini too. I have disabled all
extensions in php.ini for initial start (testing purpose).
I have pointed ISAPI filters section of IIS configuration to
D:\Php\php5isapi.dll and resterted IIS service. The library has loaded
properly as indicated with green arrow on the IIS console.

Unfortunately, while running info.php I only get the following message
in the browser:

"The specified module could not be found."

The actual page source is as follows:

<html><head><title>Error</title></head><body>The specified module could
not be found. </body></html>

There is no other error message despite error reporting switched on:

error_reporting = E_ALL
display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On

Can you give me any clue how to debug the problem?

Regards,
Ziggi
An another reason could be a left over php.ini of the previous PHP 4
installation inside your windir (C:\WINDOWS\). If so, remove it or
replace it with the new php.ini and restart IIS.
puraholic

Jun 17 '07 #4
An another reason could be a left over php.ini of the previous PHP 4
installation inside your windir (C:\WINDOWS\). If so, remove it or
replace it with the new php.ini and restart IIS.
Not this issue neither :-(

ZS
Jun 17 '07 #5
On 17 Jun., 12:39, Ziggi <z.szczesny@_nospam_pm-studio.plwrote:
An another reason could be a left over php.ini of the previous PHP 4
installation inside your windir (C:\WINDOWS\). If so, remove it or
replace it with the new php.ini and restart IIS.

Not this issue neither :-(

ZS
I suppose PHP tries to load something, maybe you can find it out using
Dependency Walker (see http://www.dependencywalker.com/).
purcaholic

Jun 17 '07 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

11 posts views Thread by neur0maniak | last post: by
12 posts views Thread by Sarah Tanembaum | last post: by
1 post views Thread by webguynow | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by sinister | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Auddog | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Chuck Anderson | last post: by
reply views Thread by gp | last post: by
12 posts views Thread by Alan M Dunsmuir | last post: by
reply views Thread by NPC403 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.