By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
437,949 Members | 1,855 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 437,949 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

mhash functions for my windows apache development server

P: n/a
I'm trying to set up a web page for credit card transactions and baffled
trying to find a download for mhash functions for my windows apache
development server. The real server supports mhash but I can't test it
on my localhost system. php.net points me to
http://pecl.php.net/packages.php where I don't see it in plain english,
googling around it looks like this may be it:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=585348 but it's short on
giving me a clue.

help! I'm lost...
Feb 27 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
Paul Furman wrote:
I'm trying to set up a web page for credit card transactions and baffled
trying to find a download for mhash functions for my windows apache
development server. The real server supports mhash but I can't test it
on my localhost system. php.net points me to
http://pecl.php.net/packages.php where I don't see it in plain english,
googling around it looks like this may be it:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=585348 but it's short on
giving me a clue.

help! I'm lost...
Downloaded from:
<http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=4286&use_mirror=easynews& filename=mhash-0.9.8.1.tar.gz&81187806>
from : http://mhash.sourceforge.net/
where they say "Note: Win32 DLLs have been removed. Use cygwin to
compile." http://www.cygwin.com/
now that looks like some kind of unix/linux emulator... all I want to do
is add these libraries to my winxp apache server argh. Something like
just copy them over & add a path to httpd.conf?
Feb 27 '07 #2

P: n/a
Paul Furman wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
>I'm trying to set up a web page for credit card transactions and
baffled trying to find a download for mhash functions for my windows
apache development server. The real server supports mhash but I can't
test it on my localhost system. php.net points me to
http://pecl.php.net/packages.php where I don't see it in plain
english, googling around it looks like this may be it:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=585348 but it's short
on giving me a clue.

help! I'm lost...

Downloaded from:
<http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=4286&use_mirror=easynews& filename=mhash-0.9.8.1.tar.gz&81187806>

from : http://mhash.sourceforge.net/
where they say "Note: Win32 DLLs have been removed. Use cygwin to
compile." http://www.cygwin.com/
now that looks like some kind of unix/linux emulator... all I want to do
is add these libraries to my winxp apache server argh. Something like
just copy them over & add a path to httpd.conf?
Hmm, I did already have some mhash dlls in my php folder:
C:\PHP\libmhash.dll
C:\PHP\extensions\php_mhash.dll
so I uncommented this line in my.ini:
extension=php_mhash.dll
....but restarting the apache service I get an error saying it ccan't
find php_mhash.dll THREE TIMES.

hmmm?
Feb 27 '07 #3

P: n/a
Paul Furman wrote:
>
Hmm, I did already have some mhash dlls in my php folder:
C:\PHP\libmhash.dll
C:\PHP\extensions\php_mhash.dll
so I uncommented this line in my.ini: [should read php.ini]
extension=php_mhash.dll
...but restarting the apache service I get an error saying it ccan't
find php_mhash.dll THREE TIMES.
Googling the exact error:
unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './php_mhash.dll' - The
specified module could not be found.
I found this suggestion:
Causes

The most common cause may be a misconfigured extension_dir setting in your php.ini.
Hmm, it simply reads:
extension_dir = "./"

so I tried:
extension_dir = "C:/PHP/extensions"
.... same triple error message...
You may also encounter the above errors if you enable all the extensions in PHP. The errors are generally caused by misconfigured extensions. Some extensions (e.g. Oracle) require additional setup, software, and support DLLs, which come from outside the main PHP installer.
Maybe the phpMyAdmin added a funny file? Nah, that just sits in it's own
folder.
You may have out-of-date extension DLLs in your extensions directory.
It's installed from a full package named php-4.3.4-Win32.zip dated
12-16-06 (pretty recent).
Some extensions may also have bugs that are causing warnings.
Solutions

You must configure extension_dir correctly to point to the folder with the DLL files.

Disable all unused extensions. You can easily disable an extension by commenting-out the corresponding line from your php.ini file. (php.ini may be located in c:\program files\php, c:\windows, c:\php, etc.) Comment-out lines by placing a semi-colon at the beginning of the line.
Most are disabled by default.
If there are still warnings after unused extensions are disabled, then you must read the documentation for each enabled extension, and install and configure any necessary third-party software.

If your DLLs are out-of-date, make sure to download and install the latest Windows binary zip packages from the PHP downloads page.

If that fails, try searching for bugs in bugs.php.net for the error message you encounter.
Ah Ha!
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=21280
....
Did you copy the dlls from the dll/ subdir to the windows system dir?
....
User reported that this fixed it.

SOLVED!
Feb 27 '07 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.