By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
455,826 Members | 1,333 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 455,826 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

curl - html/1.0

P: n/a
Hey,

I have to following code

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,
"http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=invite.addfriend_verify&frien dID="
.. $fid);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION, CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, 'cookie.txt');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $header_myspace_home);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, $agent);
$pagecontents = curl_exec($ch);

This code works fine on my local webserver, and I also tested it on another
test server. But when I put it online on the real server it get a fault.
I did a little research and discovered the problem. But I don't know how I
can solve it.

On my local webserver and test server I receive (in the $pagecontents) html
header http/1.1. And everything works fine. But on my real server I receive
html header http/1.0 and "Object Removed". One way or the other this curl
syntax doesn't work with http/1.0.

I tried the option CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION with CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1 but still
it's not working.

Is there someone who know how I can work around this? Or how I can
manipulate it so that it works with http/1.1?
Greetings,
Wim
Jan 23 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 23:51:10 +0100, Wim Kumpen <wi********@telenet.be
wrote:
Hey,

I have to following code

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,
"http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=invite.addfriend_verify&frien dID="
. $fid);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION, CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, 'cookie.txt');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $header_myspace_home);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, $agent);
$pagecontents = curl_exec($ch);

This code works fine on my local webserver, and I also tested it on
another
test server. But when I put it online on the real server it get a fault.
I did a little research and discovered the problem. But I don't know how
I
can solve it.

On my local webserver and test server I receive (in the $pagecontents)
html
header http/1.1. And everything works fine. But on my real server I
receive
html header http/1.0 and "Object Removed". One way or the other this curl
syntax doesn't work with http/1.0.

I tried the option CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION with CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1 but
still
it's not working.

Is there someone who know how I can work around this? Or how I can
manipulate it so that it works with http/1.1?
Greetings,
Wim

Hi Wim!
Does your $header_myspace_home contain any http version by chance?

My curl implementations haven't needed CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION thus far.

You may want to set CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION to 1, that way if the
requested page moved (from http://www.nu.nl/ to http://nu.nl/, for
instance) your curl will still be able to retrieve it.

Groeten uit Nederland!

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Jan 23 '07 #2

P: n/a

"OmegaJunior" <om*********@spamremove.home.nlschreef in bericht
news:op***************@cp139795-a.landg1.lb.home.nl...
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 23:51:10 +0100, Wim Kumpen <wi********@telenet.be>
wrote:
Hey,

I have to following code

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,
"http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=invite.addfriend_verify&frien dID="
. $fid);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION, CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, 'cookie.txt');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $header_myspace_home);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, $agent);
$pagecontents = curl_exec($ch);

This code works fine on my local webserver, and I also tested it on
another
test server. But when I put it online on the real server it get a fault.
I did a little research and discovered the problem. But I don't know how
I
can solve it.

On my local webserver and test server I receive (in the $pagecontents)
html
header http/1.1. And everything works fine. But on my real server I
receive
html header http/1.0 and "Object Removed". One way or the other this curl
syntax doesn't work with http/1.0.

I tried the option CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION with CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1 but
still
it's not working.

Is there someone who know how I can work around this? Or how I can
manipulate it so that it works with http/1.1?
Greetings,
Wim

>>Hi Wim!
Does your $header_myspace_home contain any http version by chance?

My curl implementations haven't needed CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION thus far.

You may want to set CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION to 1, that way if the
requested page moved (from http://www.nu.nl/ to http://nu.nl/, for
instance) your curl will still be able to retrieve it.

Groeten uit Nederland!
Hey,

$agent="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)";
$header_myspace_collect = array("Host:
collect.myspace.com",$agent,"Content-Type:
application/x-www-form-urlencoded","Content-Length: " . $contentlength);
$header_myspace_home = array("Host: home.myspace.com",$agent);

I tried changing followlocation to 1 and then I don't get this fault. But
then I don't get what I want. So I can't do this.
Maybe if I change something in my $agent of $header?

thanks for replying

Groetjes uit BelgiŽ :-)
Jan 24 '07 #3

P: n/a
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:32:38 +0100, Wim Kumpen <wi********@telenet.be>
wrote:
>
"OmegaJunior" <om*********@spamremove.home.nlschreef in bericht
news:op***************@cp139795-a.landg1.lb.home.nl...
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 23:51:10 +0100, Wim Kumpen <wi********@telenet.be>
wrote:
>Hey,

I have to following code

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,
"http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=invite.addfriend_verify&frien dID="
. $fid);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION, CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, 'cookie.txt');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $header_myspace_home);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, $agent);
$pagecontents = curl_exec($ch);

This code works fine on my local webserver, and I also tested it on
another
test server. But when I put it online on the real server it get a fault.
I did a little research and discovered the problem. But I don't know how
I
can solve it.

On my local webserver and test server I receive (in the $pagecontents)
html
header http/1.1. And everything works fine. But on my real server I
receive
html header http/1.0 and "Object Removed". One way or the other this
curl
syntax doesn't work with http/1.0.

I tried the option CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION with CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1 but
still
it's not working.

Is there someone who know how I can work around this? Or how I can
manipulate it so that it works with http/1.1?
Greetings,
Wim

>>Hi Wim!
Does your $header_myspace_home contain any http version by chance?

My curl implementations haven't needed CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION thus far.

You may want to set CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION to 1, that way if the
requested page moved (from http://www.nu.nl/ to http://nu.nl/, for
instance) your curl will still be able to retrieve it.

Groeten uit Nederland!

Hey,

$agent="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)";
$header_myspace_collect = array("Host:
collect.myspace.com",$agent,"Content-Type:
application/x-www-form-urlencoded","Content-Length: " . $contentlength);
$header_myspace_home = array("Host: home.myspace.com",$agent);

I tried changing followlocation to 1 and then I don't get this fault. But
then I don't get what I want. So I can't do this.
Maybe if I change something in my $agent of $header?

thanks for replying

Groetjes uit BelgiŽ :-)

You do
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $header_myspace_home);
with
$header_myspace_home = array("Host: home.myspace.com",$agent);
and
$agent="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)";
?

Wouldn't that result in a header looking like (what I think is wrong):

Host: home.myspace.com
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)

instead of (what I think is correct):

Host: home.myspace.com
User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)

?

I may have this wrong, but I think the first header results in a lot of
garbage, resulting in an erroneous response.

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Jan 24 '07 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.