By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
460,028 Members | 1,258 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 460,028 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Creating SubDomain with PHP

P: n/a
I have a registration form, when after registering, the user would get
a subdomain

http://username.domainname.com
I created a wildcard DNS which happened to redirect *.domainname.com to
the public_html folder.

I need to find a way to redirect eahc subdomain to it's user folder.
Any solutions?

Sep 18 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
Maximus wrote:
I have a registration form, when after registering, the user would get
a subdomain

http://username.domainname.com
I created a wildcard DNS which happened to redirect *.domainname.com to
the public_html folder.

I need to find a way to redirect eahc subdomain to it's user folder.
Any solutions?
I'd normally handle this in a .htaccess file instead of PHP.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Sep 18 '06 #2

P: n/a
HOW?????

Just give me a solution, not caring if it' PHP or anythin else

Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Maximus wrote:
I have a registration form, when after registering, the user would get
a subdomain

http://username.domainname.com
I created a wildcard DNS which happened to redirect *.domainname.com to
the public_html folder.

I need to find a way to redirect eahc subdomain to it's user folder.
Any solutions?

I'd normally handle this in a .htaccess file instead of PHP.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Sep 19 '06 #3

P: n/a
Maximus wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>Maximus wrote:
>>>I have a registration form, when after registering, the user would get
a subdomain

http://username.domainname.com
I created a wildcard DNS which happened to redirect *.domainname.com to
the public_html folder.

I need to find a way to redirect eahc subdomain to it's user folder.
Any solutions?

I'd normally handle this in a .htaccess file instead of PHP.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================


HOW?????

Just give me a solution, not caring if it' PHP or anythin else
(Top posting fixed)

Well, you could try alt.apache.configuration for a .htaccess solution.

And I don't just "give solutions" - at least not for free (as a
consultant, that's how I get paid). I do, however, help those who try
things themselves.

And please don't top post.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Sep 19 '06 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.