By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
440,559 Members | 1,180 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 440,559 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

uploading form data then submitting form to payment site

P: n/a
Hi all

Can anyone tell me how to submit a form to update its contents to a db
and then from the page the form is submitted to then submit another
form which is the payment processing data for a site such as paypal?

At the moment im having to have users submit the form and then click a
button on successful submission to take them through to payment
processing and i would like to streamline this process to just require
the submission of the details form.

kind regards

marc

Jul 31 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a

monomaniac21 wrote:
Hi all

Can anyone tell me how to submit a form to update its contents to a db
and then from the page the form is submitted to then submit another
form which is the payment processing data for a site such as paypal?

At the moment im having to have users submit the form and then click a
button on successful submission to take them through to payment
processing and i would like to streamline this process to just require
the submission of the details form.
You could use ajax to send the data to yourself and the have the form
submit itself as it normally would. Or you could have PHP take the
data that was resubmitted to it, create a new HTTP request based on
that, and then send the request to paypal or where-ever.

Alternatively, PayPal is supposed to it's own API which, although I've
never examined it, myself, should probably answer all your questions.
Check out: https://developer.paypal.com/

Jul 31 '06 #2

P: n/a
Thanks yawnmoth. the ajax idea sounds interesting. do u of good
tutorials or books on this particular aspect of ajax?

regards

marc
yawnmoth wrote:
monomaniac21 wrote:
Hi all

Can anyone tell me how to submit a form to update its contents to a db
and then from the page the form is submitted to then submit another
form which is the payment processing data for a site such as paypal?

At the moment im having to have users submit the form and then click a
button on successful submission to take them through to payment
processing and i would like to streamline this process to just require
the submission of the details form.

You could use ajax to send the data to yourself and the have the form
submit itself as it normally would. Or you could have PHP take the
data that was resubmitted to it, create a new HTTP request based on
that, and then send the request to paypal or where-ever.

Alternatively, PayPal is supposed to it's own API which, although I've
never examined it, myself, should probably answer all your questions.
Check out: https://developer.paypal.com/
Aug 1 '06 #3

P: n/a

monomaniac21 wrote:
Thanks yawnmoth. the ajax idea sounds interesting. do u of good
tutorials or books on this particular aspect of ajax?
This one seems pretty good:

http://www.lowing.org/ajax/

Knowing a bit about how HTTP works helps, as well.

Aug 2 '06 #4

P: n/a
monomaniac21 wrote:
Thanks yawnmoth. the ajax idea sounds interesting. do u of good
tutorials or books on this particular aspect of ajax?
Never use ajax or depend on client posting for payment related
things. You may try "Post2Host" scripts for posting via PHP. Always
there could be easier way to fix any issues; recheck your architecture.

--
<?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/

Aug 2 '06 #5

P: n/a
monomaniac21 wrote:
Hi all

Can anyone tell me how to submit a form to update its contents to a db
and then from the page the form is submitted to then submit another
form which is the payment processing data for a site such as paypal?

At the moment im having to have users submit the form and then click a
button on successful submission to take them through to payment
processing and i would like to streamline this process to just require
the submission of the details form.

kind regards

marc
CURL is an option here.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Aug 2 '06 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.