By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
435,337 Members | 2,234 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 435,337 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Form - Email question for NEWB

P: n/a
Hello,
I have been trying several php form scripts that send an email to me
once the user clicks submit. I have edited the code so that my correct
email is in the php script. However, I never receive the email. Is it
possibly because my server doesn't have SMTP forwarding?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- hoops
Jul 9 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
the mail function is uber easy to use in php.. that is.. however if its
configured correctly in php, run a script with phpinfo(); and you can
see the smtp settings etc in there, and of course you have to have a
mail server running..

Flamer.

Hoopster wrote:
Hello,
I have been trying several php form scripts that send an email to me
once the user clicks submit. I have edited the code so that my correct
email is in the php script. However, I never receive the email. Is it
possibly because my server doesn't have SMTP forwarding?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- hoops
Jul 10 '06 #2

P: n/a

This is what is showed.

SMTP localhost localhost
smtp_port 25 25


On 9 Jul 2006 17:10:00 -0700, "flamer di******@hotmail.com"
<di******@hotmail.comwrote:
>the mail function is uber easy to use in php.. that is.. however if its
configured correctly in php, run a script with phpinfo(); and you can
see the smtp settings etc in there, and of course you have to have a
mail server running..

Flamer.

Hoopster wrote:
>Hello,
I have been trying several php form scripts that send an email to me
once the user clicks submit. I have edited the code so that my correct
email is in the php script. However, I never receive the email. Is it
possibly because my server doesn't have SMTP forwarding?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- hoops
Jul 10 '06 #3

P: n/a

Hoopster wrote:
This is what is showed.

SMTP localhost localhost
smtp_port 25 25
yes that is correct..IF there is a mail daemon running on the local
machine, run netstat and see if port 25 is open, what mail daemon are
you running?? your php config is ok, your mail config probably isnt,
are you actually wanting to run an email server on this box?? if not
just point your php.ini file to use your isps smtp server.

Flamer.

Jul 10 '06 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.