By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
429,384 Members | 927 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 429,384 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Installing PHP on Apache problem

P: n/a
Hi,
I downloaded PHP 5.1.4 and Apache 2.2.2 and tried to install on Windows
XP.

Apache works ok, but when I try to restart it with PHP enabled, I get
this message:
Syntax error on line 115 of httpd.conf: Cannot load
C:/PHP/php5apache2.dll into server: The specified module could not be
found.

However, there is a php5apache2.dll in C:\PHP (although it's forward
slashes in httpd.conf).

So what's the deal? I've installed PHP on Apache maybe ten times and I
never had any problems until now.

Jun 14 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
6 Replies


P: n/a
Just found the explanation in an older topic.

I suppose it's time for a hysteric tirade. Hrrrhm...

DAMN THE 28 YEAR OLD LONG HAIRED VIRGIN PIMPLY PROGRAMMER DORKS WHO
COMPLICATE THINGS!!!! GET LAID ALREADY! MICROSOFT SHOULD CLOSE THE
APACHE FOUNDATION DOWN AND LOBBY CONGRESS TO BAN APACHE AND PHP AND TO
ALLOW ONLY IIS+ASP.NET!

I feel better, honestly! :)
snapco...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,
I downloaded PHP 5.1.4 and Apache 2.2.2 and tried to install on Windows
XP.

Apache works ok, but when I try to restart it with PHP enabled, I get
this message:
Syntax error on line 115 of httpd.conf: Cannot load
C:/PHP/php5apache2.dll into server: The specified module could not be
found.

However, there is a php5apache2.dll in C:\PHP (although it's forward
slashes in httpd.conf).

So what's the deal? I've installed PHP on Apache maybe ten times and I
never had any problems until now.


Jun 14 '06 #2

P: n/a
sn*******@gmail.com wrote:
Just found the explanation in an older topic.

I suppose it's time for a hysteric tirade. Hrrrhm...

DAMN THE 28 YEAR OLD LONG HAIRED VIRGIN PIMPLY PROGRAMMER DORKS WHO
COMPLICATE THINGS!!!! GET LAID ALREADY! MICROSOFT SHOULD CLOSE THE
APACHE FOUNDATION DOWN AND LOBBY CONGRESS TO BAN APACHE AND PHP AND TO
ALLOW ONLY IIS+ASP.NET!


Hee!
Be nice to me!
And I cut my hairs last week!

No, I WISH I coded Apache.
;-)

Seriously, your posting would make more sense if you described what went
wrong and how you solved it. Or a link to the place where it is described.

Regards,
Erwin Moller
Jun 14 '06 #3

P: n/a
Erwin Moller wrote:
Seriously, your posting would make more sense if you described what went
wrong and how you solved it. Or a link to the place where it is described.

Ok, the thing is latest Apache 2.2.2 doesn't support existing PHP5
versions. You're supposed to build something or whatever, but obviously
it can't be done by people who have sex regularly.

Anyway, if you want to use PHP, use it with the previous Apache version
(2.0.58).

Jun 14 '06 #4

P: n/a

<sn*******@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:11**********************@y41g2000cwy.googlegr oups.com...
Just found the explanation in an older topic.

I suppose it's time for a hysteric tirade. Hrrrhm...

DAMN THE 28 YEAR OLD LONG HAIRED VIRGIN PIMPLY PROGRAMMER DORKS WHO
COMPLICATE THINGS!!!! GET LAID ALREADY! MICROSOFT SHOULD CLOSE THE
APACHE FOUNDATION DOWN AND LOBBY CONGRESS TO BAN APACHE AND PHP AND TO
ALLOW ONLY IIS+ASP.NET!

I feel better, honestly! :)
snapco...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,
I downloaded PHP 5.1.4 and Apache 2.2.2 and tried to install on Windows
XP.

Apache works ok, but when I try to restart it with PHP enabled, I get
this message:
Syntax error on line 115 of httpd.conf: Cannot load
C:/PHP/php5apache2.dll into server: The specified module could not be
found.

However, there is a php5apache2.dll in C:\PHP (although it's forward
slashes in httpd.conf).

So what's the deal? I've installed PHP on Apache maybe ten times and I
never had any problems until now.

I had similar problem ; your solution may lie in getting the updated
php5apache2.dll courtesy of Steffan at http://www.apachelounge.com/download/
My installation of PHP5.1.4 and Apache2.2.2 on XP Pro SP2 runs quite happily
now.
Jun 15 '06 #5

P: 2
I had similar problem ; your solution may lie in getting the updated
php5apache2.dll courtesy of Steffan at http://www.apachelounge.com/download/
My installation of PHP5.1.4 and Apache2.2.2 on XP Pro SP2 runs quite happily
now.
I've got this problem also; my copy of php5apache2.dll is datestamped Thursday, May 04, 2006, 11:14:00 AM. The url you give is not working.

I can't get php to run in Apache. If I try it as a module with the following in httpd.conf:

LoadModule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
PHPIniDir "C:/php"

then Apache won't start.

If I try it as a CGI with

ScriptAlias php "C:/php/"
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php-cgi.exe"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Then I get various errors, depending on which of the three lines I enable. I followed (I think) the install directions closely, but I must be missing something. If you got it to work, what did you do?
Jun 16 '06 #6

P: 2
I've got this problem also; my copy of php5apache2.dll is datestamped Thursday, May 04, 2006, 11:14:00 AM. The url you give is not working....
Tried the url today and it was up. I was able to get the files and instructions and SUCCESS! It finally works. And PHP is even running as a module! Thanks!
Jun 16 '06 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.