467,915 Members | 1,165 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 467,915 developers. It's quick & easy.

Fatal error - Nesting too deep

Hi,

Here's a nice footer I get inside every php page I write in wwwroot on
my server. The code gets parsed just fine. I installed php5.2-win32
under W2K Server, IIS 5.0. I've installed php on XP machines before,
no problems there.

Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in Unknown
on line 0
Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(IF-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 0
in (none) Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At
line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (UCD-DEMO-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-TARGET-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(UCD-DLMOD-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-MPD-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMPv2-TM): At line 0 in (none)

Does anyone have experience with something like this?

Jun 6 '06 #1
  • viewed: 2669
Share:
12 Replies
Do you need/use the SNMP module for PHP? If not, I'd just go into your
php.ini file and turn it off (comment it out). It looks like it's
complaining about not being able to find it, but if you're not using
it, who cares?
TristaSD wrote:
Hi,

Here's a nice footer I get inside every php page I write in wwwroot on
my server. The code gets parsed just fine. I installed php5.2-win32
under W2K Server, IIS 5.0. I've installed php on XP machines before,
no problems there.

Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in Unknown
on line 0
Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(IF-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 0
in (none) Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At
line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (UCD-DEMO-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-TARGET-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(UCD-DLMOD-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-MPD-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMPv2-TM): At line 0 in (none)

Does anyone have experience with something like this?


Jun 6 '06 #2
Thanks. The bottom part of the footer is gone, but the "recursive"
error persists:

Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in Unknown
on line 0


ro*********@gmail.com wrote:
Do you need/use the SNMP module for PHP? If not, I'd just go into your
php.ini file and turn it off (comment it out). It looks like it's
complaining about not being able to find it, but if you're not using
it, who cares?
TristaSD wrote:
Hi,

Here's a nice footer I get inside every php page I write in wwwroot on
my server. The code gets parsed just fine. I installed php5.2-win32
under W2K Server, IIS 5.0. I've installed php on XP machines before,
no problems there.

Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in Unknown
on line 0
Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(IF-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 0
in (none) Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At
line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (UCD-DEMO-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-TARGET-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(UCD-DLMOD-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-MPD-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMPv2-TM): At line 0 in (none)

Does anyone have experience with something like this?


Jun 6 '06 #3
Any chance of you posting the code of the footer, or at least the first
20 lines or so?

I'm wondering if it is trying to include some other PHP file that has a
function that is the same as one defined in the main body of the
footer.

I'm a PHP beginner myself, so this may not be the case, but it's just a
suggestion, will be able to help more if you could post some code to
look at.

TristaSD wrote:
Thanks. The bottom part of the footer is gone, but the "recursive"
error persists:

Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in Unknown
on line 0


ro*********@gmail.com wrote:
Do you need/use the SNMP module for PHP? If not, I'd just go into your
php.ini file and turn it off (comment it out). It looks like it's
complaining about not being able to find it, but if you're not using
it, who cares?
TristaSD wrote:
Hi,

Here's a nice footer I get inside every php page I write in wwwroot on
my server. The code gets parsed just fine. I installed php5.2-win32
under W2K Server, IIS 5.0. I've installed php on XP machines before,
no problems there.

Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in Unknown
on line 0
Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(IF-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 0
in (none) Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At
line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (UCD-DEMO-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-TARGET-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(UCD-DLMOD-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-MPD-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMPv2-TM): At line 0 in (none)

Does anyone have experience with something like this?


Jun 6 '06 #4
This might well be a print_r() error message.

See if there is any debugging code looking at a complex object.
--
PETER FOX Not the same since the icecream business was liquidated
pe******@eminent.demon.co.uk.not.this.bit.no.html
2 Tees Close, Witham, Essex.
Gravity beer in Essex <http://www.eminent.demon.co.uk>
Jun 7 '06 #5
Here's my code:

<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>

<?
echo "Hello, world!";
?>

</body>
</html>

Here's my output:

Hello, world!
Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in Unknown
on line 0

Jun 7 '06 #6
I would change the code to the following and see what happens:

<HTML>
<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<?php
echo("Hello World!");
// need parentheses for echo() function
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Also, make sure the filename has the .php extension and not .html

Let me know if that works for you....

TristaSD wrote:
Here's my code:

<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>

<?
echo "Hello, world!";
?>

</body>
</html>

Here's my output:

Hello, world!
Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in Unknown
on line 0


Jun 8 '06 #7
Robert Iver wrote:
I would change the code to the following and see what happens:

<HTML>
<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<?php
echo("Hello World!");
// need parentheses for echo() function
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Also, make sure the filename has the .php extension and not .html

Let me know if that works for you....

TristaSD wrote:
Here's my code:

<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>

<?
echo "Hello, world!";
?>

</body>
</html>

Here's my output:

Hello, world!
Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in Unknown
on line 0


HTML tags are case-insensitive, so <html> is exactly the same as <HTML>. No
problem there.

And no, echo does not require parens.

This should work. Or, if the file is tagged .html instead of .php, he'd only
get the php code displayed. Obviously the php code is being executed, so that's
correct.

I'd check the php.ini file first, just to ensure that looks ok (does a phpinfo()
call work?). And disable all extensions you don't need for this test (that is,
probably ALL extensions). If it now works, re-enable them one at a time and see
which is causing the problem (stop/restart your server between tries - don't
just do a restart).

Then check the web server setup to ensure you're using the version you think
you're using.
--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Jun 12 '06 #8
"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.net> wrote:
HTML tags are case-insensitive, so <html> is exactly
the same as <HTML>. No problem there.


Well, if you want to write quirks mode HTML put them
all in upper case. If you want to write compliant XHTML
(no matter if you're using STRICT, TRANSITIONAL or
whatnot) make sure ALL tags are lowercase.

The validator doesn't validate <HTML> if you're using
XHTML or newer but does approve and validate <html>.

The point being that it's better to stick with the forward
thinking lowercase than it is to mess with quirks mode.

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the group.
Jun 12 '06 #9
Jim Carlock wrote:
"Jerry Stuckle" <js*******@attglobal.net> wrote:
HTML tags are case-insensitive, so <html> is exactly
the same as <HTML>. No problem there.

Well, if you want to write quirks mode HTML put them
all in upper case. If you want to write compliant XHTML
(no matter if you're using STRICT, TRANSITIONAL or
whatnot) make sure ALL tags are lowercase.

The validator doesn't validate <HTML> if you're using
XHTML or newer but does approve and validate <html>.

The point being that it's better to stick with the forward
thinking lowercase than it is to mess with quirks mode.


Upper case "html" is not quirks mode when running HTML.. By definition, HTML is
case insensitive, and the validator is correct in not flagging it.

And this is not XML or XHML - there is no DOCTYPE statement. So <HTML> is just
as valid as <html>.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Jun 13 '06 #10
TristaSD wrote:
in Unknown on line 0


That should be PHP problem, I don't sure.
Try reinstall PHP.

Jun 13 '06 #11

Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Robert Iver wrote:
I would change the code to the following and see what happens:

<HTML>
<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<?php
echo("Hello World!");
// need parentheses for echo() function
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Also, make sure the filename has the .php extension and not .html

Let me know if that works for you....

TristaSD wrote:
Here's my code:

<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>

<?
echo "Hello, world!";
?>

</body>
</html>

Here's my output:

Hello, world!
Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in Unknown
on line 0


HTML tags are case-insensitive, so <html> is exactly the same as <HTML>. No
problem there.

And no, echo does not require parens.

This should work. Or, if the file is tagged .html instead of .php, he'd only
get the php code displayed. Obviously the php code is being executed, so that's
correct.

I'd check the php.ini file first, just to ensure that looks ok (does a phpinfo()
call work?). And disable all extensions you don't need for this test (that is,
probably ALL extensions). If it now works, re-enable them one at a time and see
which is causing the problem (stop/restart your server between tries - don't
just do a restart).

Then check the web server setup to ensure you're using the version you think
you're using.
--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================


The main thing I was trying to change in my code was to change the <?
code delimiter to the <?php delimiter.

I didn't know whether the more generic <? delimiter would be read ad
function differently then the more php specific <?php one.

The HTML can be lowercase (in fact, it's probably better to keep
everything lowercase in case you want to convert the document to XHTML
at some point in the future).

Jun 13 '06 #12
Robert Iver wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Robert Iver wrote:
I would change the code to the following and see what happens:

<HTML>
<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<?php
echo("Hello World!");
// need parentheses for echo() function
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Also, make sure the filename has the .php extension and not .html

Let me know if that works for you....

TristaSD wrote:
Here's my code:

<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>

<?
echo "Hello, world!";
?>

</body>
</html>

Here's my output:

Hello, world!
Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in Unknown
on line 0

HTML tags are case-insensitive, so <html> is exactly the same as <HTML>. No
problem there.

And no, echo does not require parens.

This should work. Or, if the file is tagged .html instead of .php, he'd only
get the php code displayed. Obviously the php code is being executed, so that's
correct.

I'd check the php.ini file first, just to ensure that looks ok (does a phpinfo()
call work?). And disable all extensions you don't need for this test (that is,
probably ALL extensions). If it now works, re-enable them one at a time and see
which is causing the problem (stop/restart your server between tries - don't
just do a restart).

Then check the web server setup to ensure you're using the version you think
you're using.
--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================

The main thing I was trying to change in my code was to change the <?
code delimiter to the <?php delimiter.

I didn't know whether the more generic <? delimiter would be read ad
function differently then the more php specific <?php one.


It's possible - depending on what other extensions are parsing your file.
That's one reason it's frowned upon. But <?php shouldn't cause a problem.
The HTML can be lowercase (in fact, it's probably better to keep
everything lowercase in case you want to convert the document to XHTML
at some point in the future).


Yep.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
js*******@attglobal.net
==================
Jun 14 '06 #13

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

8 posts views Thread by Tim Tyler | last post: by
8 posts views Thread by Hardrock | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Jesper Stocholm | last post: by
1 post views Thread by DBC User | last post: by
11 posts views Thread by =?Utf-8?B?anAybXNmdA==?= | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.