468,256 Members | 1,410 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 468,256 developers. It's quick & easy.

PHPeclipse - strange behaviour

Hi,

I have troubles using PHPeclipse on only one workstation: On my laptop
it works fine, perfect.
On my other workstation: When I made an double click on the navigator on
the left hand side, then an new eclipse instance will start. I say "no"
in the opening message box what is asking for an new workspace, then the
file is now in the edit-main-window.
But not always. Sometimes. Irritating.

As I mentioned before, this is an behaviour just in the workstation, not
on the other computer I have.

PHPeclipse is (when I have solved that issue) the best development
platform I ever had for PHP developments. Maybe others had solved that
issue.

Thx - Robert
May 29 '06 #1
4 1272
Robert Miller wrote:
Hi,

I have troubles using PHPeclipse on only one workstation: On my laptop
it works fine, perfect.
On my other workstation: When I made an double click on the navigator on
the left hand side, then an new eclipse instance will start. I say "no"
in the opening message box what is asking for an new workspace, then the
file is now in the edit-main-window.
But not always. Sometimes. Irritating.

As I mentioned before, this is an behaviour just in the workstation, not
on the other computer I have.

PHPeclipse is (when I have solved that issue) the best development
platform I ever had for PHP developments. Maybe others had solved that
issue.

Thx - Robert


Hi Robert,

I used PHPeclipse for some time, mainly because I used Eclipse when I was
coding Java before, but I quited with it. It is slow, has many bugs, some
are just surfacing without any (appearant) reason.
The logfiles will often contain some error, but as usual with Java, quite
cryptic.
So I posted a message here some time back, asking people for their favorite
IDE for PHP, and got many responses. I tried a few and like PHPDeveloper
the best (for W$-machines that is).
So I switched to PHPdeveloper. It is simple, but has excactly a set of
features I need. Many filebrowser, syntaxhighlighting and API-intergration.
If you have the same feeling as I had before switching (AARGH!! I do not
want to change IDE, it will take ages for me to get used to it), believe
me: I was up and running within the hour.

If you want it, google for it.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

PS: Oh, I don't know what is causing your problem in Eclipse. ;-)
May 30 '06 #2
Erwin Moller schrieb:
Hi Robert,

I used PHPeclipse for some time, mainly because I used Eclipse when I was
coding Java before, but I quited with it. It is slow, has many bugs, some
are just surfacing without any (appearant) reason.
The logfiles will often contain some error, but as usual with Java, quite
cryptic.
So I posted a message here some time back, asking people for their favorite
IDE for PHP, and got many responses. I tried a few and like PHPDeveloper
the best (for W$-machines that is).
So I switched to PHPdeveloper. It is simple, but has excactly a set of
features I need. Many filebrowser, syntaxhighlighting and API-intergration.
If you have the same feeling as I had before switching (AARGH!! I do not
want to change IDE, it will take ages for me to get used to it), believe
me: I was up and running within the hour.

If you want it, google for it.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

PS: Oh, I don't know what is causing your problem in Eclipse. ;-)


I have googled for PHPdeveloper but nothing found. Some other IDE´s like
PHPedit. There is an www.phpdeveloper.org, but not that what I looked
for. Have you the download link ready?

Robert

May 30 '06 #3
Robert Miller wrote:

<snip>
I have googled for PHPdeveloper but nothing found. Some other IDE´s like
PHPedit. There is an www.phpdeveloper.org, but not that what I looked
for. Have you the download link ready?
Hi Robert,

That is because I am an idiot.
I ment PHP Designer.
Excuse me.
(Erwin slaps himself with a large trout.)

You can find it here:
http://www.mpsoftware.dk

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Robert


May 30 '06 #4
Erwin Moller schrieb:
Robert Miller wrote:

<snip>
I have googled for PHPdeveloper but nothing found. Some other IDE´s like
PHPedit. There is an www.phpdeveloper.org, but not that what I looked
for. Have you the download link ready?

Hi Robert,

That is because I am an idiot.
I ment PHP Designer.
Excuse me.
(Erwin slaps himself with a large trout.)

You can find it here:
http://www.mpsoftware.dk

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Robert


Thanks a lot! .-)

Robert
May 30 '06 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

reply views Thread by Generale Cluster | last post: by
reply views Thread by Job Kelderman | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Paul Drummond | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by Sebastian C. | last post: by
reply views Thread by Paul Dodowa | last post: by
reply views Thread by Joseph S. | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Christoph Burschka | last post: by
8 posts views Thread by Dox33 | last post: by
reply views Thread by kermitthefrogpy | last post: by
reply views Thread by zattat | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.