470,874 Members | 1,486 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 470,874 developers. It's quick & easy.

Yahoo and PHP mail()

I recently signed up for a yahoo small business account and am having a
heck of a time getting mail() to work. My script returns the thank you
and apperas to run through but no mail is recieved and the error log is
spitting out error: unknown. Any ideas? I have reduced it down to just
trying to get a mail to go through. And so far Yahoo! has been
absolutely no help at all, just lied to me several times.

Thank you very much.

Lildog

<?php
ini_set ("sendmail_from","yo*********@somewhere.com");
$to = "yo*********@somewhere.com";
$youremail = "yo*********@somewhere.com";
$mailheaders = "From: $youremail\r\n";
$subject = "Your comments";
$strMessageBody =" testing this thing.";
mail($to, $subject, $strMessageBody, $mailheaders);
echo "<h2>Thank you</h2>";
phpinfo();
?>
Mar 16 '06 #1
3 1672
NC
Lildog wrote:

I recently signed up for a yahoo small business account
and am having a heck of a time getting mail() to work.
My script returns the thank you and apperas to run through
but no mail is recieved and the error log is spitting out
error: unknown. Any ideas?


Two, as a matter of fact:

1. Did you enable mailing from your Web Hosting Control
Panel?
2. What is the sender's address? Yahoo! requires it to be
in the domain name you're hosting.

For more information, see here:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/webhos...hp/php-17.html
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/webhos...hp/php-28.html

Cheers,
NC

Mar 16 '06 #2
Yes I did enable it, I believe. All it asked me for was a from address
in my domain,and the email is in my new domain. Yahoo sent me a canned
email that they were looking into it, but that was 48hrs ago.
Does the script look correct?

In article <11*********************@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>, NC
<nc@iname.com> wrote:
Lildog wrote:

I recently signed up for a yahoo small business account
and am having a heck of a time getting mail() to work.
My script returns the thank you and apperas to run through
but no mail is recieved and the error log is spitting out
error: unknown. Any ideas?


Two, as a matter of fact:

1. Did you enable mailing from your Web Hosting Control
Panel?
2. What is the sender's address? Yahoo! requires it to be
in the domain name you're hosting.

For more information, see here:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/webhos...hp/php-17.html
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/webhos...hp/php-28.html

Cheers,
NC

Mar 16 '06 #3
Lildog wrote:
Yes I did enable it, I believe. All it asked me for was a from address
in my domain,and the email is in my new domain. Yahoo sent me a canned
email that they were looking into it, but that was 48hrs ago.
Does the script look correct?


Yes. Check your Bulk Mail folder.
Mar 17 '06 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

6 posts views Thread by Travis | last post: by
11 posts views Thread by Brett | last post: by
6 posts views Thread by erdem kemer | last post: by
7 posts views Thread by Mahesh Devjibhai Dhola | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.