By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
449,315 Members | 1,661 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 449,315 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

(Second try) I installed PHP from an RPM, but Apache isn't processingthe PHP pages! What's going on?

P: n/a
I did a mistake with the files name (http.conf ==> httpd.conf). See at
the end.
================================================== =============================
I installed PHP from an RPM, but Apache isn't processing the PHP pages!
What's going on here?
Somebody can help me ? If I do /usr/sbin/apachectl extendedstatus
command, I got this.
================================================== =============================

* * *

Apache Server Status for noname.com

Server Version: Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/2.0.44 (Mandrake
Linux/11mdk) mod_perl/1.99_08 Perl/v5.8.0 mod_ssl/2.0.44
OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP/4.3.1

Server Built: Mar 4 2003 21:21:03
__________________________________________________ _______________

Current Time: dimanche, 21-sep-2003 21:56:22 EDT
Restart Time: dimanche, 21-sep-2003 19:13:15 EDT
Parent Server Generation: 0
Server uptime: 2 hours 43 minutes 6 seconds
1 requests currently being processed, 5 idle workers

__W___............................................ ..............
.................................................. ...............
.................................................. ...............
.................................................. ...............

Scoreboard Key:
"_" Waiting for Connection, "S" Starting up, "R" Reading Request,
"W" Sending Reply, "K" Keepalive (read), "D" DNS Lookup,
"C" Closing connection, "L" Logging, "G" Gracefully finishing,
"I" Idle cleanup of worker, "." Open slot with no current process

################################################## ############################
Apache Server Status for noname.com

Server Version: Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.27 (Mandrake
Linux/5mdk) mod_perl/1.27
Server Built: Feb 19 2003 22:32:42
__________________________________________________ _______________

Current Time: dimanche, 21-sep-2003 21:56:22 EDT
Restart Time: dimanche, 21-sep-2003 19:13:09 EDT
Parent Server Generation: 0
Server uptime: 2 hours 43 minutes 13 seconds
1 requests currently being processed, 3 idle servers
_W__.............................................. ..............
.................................................. ...............
.................................................. ...............
.................................................. ...............

Scoreboard Key:
"_" Waiting for Connection, "S" Starting up, "R" Reading Request,
"W" Sending Reply, "K" Keepalive (read), "D" DNS Lookup,
"L" Logging, "G" Gracefully finishing, "." Open slot with no current
process

################################################## ############################

* * *
================================================== =============================
Into my httpd.conf, I have that
================================================== =============================
#<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache2-extramodules-2.0.44/mod_php4.so
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache-extramodules/libphp4.so

#</IfDefine>

....

#<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
</IfDefine>
#<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
AddModule mod_php.c
AddModule mod_php3.c
AddModule mod_php4.c

#</IfDefine>

....

AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4
AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

I tried
/usr/sbin/apachectl restart and /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart commande
but when I open php info page (<?Php phpinfo(); ?>) is not working. I
install rpm from Mandrake disk 2.

I noticed than I got httpd2.conf file into the same directory than
httpd.conf. If I take off httpd2.conf file, I get a error message. But
If I do the same thing with httpd.conf I get nothing (no error
message).I have no http.conf.

Probably a bad configuration but I am a newbies...

Thanks

Jean-Louis

P.S. If possible sent me your answer at jl****@sympatico.ca

Jul 17 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
Jean-Louis Vill wrote:
I tried
/usr/sbin/apachectl restart and /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart commande
but when I open php info page (<?Php phpinfo(); ?>) is not working. I
install rpm from Mandrake disk 2.

I noticed than I got httpd2.conf file into the same directory than
httpd.conf. If I take off httpd2.conf file, I get a error message. But
If I do the same thing with httpd.conf I get nothing (no error
message).I have no http.conf.

httpd2.conf is correct. I don't know why Mandrake does this, but that's
how it is on my system and it works fine.


--
Sugapablo
------------------------------------
http://www.sugapablo.com <--music
http://www.sugapablo.net <--personal

Jul 17 '05 #2

P: n/a
Sugapablo wrote:
Jean-Louis Vill wrote:
I tried
/usr/sbin/apachectl restart and /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart
commande but when I open php info page (<?Php phpinfo(); ?>) is not
working. I install rpm from Mandrake disk 2.

I noticed than I got httpd2.conf file into the same directory than
httpd.conf. If I take off httpd2.conf file, I get a error message. But
If I do the same thing with httpd.conf I get nothing (no error
message).I have no http.conf.


httpd2.conf is correct. I don't know why Mandrake does this, but that's
how it is on my system and it works fine.

Hi Sugapablo,
Ok, I know that httpd2.conf is used by Apache, but I
try to put this lines :

LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache2-extramodules-2.0.44/mod_php4.so
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache-extramodules/libphp4.so

AddModule mod_php.c
AddModule mod_php3.c
AddModule mod_php4.c

I got errors. Have you this line into your httpd2.conf ?

Jul 17 '05 #3

P: n/a
EurÍka!
I didn't know that I should put my Php page in the server directory
(/www/http).

It's working!

Bye guys!

JL
Jean-Louis Vill wrote:
Sugapablo wrote:
Jean-Louis Vill wrote:
I tried
/usr/sbin/apachectl restart and /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart
commande but when I open php info page (<?Php phpinfo(); ?>) is not
working. I install rpm from Mandrake disk 2.

I noticed than I got httpd2.conf file into the same directory than
httpd.conf. If I take off httpd2.conf file, I get a error message.
But If I do the same thing with httpd.conf I get nothing (no error
message).I have no http.conf.



httpd2.conf is correct. I don't know why Mandrake does this, but
that's how it is on my system and it works fine.

Hi Sugapablo,
Ok, I know that httpd2.conf is used by Apache, but I
try to put this lines :

LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache2-extramodules-2.0.44/mod_php4.so
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache-extramodules/libphp4.so

AddModule mod_php.c
AddModule mod_php3.c
AddModule mod_php4.c

I got errors. Have you this line into your httpd2.conf ?


Jul 17 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.