473,387 Members | 1,592 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,387 software developers and data experts.

setting up extension_dir

How do I set up the extension_dir in windows to point to "c:\php\ext"? I've
tried almost everything.
Jul 17 '05 #1
9 45910
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:15:08 -0800, "Michael Bradley-Robbins"
<mi*****@bradley-robbins.net> wrote:
How do I set up the extension_dir in windows to point to "c:\php\ext"? I've
tried almost everything.


extension_dir="c:\php\ext"

... in the php.ini that PHP is reading.

--
Andy Hassall / <an**@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk>
<http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool
Jul 17 '05 #2
Michael Bradley-Robbins wrote:
How do I set up the extension_dir in windows to point to "c:\php\ext"? I've
tried almost everything.


Open php.ini and write

extension_dir = c:/php/ext/

Save.

Matthias
Jul 17 '05 #3
I did that, and now, when I start apache, it gives an error message saying:
"PHP startup: unable to load dinamic binary 'c:/php/ext\php_mysqli.dll' -
the specified procedure could not be found" Now what do I do?
"Matthias Esken" <mu******************@usenetverwaltung.org> wrote in
message news:ct**********@usenet.esken.de...
Michael Bradley-Robbins wrote:
How do I set up the extension_dir in windows to point to "c:\php\ext"?
I've
tried almost everything.


Open php.ini and write

extension_dir = c:/php/ext/

Save.

Matthias

Jul 17 '05 #4
Michael Bradley-Robbins wrote:
I did that, and now, when I start apache, it gives an error message saying:
"PHP startup: unable to load dinamic binary 'c:/php/ext\php_mysqli.dll' -
the specified procedure could not be found" Now what do I do?


It seems, that php_mysqli.dll is missing something. Where is the
libmysql.dll located?

Matthias
Jul 17 '05 #5
On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 07:25:36 -0800, "Michael Bradley-Robbins"
<mi*****@bradley-robbins.net> wrote:

[ Don't top-post ]
"Matthias Esken" <mu******************@usenetverwaltung.org> wrote in
message news:ct**********@usenet.esken.de...
Michael Bradley-Robbins wrote:
How do I set up the extension_dir in windows to point to "c:\php\ext"?
I've
tried almost everything.


Open php.ini and write

extension_dir = c:/php/ext/

Save.


I did that, and now, when I start apache, it gives an error message saying:
"PHP startup: unable to load dinamic binary 'c:/php/ext\php_mysqli.dll' -
the specified procedure could not be found" Now what do I do?


What does it _actually_ say? "dinamic binary" doesn't make sense. Did it
actually say "dynamic library"?

If so, you don't have the directory containing libmysqli.dll (PHP 5.0.2 and
earlier) or libmysql.dll (PHP 5.0.3) on your PATH environment variable, since
the mysqli PHP extension needs a mysqli client library to work. Change PATH to
include c:\php - as the PHP 5 zip distribution comes with the required DLL.

--
Andy Hassall / <an**@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk>
<http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool
Jul 17 '05 #6
oops. it did say "dinamic library"
"Andy Hassall" <an**@andyh.co.uk> wrote in message
news:ab********************************@4ax.com...
On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 07:25:36 -0800, "Michael Bradley-Robbins"
<mi*****@bradley-robbins.net> wrote:

[ Don't top-post ]
"Matthias Esken" <mu******************@usenetverwaltung.org> wrote in
message news:ct**********@usenet.esken.de...
Michael Bradley-Robbins wrote:

How do I set up the extension_dir in windows to point to "c:\php\ext"?
I've
tried almost everything.

Open php.ini and write

extension_dir = c:/php/ext/

Save.


I did that, and now, when I start apache, it gives an error message
saying:
"PHP startup: unable to load dinamic binary 'c:/php/ext\php_mysqli.dll' -
the specified procedure could not be found" Now what do I do?


What does it _actually_ say? "dinamic binary" doesn't make sense. Did it
actually say "dynamic library"?

If so, you don't have the directory containing libmysqli.dll (PHP 5.0.2
and
earlier) or libmysql.dll (PHP 5.0.3) on your PATH environment variable,
since
the mysqli PHP extension needs a mysqli client library to work. Change
PATH to
include c:\php - as the PHP 5 zip distribution comes with the required
DLL.

--
Andy Hassall / <an**@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk>
<http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool

Jul 17 '05 #7
libmysql.dll is located in c:\php

"Matthias Esken" <mu******************@usenetverwaltung.org> wrote in
message news:cu**********@usenet.esken.de...
Michael Bradley-Robbins wrote:
I did that, and now, when I start apache, it gives an error message
saying:
"PHP startup: unable to load dinamic binary 'c:/php/ext\php_mysqli.dll' -
the specified procedure could not be found" Now what do I do?


It seems, that php_mysqli.dll is missing something. Where is the
libmysql.dll located?

Matthias

Jul 17 '05 #8
Michael Bradley-Robbins wrote:
libmysql.dll is located in c:\php


Then C:\php might not be in the systems search path for executables.
Either add C:\php to the PATH or copy libmysql.dll to the System32
directory.

Regards,
Matthias
Jul 17 '05 #9
That worked. I guess there's something wrong with my PATH. Thanks a million.

"Matthias Esken" <mu******************@usenetverwaltung.org> wrote in
message news:cu**********@usenet.esken.de...
Michael Bradley-Robbins wrote:
libmysql.dll is located in c:\php


Then C:\php might not be in the systems search path for executables.
Either add C:\php to the PATH or copy libmysql.dll to the System32
directory.

Regards,
Matthias

Jul 17 '05 #10

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

14
by: John | last post by:
Hi. I am just in the very early stages of learning Php and just need a little help. I have a form which includes values. However when I test it, the values are not added up and carried to...
2
by: James | last post by:
I figured I would drop this out here for comment and general info. PHP 5.0.3 on Windows 2000 SP4 / IIS running as ISAPI. You cannot seem to change the "extension_dir" value via the php.ini file...
6
by: Damien | last post by:
Dear All, I'm having LOTS of troubles setting the extensions directory under windows. On my "testing" server (windows XP, IIS), I could set the directory to : extension_dir = ./extensions/ ...
18
by: Dixie | last post by:
Can I set the Format property in a date/time field in code? Can I set the Input Mask in a date/time field in code? Can I set the Format of a Yes/No field to Checkbox in code? I am working on...
2
by: junlia | last post by:
Hi All, I am working on a project that acts as a bridge. It does some checking with post xml data, and then redirects the request to an appropriate page. However, we find that depends on the...
3
by: Chris Paul | last post by:
I'm having trouble with PHP & PostgreSQL/OpenLDAP/Apache on Windows. I've set this up countless times on BSD (piece of cake) but I'm trying to do this on Windows now so that my developer can work...
8
by: kevin.baert | last post by:
Hi I'm using PHP 4.3.1 on IIS6 and I'm trying to get GD2 to work ... I've modified PHP.ini (extension_dir= c:\php\extension + removed the ;) but the only result is that php refuses to work after...
0
by: Notgiven | last post by:
I need to add aspell capability to php. I added the following line: extension=libaspell.so The extension directory is: extension_dir = /usr/local/apache2/libexec/modules and I put the...
1
by: laredotornado | last post by:
Hi, I'm using PHP 4.4.4 on Apache 2 on Fedora Core 5. PHP was installed using Apache's apxs and the php library was installed to /usr/local/php. However, when I set my "error_reporting"...
0
by: taylorcarr | last post by:
A Canon printer is a smart device known for being advanced, efficient, and reliable. It is designed for home, office, and hybrid workspace use and can also be used for a variety of purposes. However,...
0
by: aa123db | last post by:
Variable and constants Use var or let for variables and const fror constants. Var foo ='bar'; Let foo ='bar';const baz ='bar'; Functions function $name$ ($parameters$) { } ...
0
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
0
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
1
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
0
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
0
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
0
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
0
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.