473,847 Members | 1,479 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Database lookup

Could someone direct me to a site that would help me with the following:

Have database setup and loaded. Want to create web page that will use
database to do lookup of database on screen and allow selection of
field. Ie... lookup council member in lookup window, select and have
proper/correct committees councilperson belongs to appear.

TIA
Sep 20 '06 #1
4 1230
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:59:57 +0000, someone wrote:
Could someone direct me to a site that would help me with the following:

Have database setup and loaded. Want to create web page that will use
database to do lookup of database on screen and allow selection of
field. Ie... lookup council member in lookup window, select and have
proper/correct committees councilperson belongs to appear.

TIA
Sure: www.google.com

You're asking a very wide variety of questions about a plethora of
technologies.

What platform?
What webserver?
Which database?
Sep 20 '06 #2
Well, I thought the platform did not really matter using PHP. The web
server, kinda thought the same thing however apache would be the server
on the stack and same with database but if pushed, for now MYSQL.

The crux to the question seems to me to be PHP based with HTML.

Ivan Marsh wrote:
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:59:57 +0000, someone wrote:

>>Could someone direct me to a site that would help me with the following:

Have database setup and loaded. Want to create web page that will use
database to do lookup of database on screen and allow selection of
field. Ie... lookup council member in lookup window, select and have
proper/correct committees councilperson belongs to appear.

TIA


Sure: www.google.com

You're asking a very wide variety of questions about a plethora of
technologies.

What platform?
What webserver?
Which database?

Sep 20 '06 #3
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:41:23 +0000, someone wrote:
Ivan Marsh wrote:
>On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:59:57 +0000, someone wrote:
>>>Could someone direct me to a site that would help me with the
following:

Have database setup and loaded. Want to create web page that will use
database to do lookup of database on screen and allow selection of
field. Ie... lookup council member in lookup window, select and have
proper/correct committees councilperson belongs to appear.

TIA

Sure: www.google.com

You're asking a very wide variety of questions about a plethora of
technologies .

What platform?
What webserver?
Which database?
Well, I thought the platform did not really matter using PHP. The web
server, kinda thought the same thing however apache would be the server
on the stack and same with database but if pushed, for now MYSQL.

The crux to the question seems to me to be PHP based with HTML.
The question didn't sound like you had any of that decided or set up yet.

Good place to start:
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/...dws/index.html

Please don't top post.
Sep 21 '06 #4
thanks

Ivan Marsh wrote:
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:41:23 +0000, someone wrote:

>>Ivan Marsh wrote:
>>>On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:59:57 +0000, someone wrote:
Could someone direct me to a site that would help me with the
following :

Have database setup and loaded. Want to create web page that will use
database to do lookup of database on screen and allow selection of
field. Ie... lookup council member in lookup window, select and have
proper/correct committees councilperson belongs to appear.

TIA

Sure: www.google.com

You're asking a very wide variety of questions about a plethora of
technologies .

What platform?
What webserver?
Which database?

Well, I thought the platform did not really matter using PHP. The web
server, kinda thought the same thing however apache would be the server
on the stack and same with database but if pushed, for now MYSQL.

The crux to the question seems to me to be PHP based with HTML.


The question didn't sound like you had any of that decided or set up yet.

Good place to start:
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/...dws/index.html

Please don't top post.
Sep 21 '06 #5

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

3
1354
by: Jon Glazer | last post by:
I was looking for thoughts on having a piece of a web page updated when a button or drop down is selected. The update would have to be via the results of a database lookup/query. Any ideas on this? I am thinking of having to do it through javascript/asp mixture but unsure. What are your thoughts? As an example, say you have a drop down of, say, 100 names to choose. When the person chooses a name, a query is fired and the person's...
2
3255
by: Eric Linders | last post by:
Hi everyone. :-) Our site gets a ton of traffic on our contact forms, which collect the standard information (name, address, city, state, zip, home phone, etc.) The form validation is done with PHP. To eliminate (or at least deter) people wasting time submitting phony information, we can compare the state to the zip code (one DB table) and the zip code to the area code (another table in same DB).
1
3111
by: James E | last post by:
I have a question about best practices of how to deal with lookup data from my C# apps. On a couple of occasions I have come across a problem where I have to automate inserting a record into a table that has a foreign key constraint that is linked to a lookup table. E.g. Take the following database structure: SQL-Server Database: Table 1:
3
10684
by: google | last post by:
I have a database with four table. In one of the tables, I use about five lookup fields to get populate their dropdown list. I have read that lookup fields are really bad and may cause problems that are hard to find. The main problem I am having right now is that I have a report that is sorted by one of these lookup fields and it only displays the record's ID number. When I add the source table to the query it makes several records...
4
4624
by: jon f kaminsky | last post by:
Hi- I've seen this problem discussed a jillion times but I cannot seem to implement any advice that makes it work. I am porting a large project from VB6 to .NET. The issue is using the combo box bound to a table as a lookup, drawing values from another table to populate the available selections. This all worked fine in VB6. I have distilled the problem down to a simple form drawing data from the Northwind database for a representative...
5
4037
by: MarkusR | last post by:
(VS2005/C#/MSSQL) I am looking for a very efficient way to do a database lookup. I am reading 1 to many files in a given directory. I then look up the information based on the filename into a SQL Server database. There might be currently only 5 files in my directory but my table may have 500,000+ records. I do not want to cache the data locally, of course. The following method is too slow:
7
3013
by: | last post by:
I have what's probably a simple page lifecycle question related to dynamically evaluating values that are placed by a repeater and dynmically placing user controls that use those values. I'm attempting to bind a user control I've written, "ImageBox", to a repeater. The user control takes a custom property, "ContentID", that will execute a database lookup and load an image.
3
2855
by: Ken Fine | last post by:
This is a question that someone familiar with ASP.NET and ADO.NET DataSets and DataTables should be able to answer fairly easily. The basic question is how I can efficiently match data from one dataset to data in a second dataset, using a common key. I will first describe the problem in words and then I will show my code, which has most of the solution done already. I have built an ASP.NET that queries an Index Server and returns a...
9
22364
by: Lysander | last post by:
Multi-Lingual Access Databases Summary. I have been asked many times to produce databases that can be used with different languages, such as English, French, Portuguese, German, Norwegian etc. I have developed a system for this which I will share with you now. This system will allow all your forms, reports, in-code messages etc to be presented in the language of the user’s choice.
0
9892
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main usage, and What is the difference between ONU and Router. Let’s take a closer look ! Part I. Meaning of...
0
9734
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can effortlessly switch the default language on Windows 10 without reinstalling. I'll walk you through it. First, let's disable language synchronization. With a Microsoft account, language settings sync across devices. To prevent any complications,...
1
10718
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For most users, this new feature is actually very convenient. If you want to control the update process,...
0
9490
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then launch it, all on its own.... Now, this would greatly impact the work of software developers. The idea...
1
7888
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes instead of User Defined Types (UDT). For example, to manage the data in unbound forms. Adolph will...
0
7061
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert into image. Globals.ThisAddIn.Application.ActiveDocument.Select();...
0
5725
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The last exercise I practiced was to create a LAN-to-LAN VPN between two Pfsense firewalls, by using IPSEC protocols. I succeeded, with both firewalls in the same network. But I'm wondering if it's possible to do the same thing, with 2 Pfsense firewalls...
1
4540
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
3
3168
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating effective websites that not only look great but also perform exceptionally well. In this comprehensive...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.