469,350 Members | 1,829 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,350 developers. It's quick & easy.

Formmail.pl - Sendmail vs. Smtp

I am setting up a web site for a friend. Her hosting service does not
support Sendmail. It is an NT server. They recommend I use Smtp. I have
been using something like formmail.pl when I have been helping friends set
up their web sites. Does anyone know of a perl script that works like
formmail.pl, but uses Smtp. Thanks.
Jul 19 '05 #1
4 7568
Hmmm... wrote:
I am setting up a web site for a friend. Her hosting service does
not support Sendmail. It is an NT server. They recommend I use
Smtp. I have been using something like formmail.pl when I have
been helping friends set up their web sites. Does anyone know of a
perl script that works like formmail.pl, but uses Smtp.


See reply in comp.lang.perl.misc. This group is defunct.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Email: http://www.gunnar.cc/cgi-bin/contact.pl
Jul 19 '05 #2
Hmmm... wrote:
I am setting up a web site for a friend. Her hosting service does not
support Sendmail. It is an NT server. They recommend I use Smtp. I have
been using something like formmail.pl when I have been helping friends set
up their web sites. Does anyone know of a perl script that works like
formmail.pl, but uses Smtp. Thanks.


If these are really your friends, and you are really trying to help
them, then DON'T use formmail.pl to process their mail. Just DON'T.
Especially if it's Matt Wright's formmail.pl.

Write a real (secure) script that uses Net::SMTP or the many other variants.

-ceo
Jul 19 '05 #3
Chris <ce*@nospan.on.net> wrote:
If these are really your friends, and you are really trying to help
them, then DON'T use formmail.pl to process their mail. Just DON'T.
Especially if it's Matt Wright's formmail.pl. Write a real (secure) script that uses Net::SMTP or the many other variants.


If they don't know (or understand) what's wrong with formmail.pl then
the chances are that if they roll their own, they'll repeat all the
mistakes anyway. Use the nms scripts at sourceforge instead.

Chris
Jul 19 '05 #4
ch**********@roaima.co.uk wrote:
Chris <ce*@nospan.on.net> wrote:
If these are really your friends, and you are really trying to help
them, then DON'T use formmail.pl to process their mail. Just DON'T.
Especially if it's Matt Wright's formmail.pl.


Write a real (secure) script that uses Net::SMTP or the many other variants.

If they don't know (or understand) what's wrong with formmail.pl then
the chances are that if they roll their own, they'll repeat all the
mistakes anyway. Use the nms scripts at sourceforge instead.


A very good point.

-ceo
Jul 19 '05 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

reply views Thread by Craig | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Gaz | last post: by
9 posts views Thread by EdWhyatt | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by John Draper | last post: by
1 post views Thread by willmore | last post: by
11 posts views Thread by Taras_96 | last post: by
jhoborg
2 posts views Thread by jhoborg | last post: by
1 post views Thread by CARIGAR | last post: by
reply views Thread by zhoujie | last post: by
reply views Thread by suresh191 | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Marylou17 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.