473,394 Members | 1,869 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,394 software developers and data experts.

Change the default folder when opening documents

I have a user who stores her documents on a different drive and when she
attempts to open documents it auto defaults to My Documents instead of her
other drive. Is there a way to change the default for her?
Jun 27 '08 #1
3 1587
What code are you using to open documents?
--
Browse http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ and vote.
http://www.peterRitchie.com/blog/
Microsoft MVP, Visual Developer - Visual C#
"Liela" wrote:
I have a user who stores her documents on a different drive and when she
attempts to open documents it auto defaults to My Documents instead of her
other drive. Is there a way to change the default for her?
Jun 27 '08 #2
Hi Peter,

The user would like to have her drive be the default when opening Adobe
documents instead of My documents. She is using Windows XP SP2.

"Peter Ritchie [C# MVP]" wrote:
What code are you using to open documents?
--
Browse http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ and vote.
http://www.peterRitchie.com/blog/
Microsoft MVP, Visual Developer - Visual C#
"Liela" wrote:
I have a user who stores her documents on a different drive and when she
attempts to open documents it auto defaults to My Documents instead of her
other drive. Is there a way to change the default for her?
Jun 27 '08 #3
This forum is for discussing software development in .NET.

Normally, Windows keeps track of the last-opened folder in the File
open/save dialogs per application. I don't know what Adobe is doing to open
documents, it may be that what they've done has circumvented this feature of
Windows. In any case, this is off-topic for this forum and is likely more
appropriate for an Adobe forum like
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbeda8b/ (assuming "Adobe document"
means an Acrobat document).

--
Browse http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ and vote.
http://www.peterRitchie.com/blog/
Microsoft MVP, Visual Developer - Visual C#
"Liela" wrote:
Hi Peter,

The user would like to have her drive be the default when opening Adobe
documents instead of My documents. She is using Windows XP SP2.

"Peter Ritchie [C# MVP]" wrote:
What code are you using to open documents?
--
Browse http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ and vote.
http://www.peterRitchie.com/blog/
Microsoft MVP, Visual Developer - Visual C#
"Liela" wrote:
I have a user who stores her documents on a different drive and when she
attempts to open documents it auto defaults to My Documents instead of her
other drive. Is there a way to change the default for her?
Jun 27 '08 #4

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

0
by: John Caruthers | last post by:
HELP! This problem is driving me crazy. All other web sites that are being served out through this server are working, including sites and virtual directories that are under the Default Web...
1
by: Nekit | last post by:
Hello all. I have created an httpHandler to redirect requests to some files from other places. For this handler to be called for all files I've added Application mapping in the IIS with...
0
by: Brent | last post by:
I am wrinting an application that copies a folder to a different location. I need to change all the files that are read only to have all privliges in the copied folder. I already figured out how...
4
by: Pieter | last post by:
Hi, From my VB.NET 2005 application I need to be able to open Files an Directory's with their default application: - A word-doc must open in word - A excell-document in Excel etc - in case...
4
by: bobdydd | last post by:
Hi Everybody Is there any way to avoid a Visual Studio 2005 Folder from continually reappearing in "My Documents" folder after I have changed the project/ soloution paths to a different folder...
2
by: Phaiz | last post by:
Not sure if you'd need an activex control but I'm looking for a script to change the folder view to "Classic View" within IE. I have an iframe that loads the users My Documents folder and would...
3
by: evenlater | last post by:
I have an Access application on a terminal server. Sometimes my users need to export reports to pdf, rtf or xls files and save them to their own client device hard drives. They can do that right...
8
by: Mateusz Viste | last post by:
Hi, I'm not sure if my question is really related to JavaScript, so please excuse me if that's not the case (and maybe you guys would have an idea what's the cause is and where could I ask)... ...
1
by: Simon van Beek | last post by:
Dear reader, Under | Tools | Options | the form Options will open. Under the tab you find the field "Default database folder". By opening the form this field shows on my pc I:\. I can't...
0
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
0
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
0
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
0
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
1
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
0
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
0
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
0
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
0
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.