By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
446,364 Members | 1,493 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 446,364 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

windows Vista Media center, About TV Guide

P: n/a
I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the guide.. Its
saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else.. I've double
check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one.. Can't
figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products, and that
version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one on windows
media is not correct..

Thanks for the help
Mar 30 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
12 Replies


P: n/a
This is not a newsgroup for general Windows quesitons, it is a newsgroup
form programming applications using Microsoft .NET. Try a Windows
newsgroup.

"Cannodal19" <Ca********@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
news:91**********************************@microsof t.com...
I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the guide.. Its
saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else.. I've
double
check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one.. Can't
figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products, and that
version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one on
windows
media is not correct..

Thanks for the help

Mar 31 '07 #2

P: n/a
I really shouldn't matter.. I had no clue where to put it, thought general
discussion was a good place.. Can anyone help me or I'm I just gonna get
these no helpfull response's..

"Cannodal19" wrote:
I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the guide.. Its
saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else.. I've double
check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one.. Can't
figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products, and that
version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one on windows
media is not correct..

Thanks for the help
Apr 1 '07 #3

P: n/a
Of course it matters! You are in the wrong place for this question.

This newsgroup is NOT for general windows discussions. It is for general
questions about programming applications using Microsoft's .NET programming
environment. Your reply is like saying that it shouldn't matter that you
are in a pet store, you just want a haircut!

We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many people
don't know what "dotnet" is) and we need to keep this group focused on what
it is for. Just try posting in a Windows newsgroup (usually at the bottom
of the newsgroup lists).


"Cannodal19" <Ca********@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
news:AF**********************************@microsof t.com...
>I really shouldn't matter.. I had no clue where to put it, thought general
discussion was a good place.. Can anyone help me or I'm I just gonna get
these no helpfull response's..

"Cannodal19" wrote:
>I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the guide.. Its
saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else.. I've
double
check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one.. Can't
figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products, and that
version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one on
windows
media is not correct..

Thanks for the help

Apr 1 '07 #4

P: n/a
Scott,

We get the mispostings because these people are coming in from Microsoft's
Discussion Groups website. When they post a message, it doesn't show the
group name in the dropdown list, it shows a general description. All groups
that end in ".general" show up solely as "General Discussion". Guess which
group the first "General Discussion" in the dropdown posts to...

The Windows entries are on the bottom of the dropdown list, and some people
don't get that far, they just stop at the first "General Discussion" they
see.

Annoying, isn't it?

Robin S.
---------------------------
"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OQ**************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
Of course it matters! You are in the wrong place for this question.

This newsgroup is NOT for general windows discussions. It is for general
questions about programming applications using Microsoft's .NET
programming environment. Your reply is like saying that it shouldn't
matter that you are in a pet store, you just want a haircut!

We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
people don't know what "dotnet" is) and we need to keep this group
focused on what it is for. Just try posting in a Windows newsgroup
(usually at the bottom of the newsgroup lists).


"Cannodal19" <Ca********@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
news:AF**********************************@microsof t.com...
>>I really shouldn't matter.. I had no clue where to put it, thought
general
discussion was a good place.. Can anyone help me or I'm I just gonna get
these no helpfull response's..

"Cannodal19" wrote:
>>I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the guide..
Its
saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else.. I've
double
check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one..
Can't
figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products, and
that
version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one on
windows
media is not correct..

Thanks for the help


Apr 1 '07 #5

P: n/a
I'm aware of that Robin, which is why I advised told the OP that this wasn't
the right group and to look for another one.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:Va******************************@comcast.com. ..
Scott,

We get the mispostings because these people are coming in from Microsoft's
Discussion Groups website. When they post a message, it doesn't show the
group name in the dropdown list, it shows a general description. All
groups that end in ".general" show up solely as "General Discussion".
Guess which group the first "General Discussion" in the dropdown posts
to...

The Windows entries are on the bottom of the dropdown list, and some
people don't get that far, they just stop at the first "General
Discussion" they see.

Annoying, isn't it?

Robin S.
---------------------------
"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OQ**************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>Of course it matters! You are in the wrong place for this question.

This newsgroup is NOT for general windows discussions. It is for general
questions about programming applications using Microsoft's .NET
programming environment. Your reply is like saying that it shouldn't
matter that you are in a pet store, you just want a haircut!

We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
people don't know what "dotnet" is) and we need to keep this group
focused on what it is for. Just try posting in a Windows newsgroup
(usually at the bottom of the newsgroup lists).


"Cannodal19" <Ca********@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
news:AF**********************************@microso ft.com...
>>>I really shouldn't matter.. I had no clue where to put it, thought
general
discussion was a good place.. Can anyone help me or I'm I just gonna get
these no helpfull response's..

"Cannodal19" wrote:

I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the guide..
Its
saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else.. I've
double
check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one..
Can't
figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products, and
that
version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one on
windows
media is not correct..

Thanks for the help



Apr 1 '07 #6

P: n/a
You said this:
>>We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
people don't know what "dotnet" is)
While that may or may not be true, that's not why they are posting their
message here. They don't see "dotnet" anywhere in the description. That was
my point.

Robin S.
----------------------

"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OT****************@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
I'm aware of that Robin, which is why I advised told the OP that this
wasn't the right group and to look for another one.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:Va******************************@comcast.com. ..
>Scott,

We get the mispostings because these people are coming in from
Microsoft's Discussion Groups website. When they post a message, it
doesn't show the group name in the dropdown list, it shows a general
description. All groups that end in ".general" show up solely as
"General Discussion". Guess which group the first "General Discussion"
in the dropdown posts to...

The Windows entries are on the bottom of the dropdown list, and some
people don't get that far, they just stop at the first "General
Discussion" they see.

Annoying, isn't it?

Robin S.
---------------------------
"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OQ**************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>Of course it matters! You are in the wrong place for this question.

This newsgroup is NOT for general windows discussions. It is for
general questions about programming applications using Microsoft's .NET
programming environment. Your reply is like saying that it shouldn't
matter that you are in a pet store, you just want a haircut!

We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
people don't know what "dotnet" is) and we need to keep this group
focused on what it is for. Just try posting in a Windows newsgroup
(usually at the bottom of the newsgroup lists).


"Cannodal19" <Ca********@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
news:AF**********************************@micros oft.com...
I really shouldn't matter.. I had no clue where to put it, thought
general
discussion was a good place.. Can anyone help me or I'm I just gonna
get
these no helpfull response's..

"Cannodal19" wrote:

I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the guide..
Its
saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else.. I've
double
check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one..
Can't
figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products, and
that
version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one on
windows
media is not correct..
>
Thanks for the help




Apr 2 '07 #7

P: n/a
I get your point Robin. And, as I said, I am aware of it. If you don't
like my phrasing, feel free to comment to the OP's yourself. I don't need
your corrections/comments.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:0O******************************@comcast.com. ..
You said this:
>>>We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
people don't know what "dotnet" is)

While that may or may not be true, that's not why they are posting their
message here. They don't see "dotnet" anywhere in the description. That
was my point.

Robin S.
----------------------

"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OT****************@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I'm aware of that Robin, which is why I advised told the OP that this
wasn't the right group and to look for another one.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:Va******************************@comcast.com ...
>>Scott,

We get the mispostings because these people are coming in from
Microsoft's Discussion Groups website. When they post a message, it
doesn't show the group name in the dropdown list, it shows a general
description. All groups that end in ".general" show up solely as
"General Discussion". Guess which group the first "General Discussion"
in the dropdown posts to...

The Windows entries are on the bottom of the dropdown list, and some
people don't get that far, they just stop at the first "General
Discussion" they see.

Annoying, isn't it?

Robin S.
---------------------------
"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OQ**************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
Of course it matters! You are in the wrong place for this question.

This newsgroup is NOT for general windows discussions. It is for
general questions about programming applications using Microsoft's .NET
programming environment. Your reply is like saying that it shouldn't
matter that you are in a pet store, you just want a haircut!

We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
people don't know what "dotnet" is) and we need to keep this group
focused on what it is for. Just try posting in a Windows newsgroup
(usually at the bottom of the newsgroup lists).


"Cannodal19" <Ca********@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
news:AF**********************************@micro soft.com...
>I really shouldn't matter.. I had no clue where to put it, thought
>general
discussion was a good place.. Can anyone help me or I'm I just gonna
get
these no helpfull response's..
>
"Cannodal19" wrote:
>
>I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the guide..
>Its
>saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else.. I've
>double
>check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one..
>Can't
>figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products, and
>that
>version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one on
>windows
>media is not correct..
>>
>Thanks for the help




Apr 2 '07 #8

P: n/a
To Robin, Thank for trying to explain to Mr. Dick head, parton my french
about the menu.. I looked up and down to put this in the best place to put
this question.. and General was the best place to put it, some how it went
into this place.. I understand how much it sucks to have new forums
missplaced. but what better place to put this question then general.. No
please can someone just answer my question.. I'm not gonna use this forum a
lot, nor probley ever again because of the response and arguments over stupid
junk..

P.S. If I knew how to move it, and find an area that would fit this, I
would, but I just want this answered..

"Scott M." wrote:
I get your point Robin. And, as I said, I am aware of it. If you don't
like my phrasing, feel free to comment to the OP's yourself. I don't need
your corrections/comments.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:0O******************************@comcast.com. ..
You said this:
>>We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
people don't know what "dotnet" is)
While that may or may not be true, that's not why they are posting their
message here. They don't see "dotnet" anywhere in the description. That
was my point.

Robin S.
----------------------

"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OT****************@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
I'm aware of that Robin, which is why I advised told the OP that this
wasn't the right group and to look for another one.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:Va******************************@comcast.com. ..
Scott,

We get the mispostings because these people are coming in from
Microsoft's Discussion Groups website. When they post a message, it
doesn't show the group name in the dropdown list, it shows a general
description. All groups that end in ".general" show up solely as
"General Discussion". Guess which group the first "General Discussion"
in the dropdown posts to...

The Windows entries are on the bottom of the dropdown list, and some
people don't get that far, they just stop at the first "General
Discussion" they see.

Annoying, isn't it?

Robin S.
---------------------------
"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OQ**************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
Of course it matters! You are in the wrong place for this question.

This newsgroup is NOT for general windows discussions. It is for
general questions about programming applications using Microsoft's .NET
programming environment. Your reply is like saying that it shouldn't
matter that you are in a pet store, you just want a haircut!

We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
people don't know what "dotnet" is) and we need to keep this group
focused on what it is for. Just try posting in a Windows newsgroup
(usually at the bottom of the newsgroup lists).


"Cannodal19" <Ca********@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
news:AF**********************************@micros oft.com...
I really shouldn't matter.. I had no clue where to put it, thought
general
discussion was a good place.. Can anyone help me or I'm I just gonna
get
these no helpfull response's..

"Cannodal19" wrote:

I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the guide..
Its
saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else.. I've
double
check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one..
Can't
figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products, and
that
version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one on
windows
media is not correct..
>
Thanks for the help



Apr 2 '07 #9

P: n/a
Thanks for your politeness as well Cannondal19.

And, once again, this is NOT a newsgroup for ANY Windows user questions
(general or otherwise), so no, it's most unlikely that you will get your
question answered here. Once again, I will suggest you try a WINDOWS
newsgroup (er, one that has WINDOWS in its name).

Also, since you seem to be more comfortable barking commands and slinging
insults, I would imagine you'll have a difficult time getting your question
answered even in the correct group.

My first reply to you was not rude and gave you all the info. you needed to
understand that you posted into the wrong group. To acknowledge this and
yet demand an asnwer anyway, makes you seem like kind of a dick to me.

"Cannodal19" <Ca********@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
news:0C**********************************@microsof t.com...
To Robin, Thank for trying to explain to Mr. Dick head, parton my french
about the menu.. I looked up and down to put this in the best place to put
this question.. and General was the best place to put it, some how it went
into this place.. I understand how much it sucks to have new forums
missplaced. but what better place to put this question then general.. No
please can someone just answer my question.. I'm not gonna use this forum
a
lot, nor probley ever again because of the response and arguments over
stupid
junk..

P.S. If I knew how to move it, and find an area that would fit this, I
would, but I just want this answered..

"Scott M." wrote:
>I get your point Robin. And, as I said, I am aware of it. If you don't
like my phrasing, feel free to comment to the OP's yourself. I don't
need
your corrections/comments.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:0O******************************@comcast.com ...
You said this:

We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
people don't know what "dotnet" is)

While that may or may not be true, that's not why they are posting
their
message here. They don't see "dotnet" anywhere in the description. That
was my point.

Robin S.
----------------------

"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OT****************@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
I'm aware of that Robin, which is why I advised told the OP that this
wasn't the right group and to look for another one.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:Va******************************@comcast.com ...
Scott,

We get the mispostings because these people are coming in from
Microsoft's Discussion Groups website. When they post a message, it
doesn't show the group name in the dropdown list, it shows a general
description. All groups that end in ".general" show up solely as
"General Discussion". Guess which group the first "General
Discussion"
in the dropdown posts to...

The Windows entries are on the bottom of the dropdown list, and some
people don't get that far, they just stop at the first "General
Discussion" they see.

Annoying, isn't it?

Robin S.
---------------------------
"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OQ**************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
Of course it matters! You are in the wrong place for this question.

This newsgroup is NOT for general windows discussions. It is for
general questions about programming applications using Microsoft's
.NET
programming environment. Your reply is like saying that it
shouldn't
matter that you are in a pet store, you just want a haircut!

We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
people don't know what "dotnet" is) and we need to keep this group
focused on what it is for. Just try posting in a Windows newsgroup
(usually at the bottom of the newsgroup lists).


"Cannodal19" <Ca********@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
news:AF**********************************@micro soft.com...
>I really shouldn't matter.. I had no clue where to put it, thought
>general
discussion was a good place.. Can anyone help me or I'm I just
gonna
get
these no helpfull response's..
>
"Cannodal19" wrote:
>
>I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the
>guide..
>Its
>saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else..
>I've
>double
>check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one..
>Can't
>figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products,
>and
>that
>version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one
>on
>windows
>media is not correct..
>>
>Thanks for the help






Apr 2 '07 #10

P: n/a
Sorry to offend you. I thought you didn't know how people were getting
here. I'll try not to clarify anything for you in the future.

Robin S.
-----------------------
"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:%2****************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I get your point Robin. And, as I said, I am aware of it. If you don't
like my phrasing, feel free to comment to the OP's yourself. I don't need
your corrections/comments.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:0O******************************@comcast.com. ..
>You said this:
>>>>We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
people don't know what "dotnet" is)

While that may or may not be true, that's not why they are posting their
message here. They don't see "dotnet" anywhere in the description. That
was my point.

Robin S.
----------------------

"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OT****************@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>I'm aware of that Robin, which is why I advised told the OP that this
wasn't the right group and to look for another one.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:Va******************************@comcast.co m...
Scott,

We get the mispostings because these people are coming in from
Microsoft's Discussion Groups website. When they post a message, it
doesn't show the group name in the dropdown list, it shows a general
description. All groups that end in ".general" show up solely as
"General Discussion". Guess which group the first "General Discussion"
in the dropdown posts to...

The Windows entries are on the bottom of the dropdown list, and some
people don't get that far, they just stop at the first "General
Discussion" they see.

Annoying, isn't it?

Robin S.
---------------------------
"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OQ**************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
Of course it matters! You are in the wrong place for this question.
>
This newsgroup is NOT for general windows discussions. It is for
general questions about programming applications using Microsoft's
.NET programming environment. Your reply is like saying that it
shouldn't matter that you are in a pet store, you just want a
haircut!
>
We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
people don't know what "dotnet" is) and we need to keep this group
focused on what it is for. Just try posting in a Windows newsgroup
(usually at the bottom of the newsgroup lists).
>
>
>
>
"Cannodal19" <Ca********@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
news:AF**********************************@micr osoft.com...
>>I really shouldn't matter.. I had no clue where to put it, thought
>>general
>discussion was a good place.. Can anyone help me or I'm I just gonna
>get
>these no helpfull response's..
>>
>"Cannodal19" wrote:
>>
>>I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the
>>guide.. Its
>>saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else..
>>I've double
>>check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one..
>>Can't
>>figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products, and
>>that
>>version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one
>>on windows
>>media is not correct..
>>>
>>Thanks for the help
>
>




Apr 2 '07 #11

P: n/a
Thanks.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:PM******************************@comcast.com. ..
Sorry to offend you. I thought you didn't know how people were getting
here. I'll try not to clarify anything for you in the future.

Robin S.
-----------------------
"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:%2****************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>I get your point Robin. And, as I said, I am aware of it. If you don't
like my phrasing, feel free to comment to the OP's yourself. I don't need
your corrections/comments.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:0O******************************@comcast.com ...
>>You said this:

>We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
>people don't know what "dotnet" is)

While that may or may not be true, that's not why they are posting their
message here. They don't see "dotnet" anywhere in the description. That
was my point.

Robin S.
----------------------

"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OT****************@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl.. .
I'm aware of that Robin, which is why I advised told the OP that this
wasn't the right group and to look for another one.
"RobinS" <Ro****@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:Va******************************@comcast.c om...
Scott,
>
We get the mispostings because these people are coming in from
Microsoft's Discussion Groups website. When they post a message, it
doesn't show the group name in the dropdown list, it shows a general
description. All groups that end in ".general" show up solely as
"General Discussion". Guess which group the first "General Discussion"
in the dropdown posts to...
>
The Windows entries are on the bottom of the dropdown list, and some
people don't get that far, they just stop at the first "General
Discussion" they see.
>
Annoying, isn't it?
>
Robin S.
---------------------------
"Scott M." <s-***@nospam.nospamwrote in message
news:OQ**************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl.. .
>Of course it matters! You are in the wrong place for this question.
>>
>This newsgroup is NOT for general windows discussions. It is for
>general questions about programming applications using Microsoft's
>.NET programming environment. Your reply is like saying that it
>shouldn't matter that you are in a pet store, you just want a
>haircut!
>>
>We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
>people don't know what "dotnet" is) and we need to keep this group
>focused on what it is for. Just try posting in a Windows newsgroup
>(usually at the bottom of the newsgroup lists).
>>
>>
>>
>>
>"Cannodal19" <Ca********@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
>news:AF**********************************@mic rosoft.com...
>>>I really shouldn't matter.. I had no clue where to put it, thought
>>>general
>>discussion was a good place.. Can anyone help me or I'm I just gonna
>>get
>>these no helpfull response's..
>>>
>>"Cannodal19" wrote:
>>>
>>>I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the
>>>guide.. Its
>>>saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else..
>>>I've double
>>>check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one..
>>>Can't
>>>figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products, and
>>>that
>>>version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one
>>>on windows
>>>media is not correct..
>>>>
>>>Thanks for the help
>>
>>
>
>




Apr 3 '07 #12

P: n/a
On Apr 2, 2:22 pm, Cannodal19 <Cannoda...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
To Robin, Thank for trying to explain to Mr. Dick head, parton my french
about the menu.. I looked up and down to put this in the best place to put
this question.. and General was the best place to put it, some how it went
into this place.. I understand how much it sucks to have new forums
missplaced. but what better place to put this question then general.. No
please can someone just answer my question.. I'm not gonna use this forum a
lot, nor probley ever again because of the response and arguments over stupid
junk..

P.S. If I knew how to move it, and find an area that would fit this, I
would, but I just want this answered..

"Scott M." wrote:
I get your point Robin. And, as I said, I am aware of it. If you don't
like my phrasing, feel free to comment to the OP's yourself. I don't need
your corrections/comments.
"RobinS" <Rob...@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
news:0O******************************@comcast.com. ..
You said this:
>>>We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
>>>people don't know what "dotnet" is)
While that may or may not be true, that's not why they are posting their
message here. They don't see "dotnet" anywhere in the description. That
was my point.
Robin S.
----------------------
"Scott M." <s...@nospam.nospamwrote in message
>news:OT****************@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I'm aware of that Robin, which is why I advised told the OP that this
>wasn't the right group and to look for another one.
>"RobinS" <Rob...@NoSpam.yah.nonewrote in message
>>news:Va******************************@comcast.co m...
>>Scott,
>>We get the mispostings because these people are coming in from
>>Microsoft's Discussion Groups website. When they post a message, it
>>doesn't show the group name in the dropdown list, it shows a general
>>description. All groups that end in ".general" show up solely as
>>"General Discussion". Guess which group the first "General Discussion"
>>in the dropdown posts to...
>>The Windows entries are on the bottom of the dropdown list, and some
>>people don't get that far, they just stop at the first "General
>>Discussion" they see.
>>Annoying, isn't it?
>>Robin S.
>>---------------------------
>>"Scott M." <s...@nospam.nospamwrote in message
>>>news:OQ**************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>Of course it matters! You are in the wrong place for this question.
>>>This newsgroup is NOT for general windows discussions. It is for
>>>general questions about programming applications using Microsoft's .NET
>>>programming environment. Your reply is like saying that it shouldn't
>>>matter that you are in a pet store, you just want a haircut!
>>>We get a lot of questions mis-posted to this newsgroup (because many
>>>people don't know what "dotnet" is) and we need to keep this group
>>>focused on what it is for. Just try posting in a Windows newsgroup
>>>(usually at the bottom of the newsgroup lists).
>>>"Cannodal19" <Cannoda...@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
>>>>news:AF**********************************@micr osoft.com...
>>>>>I really shouldn't matter.. I had no clue where to put it, thought
>>>>>general
>>>>discussion was a good place.. Can anyone help me or I'm I just gonna
>>>>get
>>>>these no helpfull response's..
>>>>"Cannodal19" wrote:
>>>>>I'm having a problem getting the accurate information to the guide..
>>>>>Its
>>>>>saying its soposted to be this one show, and its somthing else.. I've
>>>>>double
>>>>>check my setting for what general area, and I have the right one..
>>>>>Can't
>>>>>figure it out,, I have another program from Hauppauge products, and
>>>>>that
>>>>>version works and downloads the correct information.. but the one on
>>>>>windows
>>>>>media is not correct..
>>>>>Thanks for the help
It's not that no one here wants to help, but in all likelihood, we
can't While there may be some here who know about Vista Media Center
and TV Guide, most of us probably are not experts in that area. And
as a general principle, we try not to answer off topic posts to keep
the forum clean and focussed on it purpose. As was pointed out by
others, there are more appropriate places to ask your question. Try
this one:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...s/default.mspx

And then select Media Center PC

Good Luck
Apr 4 '07 #13

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.