By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
440,364 Members | 1,278 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 440,364 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

xsl:output cdata-section-elements

P: n/a
Hello,
Ive been reading about cdata-section-elements b/c ive got a comments
field that id like to inlcude some html in. For some reason the final
output is not including any cdata tags though? The original field that
this is pulled from does use cdata tags but they dont seem to come
through

Is this possible or is there something im missing?
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="no" method="xml"
cdata-section-elements="comments"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
<data>

<xsl:for-each select="data/supervisors/supentry">

<entry>
<id><xsl:value-of select="@id"/></id>
<author>
<xsl:value-of select="@author"/>
</author>
<xsl:element name="comments">
<xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
</xsl:element>
</entry>
</data>
thanks

drewg

Aug 27 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies


P: n/a


werD wrote:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="no" method="xml"
cdata-section-elements="comments"/>
<xsl:element name="comments">
<xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
</xsl:element>
Do you get a CDATA section in the output if you don't use
disable-output-escaping="yes"?

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
Aug 27 '06 #2

P: n/a
werD wrote:
Hello,
Ive been reading about cdata-section-elements b/c ive got a comments
field that id like to inlcude some html in.
FAQ. See http://xml.silmaril.ie/authors/cdata/
For some reason the final
output is not including any cdata tags though? The original field that
this is pulled from does use cdata tags but they dont seem to come
through

Is this possible or is there something im missing?
It's correct behaviour.

///Peter
Aug 27 '06 #3

P: n/a
Thanks,
When I remove disable-output-escaping it doesn't add the cdata but it
did break down the html to its character form which will be sufficient.
Thanks for your post

Martin Honnen wrote:
werD wrote:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="no" method="xml"
cdata-section-elements="comments"/>

<xsl:element name="comments">
<xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
</xsl:element>

Do you get a CDATA section in the output if you don't use
disable-output-escaping="yes"?

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
Aug 27 '06 #4

P: n/a
Thanks
Peter Flynn wrote:
werD wrote:
Hello,
Ive been reading about cdata-section-elements b/c ive got a comments
field that id like to inlcude some html in.

FAQ. See http://xml.silmaril.ie/authors/cdata/
For some reason the final
output is not including any cdata tags though? The original field that
this is pulled from does use cdata tags but they dont seem to come
through

Is this possible or is there something im missing?

It's correct behaviour.

///Peter
Aug 28 '06 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.