470,849 Members | 859 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 470,849 developers. It's quick & easy.

.net 2.0 client calling a WebLogic 6.1 web service

I built a simple .net 2.0/C# windows application that calls a web service on
WebLogic 6.1 app server. WebLogic supports SOAP 1.1, and .net 2.0 supports
SOAP 1.1 and 1.2. I am able to send simple data types (int, string, boolean)
from the client to the server, but I can't send complex types or arrays of
string or arrays of complex types. I know the web service is working properly
because we tested it with a Java client and it works for all these array data
types, but from the .net client it does not work.

I inspected the SOAP created from the .net client and found that it is using
a "href" attribute to reference the arguments for array data. When this
occurs, the data received on the web service side is always null.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope ">
<soap:Body soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<q1:testObjectArr xmlns:q1="urn:TableReaderSessionBean">
<arg0 href="#id1" />
</q1:testObjectArr>
<soapenc:Array id="id1" soapenc:arrayType="xsd:anyType[2]">
<Item xsi:type="xsd:boolean">false</Item>
<Item xsi:type="xsd:int">0</Item>
</soapenc:Array>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>
Mar 23 '06 #1
0 1109

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

reply views Thread by Benny | last post: by
reply views Thread by Per-Christian Engdal | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Accolo1 | last post: by
reply views Thread by Cleo | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Johan | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.