By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
446,281 Members | 2,268 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 446,281 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Java Client and .Net Webservice Problem

P: n/a
I have simple .NET webservice coded in C# running on IIS 5 windows 2000
sp4 with .NET framework 1.1. I have a client coded in java with a
webservice client stub generated by wsdl2java (axis).

After doing some monitoring on the server box I noticed that
connections were not closed but stacked up with the status TIME_WAIT
and were not closed until windows timed them out after 3 minutes. This
can be very resource consuming if you have frequent requests to the
webservice. When I looked on the client side with help of netstat the
connections were terminated on completion, however looking on the
server side they kept on stacking up. When I tested with a .NET client
the connections on the server were closed on completion, so the problem
seems to be related to the combination of a java client and a .NET
webservice.

I have tried with different versions of axis on the client 1.1, 1.3
with no success. I have also tried switching off KeepAlive on the IIS
with no success.

I'd be grateful for any input on this subject

Many Thanks
/Per

Dec 8 '05 #1
Share this question for a faster answer!
Share on Google+

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.