469,613 Members | 1,817 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,613 developers. It's quick & easy.

WSI test tool on analysing monitored logs (soap messages)

I have captured some SOAP messages (using org.wsi.test.monitor.Monitor
of the WSI test tool). When I try to analyze the messages with WSI
test tool analyzer, the "message" artifact of the report always return
"Missing Input". I have tried various "correlationType: endpoint,
operation, namespace". When I eyeball the captured SOAP messages,
they looks fine with correct namespace and valid operation name within
the soap body of the <meesageContent> of the monitored log. Is there
a way to force the analyze tool to run all messages regardless? Or
anyone encounters this problem before and can advise?

(The "description" artifact returns fine on the report.)
The monitored soap messages look like..
....
<messageEntry xsi:type="wsi-log:httpMessageEntry" ID="2"
conversationID="1" type="response"
timestamp="2004-07-21T10:42:36.981">
<messageContent>&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot;
encoding=&quot;utf-8&quot;?&gt;&lt;soap:Envelope
xmlns:soap=&quot;http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/&quot;
xmlns:xsi=&quot;http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance&quot;
xmlns:xsd=&quot;http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema&quo...oductsResponse
xmlns=&quot;http://mystore.mycompany.com/ws&quot...tName&gt;Paper
....
....
&lt;/soap:Body&gt;&lt;/soap:Envelope&gt;</messageContent>
<senderHostAndPort>localhost:8080</senderHostAndPort>
<receiverHostAndPort>xxx.yyyy.www.zzz:portA</receiverHostAndPort>
<httpHeaders>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:42:36 GMT
Server: Apache Tomcat/4.1 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

</httpHeaders>
</messageEntry>
....

Thanks,
Clara Yeung
Nov 21 '05 #1
1 3211
WS-I Test Tool... Seems like the work around is to separate the
analysis for WSDL and Message artifacts, by running either WSDL or
Message artifact once at a time.

For example, in the analyzerConfig.xml, when running "message"
artifact, comment out the "WSDL" artifact:
....
<wsi-analyzerConfig:logFile correlationType="operation">
../logs/logDA.xml
</wsi-analyzerConfig:logFile>
<!--
sometimes analyzing wsdl has negative effect to analysis of monitored
log, so run later
<wsi-analyzerConfig:wsdlReference>
<wsi-analyzerConfig:wsdlElement type="port"
parentElementName="DeadOrAlive"
namespace="http://www.abundanttech.com/webservices/deadoralive">
DeadOrAliveSoap
</wsi-analyzerConfig:wsdlElement>
<wsi-analyzerConfig:wsdlURI>
layer7/DeadOrAlive.wsdl
</wsi-analyzerConfig:wsdlURI>
</wsi-analyzerConfig:wsdlReference>
-->
....

Is it a bug in the WS-I test tool?

cl*********@yahoo.com (Clara Yeung) wrote in message news:<e5**************************@posting.google. com>...
I have captured some SOAP messages (using org.wsi.test.monitor.Monitor
of the WSI test tool). When I try to analyze the messages with WSI
test tool analyzer, the "message" artifact of the report always return
"Missing Input". I have tried various "correlationType: endpoint,
operation, namespace". When I eyeball the captured SOAP messages,
they looks fine with correct namespace and valid operation name within
the soap body of the <meesageContent> of the monitored log. Is there
a way to force the analyze tool to run all messages regardless? Or
anyone encounters this problem before and can advise?

(The "description" artifact returns fine on the report.)
The monitored soap messages look like..
...
<messageEntry xsi:type="wsi-log:httpMessageEntry" ID="2"
conversationID="1" type="response"
timestamp="2004-07-21T10:42:36.981">
<messageContent>&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot;
encoding=&quot;utf-8&quot;?&gt;&lt;soap:Envelope
xmlns:soap=&quot;http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/&quot;
xmlns:xsi=&quot;http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance&quot;
xmlns:xsd=&quot;http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema&quo...oductsResponse
xmlns=&quot;http://mystore.mycompany.com/ws&quot...tName&gt;Paper
...
...
&lt;/soap:Body&gt;&lt;/soap:Envelope&gt;</messageContent>
<senderHostAndPort>localhost:8080</senderHostAndPort>
<receiverHostAndPort>xxx.yyyy.www.zzz:portA</receiverHostAndPort>
<httpHeaders>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:42:36 GMT
Server: Apache Tomcat/4.1 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

</httpHeaders>
</messageEntry>
...

Thanks,
Clara Yeung

Nov 21 '05 #2

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

reply views Thread by Hans Kesting | last post: by
reply views Thread by Softwaremaker | last post: by
27 posts views Thread by Josh | last post: by
7 posts views Thread by George Jordanov Ivanov | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Roman Ziak | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Andi Clemens | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Anastasios Hatzis | last post: by
reply views Thread by devrayhaan | last post: by
reply views Thread by gheharukoh7 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.