By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
439,978 Members | 1,362 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 439,978 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Problem accessing a c# soap service from an atl/mfc client using SSL

P: n/a
Hi

I have some problems accessing a soap service made in c# using an
ATL/MFC client over SSL. I have tried both CSoapMSXMLInetClient and
CSoapWininetClient as template arguments with my stub class.

The service is returning with the error code: -2147467259. I have not
succeeded to find any additional information about the error. The
"SoapFault" method seems to return only a bunch of question marks.

There is no problem accessing the soap service from the ATL/MFC client
without SSL support. Also, accessing the c# soap service from a c#
client is not a problem (both with and without SSL support). The
sproxy.exe generates some warnings during the production of the proxy
class.

These warnings are:

warning SDL4001 : only one SOAP port will be processed.

warning SDL4004 : skipping currently unsupported element, with
[
namespace = "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/"
name = "mimeXml"
]

Could these warnings cause any problems when using SSL? As mention
before, they do not cause any problems without SSL.

I have also tried to set up an ATL soap server. Using SSL with this
service is not a problem. The problem seems to be when mixing
technologies.

Both c# and Atl soap services are only simple hello world services
made by the Visual Net wizard.

I would appreciate some suggestions.

Best regards
Eirik
Nov 17 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
1 Reply


P: n/a
ei*****@online.no (Eirik Brattbakk) wrote in message news:<75**************************@posting.google. com>...
Hi

I have some problems accessing a soap service made in c# using an
ATL/MFC client over SSL. I have tried both CSoapMSXMLInetClient and
CSoapWininetClient as template arguments .............


I have found additional information about the error. (I used the
CSoapFault object from the m_fault. )

The error reported was:

"Server found request content type to be '', but expected 'text/xml'."

This symptom was reported in the article
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;324011. It
tells that it is made a quick fix to solve the problem, and this fix
is to be included in a later SP release. The article is from October
16, 2002 and I think the fix of this problem should be included with
one of the SPs since then. I use NET v 1.0 with SP3 (Version:
1.0.3705.6018). I have tried to find information about this bug in the
SP release documentation and was not able to find anything particular
about this problem.

--
Eirik
Nov 17 '05 #2

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.