471,595 Members | 1,092 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post +

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 471,595 software developers and data experts.

Unable to call webservice using HTTP GET...

MTB
I created a webservice, but I can't call the webservice using HTTP GET. SOAP
and POST work fine, but not GET. Am I missing something in the configuration?
Nov 12 '05 #1
4 14813
Hi MTB

Try this URL:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;819267

And modify your web.config like this:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
</protocols>
</webServices>
</system.web>
</configuration>

or your machine.config like this:

<protocols>
<add name="HttpSoap"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPostLocalhost"/>
<!-- Documentation enables the documentation/test pages -->
<add name="Documentation"/>
</protocols>

HTH

Nigel

"MTB" wrote:
I created a webservice, but I can't call the webservice using HTTP GET. SOAP
and POST work fine, but not GET. Am I missing something in the configuration?

Nov 12 '05 #2
MTB
Thanks, that worked.

"Nigel Armstrong" wrote:
Hi MTB

Try this URL:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;819267

And modify your web.config like this:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
</protocols>
</webServices>
</system.web>
</configuration>

or your machine.config like this:

<protocols>
<add name="HttpSoap"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPostLocalhost"/>
<!-- Documentation enables the documentation/test pages -->
<add name="Documentation"/>
</protocols>

HTH

Nigel

"MTB" wrote:
I created a webservice, but I can't call the webservice using HTTP GET. SOAP
and POST work fine, but not GET. Am I missing something in the configuration?

Nov 12 '05 #3
Wow, I thought this might fix my problem also...
But when I try to register a new web-service using the add web-service
reference tool it still fails... I am being told it is because I am using a
get instead of a post...

I put the required changes listed above in my web.confgi file... no luck ..
any ideas?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>

<system.web>

<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
</protocols>
</webServices>
<!-- DYNAMIC DEBUG COMPILATION
..
..
..
..etc...

"MTB" wrote:
Thanks, that worked.

"Nigel Armstrong" wrote:
Hi MTB

Try this URL:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;819267

And modify your web.config like this:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
</protocols>
</webServices>
</system.web>
</configuration>

or your machine.config like this:

<protocols>
<add name="HttpSoap"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPostLocalhost"/>
<!-- Documentation enables the documentation/test pages -->
<add name="Documentation"/>
</protocols>

HTH

Nigel

"MTB" wrote:
I created a webservice, but I can't call the webservice using HTTP GET. SOAP
and POST work fine, but not GET. Am I missing something in the configuration?

Nov 12 '05 #4
Here is the error the add web-reference tool gives..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">
- <SOAP-ENV:Body>
- <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>[ISS.0088.9112] An Exception was thrown in the
server</faultstring>
<faultactor>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/next/</faultactor>
- <detail xmlns:webM="http://www.webMethods.com/2001/10/soap/encoding">
- <webM:exception>
<webM:className>java.lang.NullPointerException</webM:className>
<webM:message xml:lang="" />
</webM:exception>
</detail>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

"
Nov 12 '05 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

reply views Thread by huy le via DotNetMonster.com | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Antonello Calabrò | last post: by
reply views Thread by =?Utf-8?B?dGVzaHRyYWRlQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ==?= | last post: by
reply views Thread by XIAOLAOHU | last post: by

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.