By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
424,678 Members | 2,155 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 424,678 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Loading strings in one foreign language only takes too long

P: n/a
Hi,

I have an XP SP2, .net framework 1.1 SP1.
An html/css interface using jscripts in which I create ActiveX objects and
present a dialog using the appropriate language set by the user on that
machine.
Those ActiveX object are C++ COM dlls which call other COM dlls, some of
them are managed c# and some of them are unmanaged c++.
The scenario I am witnessing is that only the first time after installation,
only on a very specific machine (only have one of those, so I cant really
check if it's the type or the machine itself), only on CHT, getting to the
dialog takes me 13 minutes.
I am suspecting that perhaps it has to do with loading the string for
presenting the dialog, since other stuff are not language dependent.

I have tried to display message boxes all over the process and it seems like
with those message boxes nothing hangs.
Although perhaps because I see message boxes all the time it's deluding...
Once I remove those the scenario repeats itself again.

The previous version works, although there is no difference between the *.rc
files of that language.

Aug 30 '05 #1
Share this question for a faster answer!
Share on Google+

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.