469,647 Members | 1,815 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,647 developers. It's quick & easy.

C# windows service not showing up in service manager

I have written a windows service in C#. I am able to install it, but when I
look in the service manager I don't see it. If I start it at the command line
like this: net start spawner it starts right up and runs. I must have missed
something in my installer classes to make this happen, but I can't seem to
figure it what it is.

Any help you can provide is appreciated,
Brian Hman
Aug 19 '05 #1
5 10347

F5 -- Refresh on svs list ?

Brian Hman wrote:
I have written a windows service in C#. I am able to install it, but when I
look in the service manager I don't see it. If I start it at the command line
like this: net start spawner it starts right up and runs. I must have missed
something in my installer classes to make this happen, but I can't seem to
figure it what it is.

Any help you can provide is appreciated,
Brian Hman

Aug 19 '05 #2
Yep. did that and even rebooted.

"John Bailo" wrote:

F5 -- Refresh on svs list ?

Brian Hman wrote:
I have written a windows service in C#. I am able to install it, but when I
look in the service manager I don't see it. If I start it at the command line
like this: net start spawner it starts right up and runs. I must have missed
something in my installer classes to make this happen, but I can't seem to
figure it what it is.

Any help you can provide is appreciated,
Brian Hman

Aug 19 '05 #3
Hi Brian,

Please check the following link for a walkthrough on how to create a
windows application and install it. You can create a setup project or use
Installutil.exe to install the service. You might able to find what you
have missed in your app.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/vbcon/html/
vbwlkwalkthroughcreatingwindowsserviceapplication. asp

These articles are also helpful.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/vbcon/html/
vbtskaddinginstallerstoyourserviceapplication.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816169

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/cptools/htm
l/cpconinstallerutilityinstallutilexe.asp

HTH.

Kevin Yu
=======
"This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights."

Aug 20 '05 #4
I am having the same issue with either c# or VB.net. I followed your links.
One difference that I noticed that in my environment, I don't get a
properties window that allows me to set the ServiceName and other service
properties.

I am running VS .NET 2003 on Windows XP Pro.

"Kevin Yu [MSFT]" wrote:
Hi Brian,

Please check the following link for a walkthrough on how to create a
windows application and install it. You can create a setup project or use
Installutil.exe to install the service. You might able to find what you
have missed in your app.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/vbcon/html/
vbwlkwalkthroughcreatingwindowsserviceapplication. asp

These articles are also helpful.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/vbcon/html/
vbtskaddinginstallerstoyourserviceapplication.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816169

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/cptools/htm
l/cpconinstallerutilityinstallutilexe.asp

HTH.

Kevin Yu
=======
"This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights."

Oct 7 '05 #5
Check the service name you used.
"Kevin Yu [MSFT]" <v-****@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:y5**************@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl...
Hi Brian,

Please check the following link for a walkthrough on how to create a
windows application and install it. You can create a setup project or use
Installutil.exe to install the service. You might able to find what you
have missed in your app.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/vbcon/html/ vbwlkwalkthroughcreatingwindowsserviceapplication. asp

These articles are also helpful.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/vbcon/html/ vbtskaddinginstallerstoyourserviceapplication.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816169

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/cptools/htm l/cpconinstallerutilityinstallutilexe.asp

HTH.

Kevin Yu
=======
"This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights."

Oct 18 '05 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

2 posts views Thread by Russ McDaniel | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Mark | last post: by
7 posts views Thread by =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbHkgWmhhbmc=?= | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.