By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
459,964 Members | 1,810 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 459,964 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Spry dataset page won't load because of addition to page URL

P: 2
I am working with a CMS system that has been forced on me by a client. I have created a news page that uses a Spry Dataset to dynamically load news items from an HTML page where the news items are entered. The page works fine from this address http://fremantlebali.com.au/318
However the menu item "Latest News" when clicked adds a "/" to the end of the URL when it calls the page and that prevents the page from loading correctly as here http://fremantlebali.com.au/318/.

I have tried all sorts of on-load commands but cant get around the problem and the CMS owners wont let me change the CMS to get rid of the "/". If any one can suggest a solution it would be appreciated.

The javascript in the <head> is

Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. <script src="SpryAssets/SpryData.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  2. <script src="SpryAssets/SpryHTMLDataSet.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  3. <link href="SpryAssets/SpryMasterDetail.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
  4. <script type="text/javascript">
  5. var ds1 = new Spry.Data.HTMLDataSet("Admin-FbrrNews.html", "news2013", {sortOnLoad: "Date", sortOrderOnLoad: "descending"});
  6. ds1.setColumnType("Date", "date");
  7. </script>
Cheers for any help
Nov 22 '12 #1

✓ answered by lesliev

I finally got my head working properly and realised the URLs I was using for the Src and CSS were not correct for the extra "/". I made a simple change of adding "../"to the URLs in the header calling the javascript and CSS and it appears to now be working fine. Pretty obvious but sometimes that is the hardest thing to see.

Cheers

Share this Question
Share on Google+
1 Reply


P: 2
I finally got my head working properly and realised the URLs I was using for the Src and CSS were not correct for the extra "/". I made a simple change of adding "../"to the URLs in the header calling the javascript and CSS and it appears to now be working fine. Pretty obvious but sometimes that is the hardest thing to see.

Cheers
Nov 22 '12 #2

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.