469,600 Members | 2,367 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,600 developers. It's quick & easy.

Detecting screen.height for use in <Table Height=>

Is there any way to input he screen.height information into <Table
Height=> so I can have my page auto center vertically. I don't want to
use CSS because it disrupts other tables.
Jul 20 '05 #1
9 2755
john T wrote:
Is there any way to input he screen.height information into <Table
Height=> so I can have my page auto center vertically. I don't want to
use CSS because it disrupts other tables.


Then you aren't defining your CSS properly. Instead of defining for
TABLE{, define for #myTable{ where myTable is the id of the Table. Then
it will only apply that CSS to the one table.

follow-ups set to comp.info.www.authoring.stylesheets

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq/

Jul 20 '05 #2
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:56:00 -0500, Randy Webb
<hi************@aol.com> wrote:
Attachment Included
john T wrote:
Is there any way to input he screen.height information into <Table
Height=> so I can have my page auto center vertically. I don't want to
use CSS because it disrupts other tables.


Then you aren't defining your CSS properly. Instead of defining for
TABLE{, define for #myTable{ where myTable is the id of the Table. Then
it will only apply that CSS to the one table.

follow-ups set to comp.info.www.authoring.stylesheets


Jul 20 '05 #3
"john T" <ne****@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:32********************************@4ax.com...
Attachment Included


Not in this group. See:-

<URL: http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ2_3 >

Richard.
Jul 20 '05 #4
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 02:15:00 -0000, "Richard Cornford"
<Ri*****@litotes.demon.co.uk> wrote:
K
link
http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/a/lamppost/site.zip
"john T" <ne****@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:32********************************@4ax.com.. .
Attachment Included


Not in this group. See:-

<URL: http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ2_3 >

Richard.


Jul 20 '05 #5
john T wrote:
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:56:00 -0500, Randy Webb
<hi************@aol.com> wrote:
Attachment Included


Read the FAQ, and don't do that. Now, repost with a URL or the code, I
will *not* accept attachments.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq/

Jul 20 '05 #6
john T wrote:
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 02:15:00 -0000, "Richard Cornford"
<Ri*****@litotes.demon.co.uk> wrote:
K
link
http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/a/lamppost/site.zip


No zips. Put the code up, so it can be seen without downloading a zip file.


--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq/

Jul 20 '05 #7
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 02:15:00 -0000, "Richard Cornford"
<Ri*****@litotes.demon.co.uk> wrote:
all right

http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/a/lamppost/original.htm
http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/a/lamppost/withcssvcenter.htm
"john T" <ne****@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:32********************************@4ax.com.. .
Attachment Included


Not in this group. See:-

<URL: http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ2_3 >

Richard.


Jul 20 '05 #8

"john T" <ne****@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:0f********************************@4ax.com...
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 02:15:00 -0000, "Richard Cornford"
<Ri*****@litotes.demon.co.uk> wrote:
all right

http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/a/lamppost/withcssvcenter.htm


Now *that* was bloody rude. Why do you think I want my browser window to be
1600 by 1200 pixels? Plus, when it *is* that big your graphic totally falls
apart.

This is *my* browser. *I* will choose how big it is thankyou.

Cheers
Richard.
Jul 20 '05 #9
In article <M4******************@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Richard
Formby <rf***@cueword.com.au> writes
http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/a/lamppost/withcssvcenter.htm


Now *that* was bloody rude. Why do you think I want my browser window
to be 1600 by 1200 pixels? Plus, when it *is* that big your graphic
totally falls apart.

This is *my* browser. *I* will choose how big it is thankyou.


1280x1024 here and the window was half off the screen. Not to mention
the fact that the image fell apart as you said.

--
Alan Silver

Jul 20 '05 #10

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

8 posts views Thread by bearclaws | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by Paul Thompson | last post: by
61 posts views Thread by Toby Austin | last post: by
19 posts views Thread by CMAR | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by Ken Dopierala Jr. | last post: by
1 post views Thread by prefersgolfing | last post: by
reply views Thread by =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?= | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.