By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
459,746 Members | 1,608 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 459,746 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Internet Explorer Ajax not working

P: 2
Ok, so here's my problem. As you may have guessed by looking at the title, I'm having problems with ajax and internet explorer. I have internet explorer with 0 protection on active x, and I use active x requests to load and send data. The only problem is, the data gets stuck. Thats all i know how to say. It's a chat program, and so i open the page once, and it works. But then I can't get it to update afterwards, without closing and opening the browser window. Any ideas? Oh, and I get no error on page thingy... Is it possible that the data is being cached? If so, how do I clear it?
Sep 3 '11 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
2 Replies


acoder
Expert Mod 15k+
P: 16,027
Without code or a link, it'd be difficult to say.

However, if it is caching, then you can either use the appropriate headers or make the URL unique, e.g. by adding a date stamp:
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. (new Date()).getTime()
Sep 9 '11 #2

P: 2
Thanks. I've recently figured out that it was the cache also. The date timestamp will work much better than the incrementing cookie I started using a few days after I figured out what I needed to do to fix it. Thanks!
-Grey
Edit:
Works like a charm! My one bad thought going on in my head:
why didn't the tutorial I used show me that.
Sep 9 '11 #3

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.