By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
424,850 Members | 1,895 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 424,850 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

shopping cart

P: n/a
can anyone point me to a free shopping-cart script?
Oct 26 '08 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
6 Replies


P: n/a
frank wrote:
can anyone point me to a free shopping-cart script?
I think you're grossly under-estimating what's involved in a shopping
cart functionality.
Oct 26 '08 #2

P: n/a
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 15:03:04 +0100, Stevo wrote:
frank wrote:
>can anyone point me to a free shopping-cart script?

I think you're grossly under-estimating what's involved in a shopping
cart functionality.
Maybe, but where do I get started?
Oct 26 '08 #3

P: n/a
frank meinte:
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 15:03:04 +0100, Stevo wrote:
>frank wrote:
>>can anyone point me to a free shopping-cart script?
I think you're grossly under-estimating what's involved in a shopping
cart functionality.

Maybe, but where do I get started?
Shopping carts are firstly server side stuff. JS is just for the
eye-candy. I'm pretty sure there zillions of
name-your-favourite-server-side-scripting-language shopping carts once
you start google. [1]

Gregor

[1] "php shopping cart" gives me 1,450,000 hits. Start reading.
Oct 26 '08 #4

P: n/a
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:14:54 +0000, frank wrote:
can anyone point me to a free shopping-cart script?
Thank you both. I'm convinced.
Oct 26 '08 #5

P: n/a
frank wrote:
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:14:54 +0000, frank wrote:
>can anyone point me to a free shopping-cart script?

Thank you both. I'm convinced.
It's off topic here. But you can try mals-e.

F'up2 alt.www.webmaster

--
comp.lang.javascript FAQ <URL: http://jibbering.com/faq/ >
Oct 27 '08 #6

P: n/a
Gregor Kofler wrote:
frank meinte:
>On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 15:03:04 +0100, Stevo wrote:
>>frank wrote:
can anyone point me to a free shopping-cart script?
I think you're grossly under-estimating what's involved in a shopping
cart functionality.
Maybe, but where do I get started?

Shopping carts are firstly server side stuff. JS is just for the
eye-candy. I'm pretty sure there zillions of
name-your-favourite-server-side-scripting-language shopping carts once
you start google. [1]
[...]
[1] "php shopping cart" gives me 1,450,000 hits. Start reading.
Some might find it tiresome, but I think it is important to point out that
it is unwise to put ECMAScript implementations ("JS") in the client-side
corner or PHP in the server-side one. Both are just programming languages;
their places of use are determined by the actual use-case.

However, if the OP was to create a shopping cart using a server-side
ECMAScript implementation such as Microsoft JScript (.NET) in ASP (.NET) on
IIS-compatibles, it is likely that questions regarding it here would be
off-topic unless they dealt only with the programming language and not with
the underlying server-side application framework.
PointedEars
--
realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict
madness: XHTML 1.1 as application/xhtml+xml
-- Bjoern Hoehrmann
Oct 27 '08 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.