By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
459,442 Members | 1,316 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 459,442 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

looking for ajax image upload script

P: n/a
Hello,

Does anyone know of an easy to implement ajax upload script for php
which also has a progress bar. If possible I'd like it to be able to
remove already uploaded files and do minor manipulations...
Thanks.

Jun 26 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
Ken1 wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know of an easy to implement ajax upload script for php
which also has a progress bar. If possible I'd like it to be able to
remove already uploaded files and do minor manipulations...
Thanks.
Ajax? Fine.
But how are you planning to use PHP to see ow many bytes are uploaded?
I did this in Java (easy), and Perl, but I don't think PHP gives you any
access to this knowledge.
As far as I know, PHP populates $_FILES and the like AFTER the upload is
completed.

If you have Perl installed on your webserver too, have a look at Mega Upload
(written in Perl).
Read more here:
sourceforge.net/projects/megaupload (when the site is up again....)

Regards and good luck,
Erwin Moller
Jun 26 '07 #2

P: n/a
Erwin Moller wrote:
>
Ajax? Fine.
But how are you planning to use PHP to see ow many bytes are uploaded?
I did this in Java (easy), and Perl, but I don't think PHP gives you any
access to this knowledge.
As far as I know, PHP populates $_FILES and the like AFTER the upload is
completed.

If you have Perl installed on your webserver too, have a look at Mega Upload
(written in Perl).
Read more here:
sourceforge.net/projects/megaupload (when the site is up again....)

Regards and good luck,
Erwin Moller
This is no longer true as of PHP 5.2.0. See the uploadprogress
extension (http://pecl.php.net/uploadprogress). Install this extension
and you can magically get progress information on uploads while they occur.

I have used this for upload progress monitoring in several applications
with great success.

OP, please note that "AJAX File Upload" is not really the proper term
here. You must submit your file upload via regular methods (one way is
to submit the file upload to a hidden frame) and then use asynchronous
requests (a.k.a. "AJAX") to *monitor* the progress. Submitting the file
itself via XmlHttpRequest is not possible.

Jeremy
Jun 26 '07 #3

P: n/a
Jeremy wrote:
Erwin Moller wrote:
>>
Ajax? Fine.
But how are you planning to use PHP to see ow many bytes are uploaded?
I did this in Java (easy), and Perl, but I don't think PHP gives you any
access to this knowledge.
As far as I know, PHP populates $_FILES and the like AFTER the upload is
completed.

If you have Perl installed on your webserver too, have a look at Mega
Upload (written in Perl).
Read more here:
sourceforge.net/projects/megaupload (when the site is up again....)

Regards and good luck,
Erwin Moller

This is no longer true as of PHP 5.2.0. See the uploadprogress
extension (http://pecl.php.net/uploadprogress). Install this extension
and you can magically get progress information on uploads while they
occur.
Great. And about time too. ;-)
Thanks for the correction.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Jun 27 '07 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.