470,619 Members | 1,494 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 470,619 developers. It's quick & easy.

Date dropdown not functioning

I have a form on my asp page with 3 dropdowns, day, month & year, but
for some reason, the day dropdown is displaying the 25th twice, instead
of 26th, then 27th ?
I have this script in the <headof my asp page:

_____________________

<script type="text/javascript">

var
monthtext=['Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','S ept','Oct','Nov','Dec'];

function populatedropdown(dayfield, monthfield, yearfield){
var today=new Date()
var dayfield=document.getElementById(dayfield)
var monthfield=document.getElementById(monthfield)
var yearfield=document.getElementById(yearfield)
for (var i=0; i<31; i++)
dayfield.options[i]=new Option(i+1, i+1)
dayfield.options[today.getDate()]=new Option(today.getDate(),
today.getDate(), true, true) //select today's day
for (var m=0; m<12; m++)
monthfield.options[m]=new Option(monthtext[m], monthtext[m])
monthfield.options[today.getMonth()]=new
Option(monthtext[today.getMonth()], monthtext[today.getMonth()], true,
true) //select today's month
var thisyear=today.getFullYear()
for (var y=0; y<20; y++){
yearfield.options[y]=new Option(thisyear, thisyear)
thisyear+=1
}
yearfield.options[0]=new Option(today.getFullYear(),
today.getFullYear(), true, true) //select today's year
}

</script>

_____________________________________
I have this script in the Body of my asp page:

<script type="text/javascript">

//populatedropdown(id_of_day_select, id_of_month_select,
id_of_year_select)
window.onload=function(){
populatedropdown("daydropdown", "monthdropdown", "yeardropdown")
}
</script>

______________________________________

I have this code in a form on my asp page:

<select id="daydropdown">
</select>
<select id="monthdropdown">
</select>
<select id="yeardropdown">
</select>
________________________________________

PROBLEM: For some reason, instead of the daydropdown showing

24
25
26
27
28

it is displaying

24
25
26
26
28

Why is it not displaying the 27th day to select, i.e. tomorrow

Appreciate any help you can offer me

Thanks

David

Oct 26 '06 #1
6 1500
David wrote:
I have a form on my asp page with 3 dropdowns, day, month & year, but
for some reason, the day dropdown is displaying the 25th twice, instead
of 26th, then 27th ?
I have this script in the <headof my asp page:

_____________________

<script type="text/javascript">

var
monthtext=['Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','S ept','Oct','Nov','Dec'];
>
function populatedropdown(dayfield, monthfield, yearfield){
var today=new Date()
var dayfield=document.getElementById(dayfield)
var monthfield=document.getElementById(monthfield)
var yearfield=document.getElementById(yearfield)
for (var i=0; i<31; i++)
dayfield.options[i]=new Option(i+1, i+1)
dayfield.options[today.getDate()]=new Option(today.getDate(),
Here you add today again to the options.
I think you wanted to select it instead of adding it again. :-)
I expect the same happens to year and month.

Regards,
Erwin Moller
today.getDate(), true, true) //select today's day
for (var m=0; m<12; m++)
monthfield.options[m]=new Option(monthtext[m], monthtext[m])
monthfield.options[today.getMonth()]=new
Option(monthtext[today.getMonth()], monthtext[today.getMonth()], true,
true) //select today's month
var thisyear=today.getFullYear()
for (var y=0; y<20; y++){
yearfield.options[y]=new Option(thisyear, thisyear)
thisyear+=1
}
yearfield.options[0]=new Option(today.getFullYear(),
today.getFullYear(), true, true) //select today's year
}

</script>

_____________________________________
I have this script in the Body of my asp page:

<script type="text/javascript">

//populatedropdown(id_of_day_select, id_of_month_select,
id_of_year_select)
window.onload=function(){
populatedropdown("daydropdown", "monthdropdown", "yeardropdown")
}
</script>

______________________________________

I have this code in a form on my asp page:

<select id="daydropdown">
</select>
<select id="monthdropdown">
</select>
<select id="yeardropdown">
</select>
________________________________________

PROBLEM: For some reason, instead of the daydropdown showing

24
25
26
27
28

it is displaying

24
25
26
26
28

Why is it not displaying the 27th day to select, i.e. tomorrow

Appreciate any help you can offer me

Thanks

David
Oct 26 '06 #2
Thanks for helping Erwin,

Not being a Javascript wiz, what do I need to do to correct this ?

Thanks so much

David

Oct 26 '06 #3
David wrote:
Thanks for helping Erwin,

Not being a Javascript wiz, what do I need to do to correct this ?

Thanks so much

David
Hi David,

Just add them all, like you did, but remove the new Option for the one you
want to select (today).
Now make some aspcode that checks if the option you are adding is the one
you want to select.

Extend the syntax for a new option like this:
new Option("text", value, defaultselected, selected)

replace them with sensible values, in your case you want to write true for
the defaultselected.

Good luck,
Erwin
Oct 26 '06 #4

Erwin,

I 've had a good look but JavaScript is like dutch to me, I cannot seem
to grasp it :-(
I got this code from the web and I am trying really hard to understand
it .... maybe someday huh !

I can kind of see what you are saying, but cannot fathom how to adjust
the code.

Oh well

Thanks

Oct 26 '06 #5
In message <11**********************@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups .com>, Thu,
26 Oct 2006 06:57:56, David <da*********@scene-double.co.ukwrites
>I have a form on my asp page with 3 dropdowns, day, month & year,
At first glance, it looks as if your code allows 31 days for every
month.

See <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-date6.htm#YMD>, but then read
from the top of the page.

It's a good idea to read the newsgroup and its FAQ. See below.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 IE 6
<URL:http://www.jibbering.com/faq/>? JL/RC: FAQ of news:comp.lang.javascript
<URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-index.htmjscr maths, dates, sources.
<URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/TP/BP/Delphi/jscr/&c, FAQ items, links.
Oct 26 '06 #6
David wrote:
>
Erwin,

I 've had a good look but JavaScript is like dutch to me, I cannot seem
to grasp it :-(
I got this code from the web and I am trying really hard to understand
it .... maybe someday huh !

I can kind of see what you are saying, but cannot fathom how to adjust
the code.

Oh well

Thanks
Hi David,

JavaScript is like Dutch to you?
You are asking the wrong person for help then, since I AM dutch. :P

Anyway, follow Stockton's advise and read the FAQ. It might help you
understand the issue.

Regards,
Erwin Moller
Oct 30 '06 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

10 posts views Thread by Bob Bedford | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by James W. Hall Sr. | last post: by
reply views Thread by Brian Henry | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.