By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
426,115 Members | 898 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 426,115 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

How is Ajax different from javascript

P: n/a
I was trying to find whats so good about ajax.
Well i cant say that...
but i found a very good link on this site for learning ajax in 30
seconds:-
http://sandy007smarty.seo.iitm.ac.in...ajax-tutorial/

Sep 25 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a

Turbo wrote:
I was trying to find whats so good about ajax.
Well i cant say that...
but i found a very good link on this site for learning ajax in 30
seconds:-
http://sandy007smarty.seo.iitm.ac.in...ajax-tutorial/
Ajax isn't any different than javascript. Generally speaking Ajax is
using javascript, through XmlHttpRequests and DHTML, to generate pages
that send and receive requests and responses asynchronously and only
update the portion(s) of the pages affected, rather than using the
traditional approach of sending a single request and response per page
(a complete page load).

No rocket science here.

Sep 26 '06 #2

P: n/a

Tom Cole wrote:
[...]
No rocket science here.
But a good example of rotten styling - try bumping up the text size a
few notches...

:-)
--
Rob

Sep 26 '06 #3

P: n/a

RobG wrote:
Tom Cole wrote:
[...]
No rocket science here.

But a good example of rotten styling - try bumping up the text size a
few notches...

:-)
I'm using Google Groups to post. How do I do that?
>

--
Rob
Sep 26 '06 #4

P: n/a
Tom Cole wrote:
RobG wrote:
Tom Cole wrote:
[...]
No rocket science here.
But a good example of rotten styling - try bumping up the text size a
few notches...

:-)

I'm using Google Groups to post. How do I do that?
Tom,

I think Rob was talking about the article, not your post.

Bernie

Sep 26 '06 #5

P: n/a
Turbo wrote:
I was trying to find whats so good about ajax.
Well, Turbo - Javascript is just javascript. On the other hand, AJAX is
Asynchronous (doing different things on the host and the client)
Javascript (you already know) And XML.

So - in short - AJAX uses Javascript and XML together to call and reply
to the server from the client as and when the client asks to do
something and only then.
Sep 26 '06 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.