467,858 Members | 1,693 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 467,858 developers. It's quick & easy.

Unit Testing DHTML

Hi,

I've been thinking about unit testing DHTML widgets. Is the only real
way to create small examples/test files and manually run each in a
bunch of browsers?

Thanks,
Peter

Apr 1 '06 #1
  • viewed: 1085
Share:
6 Replies
pe**********@gmail.com wrote:
I've been thinking about unit testing DHTML widgets. Is the only real
way to create small examples/test files and manually run each in a
bunch of browsers?


Yes, it is.
PointedEars
Apr 1 '06 #2

"Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" <Po*********@web.de> kirjoitti viestissä
news:84****************@PointedEars.de...
pe**********@gmail.com wrote:
I've been thinking about unit testing DHTML widgets. Is the only real
way to create small examples/test files and manually run each in a
bunch of browsers?


Yes, it is.
PointedEars


Wrong.
Apr 1 '06 #3

optimistx wrote:
"Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" <Po*********@web.de> kirjoitti viestissä
news:84****************@PointedEars.de...
pe**********@gmail.com wrote:
I've been thinking about unit testing DHTML widgets. Is the only real
way to create small examples/test files and manually run each in a
bunch of browsers?


Yes, it is.
PointedEars


Wrong.


Could you expand on why you think Thomas is wrong?

Apr 1 '06 #4
wrote:
Hi,

I've been thinking about unit testing DHTML widgets. Is the only real
way to create small examples/test files and manually run each in a
bunch of browsers?

Google for ecmaunit or jsunit. These are both good for testing client-side
javascript.

If you want to test interaction with a server then you may need something a
bit more powerful: have a look at Selenium
(http://www.openqa.org/selenium/).

In either case you will still have to load the tests into each browser you
want to use, but the actual running of the tests should be fully automatic.
Apr 1 '06 #5
pe**********@gmail.com wrote:
optimistx wrote:
"Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" <Po*********@web.de> kirjoitti viestissä
news:84****************@PointedEars.de...
pe**********@gmail.com wrote:
I've been thinking about unit testing DHTML widgets. Is the only real
way to create small examples/test files and manually run each in a
bunch of browsers?

Yes, it is.
PointedEars


Wrong.

Could you expand on why you think Thomas is wrong?

JsUnit server can be configured to run tests in a number of browsers on
either local or remote machines. Very handy when used together with VMWare.

--
Ian Collins.
Apr 2 '06 #6

<pe**********@gmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä
news:11**********************@e56g2000cwe.googlegr oups.com...

optimistx wrote:
"Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" <Po*********@web.de> kirjoitti viestissä
news:84****************@PointedEars.de...
pe**********@gmail.com wrote:
I've been thinking about unit testing DHTML widgets. Is the only real
way to create small examples/test files and manually run each in a
bunch of browsers?


Yes, it is.
PointedEars


Wrong.


Could you expand on why you think Thomas is wrong?
<Thomas mode on>
Yes.
<Thomas mode off>
Apr 3 '06 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

4 posts views Thread by Hugh Cowan | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by Matt Kruse | last post: by
14 posts views Thread by | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Peter Rilling | last post: by
72 posts views Thread by Jacob | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Dat AU DUONG | last post: by
176 posts views Thread by nw | last post: by
48 posts views Thread by Ark Khasin | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by Ben Finney | last post: by
reply views Thread by jack112 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.