By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
437,598 Members | 1,894 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 437,598 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

SpinChat

P: n/a
How are some users are able to access the directsex.com chat server and have
full use of chat commands?

Directsex uses spinchat and the 3rd party spinchat software programs out
there allow one to connect to spinchat only, not other servers.

I copied the directsex html, applet section, saved it to my computer, loaded
it, and it connected. The applet code looks like the following:

<applet name="chat" code="de/spin/chat/small/ChatLoader.class"
codebase="http://chat1.directsex.com/classes/" archive="chat.jar"
width="360" height="340" align="top" VIEWASTEXT>
<param name="virtual" value="default">
<PARAM name="color" value="FFDE01">
<param name="properties"
value="http://chat1.directsex.com/membernew/properties2.txt">
<param name="language"
value="http://chat1.directsex.com/membernew/language.txt">
<param name="port" value="8001">
<param name="channel" value="College Girls">
<param name="nick" value="my name">
<param name="password" value="my password">
Please use a Java capable browser to use this chat!
</applet>
I changed the above to load loocal properties.txt and language.txt files. I
suspect the java that directsex uses does not allow loading of local files.
The language file is the file that needs to be changed to restore all the
commands:

<applet name="chat" code="de/spin/chat/small/ChatLoader.class"
codebase="http://chat1.directsex.com/classes/" archive="chat.jar"
width="500" height="300">
<param name="properties" value="properties.txt">
<param name="language" value="language.txt">
<param name="port" value="8001">
<param name="virtual" value="default">
<PARAM name="color" value="FFDE01">
<param name="port" value="8001">
<param name="channel" value="College Girls">
<param name="nick" value="my name">
<param name="password" value="my password">
Please use a Java capable browser to use this chat!
</applet>

The above did not work even tho I copied their language and properties
files. I also tried spinchat clients at the following addresses:

http://pluto.brain-killer.org/index-en.html
http://www.dulky.org/nozchat/

.. . . but these clients only allow one to connect to the spinchat server.
Not other sites that use spinchat. Spinchat demos can be seen at:

http://chat.spin.de/en/demos/index.shtml
Guess I am not smart enough to figure it out, lol, and yet, 2 people figured
it out, oh well.

-g
Oct 19 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
23 Replies


P: n/a
In article <0n*****************@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink. net>,
no****@nospam.org says...
How are some users are able to access the directsex.com chat server and have
full use of chat commands?

Directsex uses spinchat and the 3rd party spinchat software programs out
there allow one to connect to spinchat only, not other servers.

I copied the directsex html, applet section, saved it to my computer, loaded
it, and it connected. The applet code looks like the following:

<applet name="chat" code="de/spin/chat/small/ChatLoader.class"
Guess I am not smart enough to figure it out, lol,


Obviously. You're not even smart enough to figure out the difference
between "JavaScript" and "Java".

--

Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk/
Oct 19 '05 #2

P: n/a
> Obviously. You're not even smart enough to figure out the difference
between "JavaScript" and "Java".


Huh? What are you taking about? The chat applet is Java ding-dong and what
I posted is javascript. Try not to be an idiot next time.

-g
Oct 19 '05 #3

P: n/a
"Geoff" <no****@nospam.org> writes:
Obviously. You're not even smart enough to figure out the difference
between "JavaScript" and "Java".
Huh? What are you taking about? The chat applet is Java ding-dong and what
I posted is javascript.


No, what you posted is HTML, more precisely, an applet element that loads
the "Java ding-dong" (aka. class). There was *no* Javascript in that post.
Try not to be an idiot next time.


/L
--
Lasse Reichstein Nielsen - lr*@hotpop.com
DHTML Death Colors: <URL:http://www.infimum.dk/HTML/rasterTriangleDOM.html>
'Faith without judgement merely degrades the spirit divine.'
Oct 19 '05 #4

P: n/a
Hmmmmmmm, nice thread, forget it then . . .

I did not even use the word javascript in my original post and mr.idiot
said:
Obviously. You're not even smart enough to figure out the difference
between "JavaScript" and "Java".


.. . . and you say is it html. My original post said: I copied the directsex html, applet section, saved it to my computer,

loaded
Thanks for the useless replies.

Bye.

-g

Oct 19 '05 #5

P: n/a
Geoff wrote:
Obviously. You're not even smart enough to figure out the difference
between "JavaScript" and "Java".
Huh? What are you taking about? The chat applet is Java ding-dong and
what I posted is javascript.


No, what you posted is (deprecated) HTML for including a Java Applet in a
webpage. That is not JavaScript.

--
David Dorward <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/> <http://dorward.me.uk/>
Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
Oct 19 '05 #6

P: n/a
I know, here is my other reply:

I did not even use the word javascript in my original post and mr.idiot
said:
Obviously. You're not even smart enough to figure out the difference
between "JavaScript" and "Java".


.. . . and you say is it html. My original post said:
I copied the directsex html, applet section, saved it to my computer, loaded
Thanks for the useless replies.

Bye.

-g

"David Dorward" <do*****@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:dj*******************@news.demon.co.uk... Geoff wrote:
Obviously. You're not even smart enough to figure out the difference
between "JavaScript" and "Java".

Huh? What are you taking about? The chat applet is Java ding-dong and
what I posted is javascript.


No, what you posted is (deprecated) HTML for including a Java Applet in a
webpage. That is not JavaScript.

--
David Dorward <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/> <http://dorward.me.uk/>
Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Oct 19 '05 #7

P: n/a
> No, what you posted is (deprecated) HTML for including a Java Applet in a
webpage. That is not JavaScript.


My original post said, 'I copied the html . . .'

Thanks for the info tho.

Talk about a useless thread and useless replies.

HEY EVERYONE . . . HYWEL JENKINS MENTIONED JAVASCRIPT . . . POST SOME MORE
USELESS REPLIES . . .

TIA

-g
Oct 19 '05 #8

P: n/a
Geoff wrote:
HEY EVERYONE . . . HYWEL JENKINS MENTIONED JAVASCRIPT


.... because you posted in comp.lang.javascript, a newsgroup entirely about
JavaScript and not at all about Java.

(Follow-ups set to take it away from clj (its not about JavaScript) and dcc
(its not in German).)

--
David Dorward <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/> <http://dorward.me.uk/>
Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
Oct 19 '05 #9

P: n/a
> ... because you posted in comp.lang.javascript, a newsgroup entirely about
JavaScript and not at all about Java.


K, javascript has nothing to do with html, in fact, I have seen
modifications of the applet code using javascript but since the 2 are
separate, and are never used together, I guess it is pointless to post it
here.

Got to get up pretty early in the morning to fool old Hywel . . .

Good catch . . .

-g

Oct 19 '05 #10

P: n/a
Lee
Geoff said:
No, what you posted is (deprecated) HTML for including a Java Applet in a
webpage. That is not JavaScript.


My original post said, 'I copied the html . . .'

Thanks for the info tho.

Talk about a useless thread and useless replies.

HEY EVERYONE . . . HYWEL JENKINS MENTIONED JAVASCRIPT . . . POST SOME MORE
USELESS REPLIES . . .


You asked about a Java applet in a Javascript group and posted HTML.
When called for not knowing the difference between Java and Javascript,
you claimed that "what I posted is javascript." Please stop griping
and go find a Java newsgroup to annoy.

Oct 19 '05 #11

P: n/a
> You asked about a Java applet in a Javascript group and posted HTML.
When called for not knowing the difference between Java and Javascript,
you claimed that "what I posted is javascript." Please stop griping
and go find a Java newsgroup to annoy.


Yeah, you caught me, good catch . . .

-g
Oct 20 '05 #12

P: n/a
> You asked about a Java applet in a Javascript group and posted HTML.
When called for not knowing the difference between Java and Javascript,
you claimed that "what I posted is javascript." Please stop griping
and go find a Java newsgroup to annoy.


Why go somewhere else? You seem to love to catch someone trying to pull a
fast one rather than post answers. I guess some groups are pretty useless.
However, just in case you might be interested in the subject or topic, below
is the code that came before the applet code, but I guess you are too short
sighted to see any relation to it (that is why I posted here also since it
may have some relevance, go back to your hole now):
<script language=JavaScript>
<!--

var message="Function Disabled!";

///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE4(){
if (event.button==2){
//alert(message);
return false;
}
}

function clickNS4(e){
if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!docume nt.all){
if (e.which==2||e.which==3){
//alert(message);
return false;
}
}
}

if (document.layers){
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
document.onmousedown=clickNS4;
}
else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){
document.onmousedown=clickIE4;
}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")

// -->
</script>

<SCRIPT language="javascript">
function cleanUp()
{
var allinfo=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();

if (allinfo.indexOf("msie") != -1)
{
parent.video.frmvid.stopped.value=0;
parent.video.videooperate(2);
//alert('Please click START VIDEO after chat is loaded');
}
}
</SCRIPT>

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>DirectSex Chat</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="dsstyle.css">
</head>

<body onload="cleanUp();">
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center"
width="384">
<tr>
<td width="363" valign="top" align="center" VALIGN="top">

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
var chatwindowloaded = 1;
function sendMessage(){
document.chat.handleInput( document.inputForm.input.value);
document.inputForm.input.value = "";
return false;
}
-->
</script>
<FORM onSubmit="return sendMessage();" name="inputForm">
Oct 20 '05 #13

P: n/a

Geoff wrote:
Why go somewhere else? You seem to love to catch someone trying to pull a
fast one rather than post answers. I guess some groups are pretty useless.
However, just in case you might be interested in the subject or topic, below
is the code that came before the applet code, but I guess you are too short
sighted to see any relation to it (that is why I posted here also since it
may have some relevance, go back to your hole now):


Whoa, this reminds me, the other day my lawnmower broke so I took it
down to the Volkswagen dealership for them to fix it. The nerve of
those people! Even after reminding them that my lawnmower has four
wheels and an engine just like their precious VW's they still insisted
I take it to the "proper repair shop." I mean c'mon, where do they get
off...

Oct 20 '05 #14

P: n/a

"Jambalaya" <ch*********@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:11*********************@f14g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
Whoa, this reminds me, the other day my lawnmower broke so I took it
down to the Volkswagen dealership for them to fix it. The nerve of
those people! Even after reminding them that my lawnmower has four
wheels and an engine just like their precious VW's they still insisted
I take it to the "proper repair shop." I mean c'mon, where do they get
off...


Wheeeeeeeew, good catch, protecting the group, you remind me the guy who
top-posted and had a really good question but the only answers he got was
about the fact he top posted.

Keep up the good work, keep looking for those posters trying to sneak a bad
post in.

-g
Oct 20 '05 #15

P: n/a
Lee
Geoff said:
You asked about a Java applet in a Javascript group and posted HTML.
When called for not knowing the difference between Java and Javascript,
you claimed that "what I posted is javascript." Please stop griping
and go find a Java newsgroup to annoy.
Why go somewhere else?


You can stay here and whine like an idiot, or you can ask your
Java question in a Java group. It's up to you.
However, just in case you might be interested in the subject or topic, below
is the code that came before the applet code, but I guess you are too short
sighted to see any relation to it


So you think that just because your page contains some Javascript
BEFORE the code that you posted and were asking about, that it
makes sense to ask about it in a Javascript newsgroup?

Oct 20 '05 #16

P: n/a
>> Whoa, this reminds me, the other day my lawnmower broke so I took it
down to the Volkswagen dealership for them to fix it. The nerve of
those people! Even after reminding them that my lawnmower has four
wheels and an engine just like their precious VW's they still insisted
I take it to the "proper repair shop." I mean c'mon, where do they get
off...


Wheeeeeeeew, good catch, protecting the group, you remind me the guy who
top-posted and had a really good question but the only answers he got was
about the fact he top posted.

Keep up the good work, keep looking for those posters trying to sneak a bad
post in.


Oh, I forgot to tell the best part. So, instead of going to a lawnmower
repair shop, I just stayed at the dealership and made fun of the
salespeople. I didn't care that I was wasting my time. I didn't have
anything better to do...

Oct 20 '05 #17

P: n/a
> You can stay here and whine like an idiot

.. . . and what a good job I am doing, after all, I can learn from people
like you. You seem to be an expert at it.
So you think that just because your page contains some Javascript
BEFORE the code that you posted and were asking about, that it
makes sense to ask about it in a Javascript newsgroup?


Nope, the only thing I expect is more idiotic posts.

-g
Oct 20 '05 #18

P: n/a
> Oh, I forgot to tell the best part.

Good, your post adds another page to my book, 'Idiots I have Known'.

-g
Oct 20 '05 #19

P: n/a
Geoff wrote:
Nope, the only thing I expect is more idiotic posts.

-g


And, to be honest, that's all you can expect-- we're not Java folks. We
can't help you with Java.

Hanging out here and escalating the aggravation isn't going to get you
the help that you want/need-- it just isn't here to be had-- even if it
is entertaining for you.

We're not Java folk. We can't help you.

--
-r

Oct 20 '05 #20

P: n/a
> We're not Java folk. We can't help you.

Yep, and if you bothered to look at anything, you would see that it is not a
Java question. It was an html and/or javascript question. Javascript
because the spinchat manual does have functions that can be called and have
a few javascript examples.

However, it seems pretty useless, so, I also top-posted . . . quick, reply
to it . . . the bastard top-posted. It is my fault for not realizing how
useless the group is.

-g
"Random" <ra*******@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:11**********************@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
Geoff wrote:
Nope, the only thing I expect is more idiotic posts.

-g


And, to be honest, that's all you can expect-- we're not Java folks. We
can't help you with Java.

Hanging out here and escalating the aggravation isn't going to get you
the help that you want/need-- it just isn't here to be had-- even if it
is entertaining for you.

We're not Java folk. We can't help you.

--
-r

Oct 20 '05 #21

P: n/a
"Geoff" <sp**@spam.org> wrote in message
news:bC******************@newsread3.news.atl.earth link.net...
We're not Java folk. We can't help you.


Yep, and if you bothered to look at anything, you would see that it is not
a
Java question. It was an html and/or javascript question. Javascript
because the spinchat manual does have functions that can be called and
have
a few javascript examples.

However, it seems pretty useless, so, I also top-posted . . . quick, reply
to it . . . the bastard top-posted. It is my fault for not realizing how
useless the group is.


*PLONK*

--
Dag.
Oct 20 '05 #22

P: n/a
> > Oh, I forgot to tell the best part.

Good, your post adds another page to my book, 'Idiots I have Known'.

-g


Sounds like an autobiography.

Oct 20 '05 #23

P: n/a
Look, I top posted, go for it . . .

-g
"Jambalaya" <ch*********@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:11*********************@g14g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
Oh, I forgot to tell the best part.


Good, your post adds another page to my book, 'Idiots I have Known'.

-g


Sounds like an autobiography.

Oct 20 '05 #24

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.