By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
438,384 Members | 1,847 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 438,384 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

location of prompt?

P: n/a
for some reason, when I do this...
var email= prompt("Enter the email address you want to send the test
to:","");
it's opening the prompt window in the top left of the screen. How can I
put it in the center?

Oct 3 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a
wo******@gmail.com wrote:
for some reason, when I do this...
var email= prompt("Enter the email address you want to send the test
to:","");
it's opening the prompt window in the top left of the screen. How can I
put it in the center?

Drag it to where you would like it to appear, your browser should
remember where you put it.
Mick
Oct 3 '05 #2

P: n/a
hmm... for some reason it doesn't.
Well Firefox here, maybe it doesn't?

Mick White wrote:
wo******@gmail.com wrote:
for some reason, when I do this...
var email= prompt("Enter the email address you want to send the test
to:","");
it's opening the prompt window in the top left of the screen. How can I
put it in the center?

Drag it to where you would like it to appear, your browser should
remember where you put it.
Mick


Oct 3 '05 #3

P: n/a
wo******@gmail.com said the following on 10/3/2005 11:42 AM:
hmm... for some reason it doesn't.
Well Firefox here, maybe it doesn't?


Some browsers do, some browsers don't. You can't specify where it opens,
nor can you move it.

--
Randy
comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq & newsgroup weekly
Answer:It destroys the order of the conversation
Question: Why?
Answer: Top-Posting.
Question: Whats the most annoying thing on Usenet?
Oct 3 '05 #4

P: n/a

Randy Webb wrote:
wo******@gmail.com said the following on 10/3/2005 11:42 AM:
hmm... for some reason it doesn't.
Well Firefox here, maybe it doesn't?


Some browsers do, some browsers don't. You can't specify where it opens,
nor can you move it.

bummer
What I ended up doing is opening a new window (with the open command),
which I can size and position anywhere I want, and in a 'OK' button in
it, I call 'opener.myfunction(param)' where param is an 'input field'
in the page. Kind of convoluted I know, but it works.

Oct 3 '05 #5

P: n/a
JRS: In article <11**********************@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups .com>
, dated Mon, 3 Oct 2005 07:51:33, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript,
wo******@gmail.com posted :
for some reason, when I do this...
var email= prompt("Enter the email address you want to send the test
to:","");
it's opening the prompt window in the top left of the screen. How can I
put it in the center?


I can put it in the centre by putting the top left corner of the
previously-active window just above the centre.

Equating screen size and window size can be a bad idea; they are
independent.

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v4.00 IE 4
<URL:http://www.jibbering.com/faq/> JL/RC: FAQ of news:comp.lang.javascript
<URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-index.htm> jscr maths, dates, sources.
<URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> TP/BP/Delphi/jscr/&c, FAQ items, links.
Oct 3 '05 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.