469,289 Members | 2,330 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,289 developers. It's quick & easy.

Document Object Model

Rob
Hi,
I am looking for a reference to the Document Object Model interface for
Javascript, preferably in HTMLHELP format.
Do you know of any such reference?
Jul 23 '05 #1
5 1124
Rob wrote:
I am looking for a reference to the Document Object Model interface for
Javascript, preferably in HTMLHELP format.


DOM 2 is specified officially at:
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Core

Microsoft provides HTML Help for its XML parser that includes a DOM
reference:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Jul 23 '05 #2
Paul R wrote:

[snip]
DOM 2 is specified officially at:
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Core


Correction: DOM 2 Core is specified at that address. There are other
modules not limited to HTML, Style and Events. It would be simpler to
direct the OP to the DOM Technical Reports index:
<URL:http://www.w3.org/DOM/DOMTR#dom2>

[snip]

Mike

--
Michael Winter
Replace ".invalid" with ".uk" to reply by e-mail.
Jul 23 '05 #3
Rob
Michael Winter wrote:
Paul R wrote:

[snip]
DOM 2 is specified officially at:
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Core

Correction: DOM 2 Core is specified at that address. There are other
modules not limited to HTML, Style and Events. It would be simpler to
direct the OP to the DOM Technical Reports index:
<URL:http://www.w3.org/DOM/DOMTR#dom2>

[snip]


I am aware of these specifications. However Javascript seems to have a
different naming convention for using the interface. For example no get
or set to prefix accesor methods.
Jul 23 '05 #4
Rob wrote:
Michael Winter wrote:

<snip>

Correction: DOM 2 Core is specified at that address. There are other
modules not limited to HTML, Style and Events. It would be simpler to
direct the OP to the DOM Technical Reports index:
<URL:http://www.w3.org/DOM/DOMTR#dom2>

[snip]

I am aware of these specifications. However Javascript seems to have a
different naming convention for using the interface. For example no get
or set to prefix accesor methods.


Each spec. lists an ECMAScript (JavaScript) binding; for instance:
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Cor...t-binding.html
Jul 23 '05 #5
Rob
Paul R wrote:
Rob wrote:
I am aware of these specifications. However Javascript seems to have a
different naming convention for using the interface. For example no
get or set to prefix accesor methods.

Each spec. lists an ECMAScript (JavaScript) binding; for instance:
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Cor...t-binding.html


Ahhhh! I overlooked this. Thanks!
Jul 23 '05 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

13 posts views Thread by Stumped and Confused | last post: by
136 posts views Thread by Matt Kruse | last post: by
6 posts views Thread by Robert W. | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Joergen Bech | last post: by
9 posts views Thread by FAQ server | last post: by
1 post views Thread by TEK | last post: by
1 post views Thread by CARIGAR | last post: by
reply views Thread by zhoujie | last post: by
reply views Thread by suresh191 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.