469,271 Members | 1,776 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,271 developers. It's quick & easy.

Javascript CHM

I Googled on Javascript CHM and came up with a couple of hits, but they
were for dead links at http://developer.netscape.com/.

I'd really like to have a handy Javascript CHM. Is there such a beast,
and where might I get it?

TIA

Neill

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://www.journeys.ws/

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. -
Morpheus
Jul 23 '05 #1
6 19111
Wayfarer wrote:
I Googled on Javascript CHM and came up with a couple of hits, but they
were for dead links at http://developer.netscape.com/.

I'd really like to have a handy Javascript CHM. Is there such a beast,
and where might I get it?


If you would like to explain what a "Javascript CHM" might be, you may
get an answer.
--
Zif
Jul 23 '05 #2


Wayfarer wrote:
I Googled on Javascript CHM and came up with a couple of hits, but they
were for dead links at http://developer.netscape.com/.
CHM on developer.netscape.com? That sounds odd.
I'd really like to have a handy Javascript CHM.


MS should have the JScript documentation as a CHM, hmm, looking at
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp>
it seems there is no JScript only documentation but only a complete
Windows Script documentation. But that includes the JScript
documentation. What you get there is the JScript core documentation thus
if you are looking for IE/browsers related objects then it won't help.
--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
Jul 23 '05 #3
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 12:32:38 +0100, Martin Honnen <ma*******@yahoo.de>
wrote:
Windows Script documentation. But that includes the JScript
documentation. What you get there is the JScript core documentation thus
if you are looking for IE/browsers related objects then it won't help.


The IE browser objects can be found in the platformSDK.

Jim.
Jul 23 '05 #4


Jim Ley wrote:

The IE browser objects can be found in the platformSDK.


Is that still available for free as a CHM? I remembered it was some
years ago but somehow was to lazy to go searching for it on the MS FTP
servers now.
--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
Jul 23 '05 #5
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 12:47:00 +0100, Martin Honnen <ma*******@yahoo.de>
wrote:
Jim Ley wrote:
The IE browser objects can be found in the platformSDK.


Is that still available for free as a CHM? I remembered it was some
years ago but somehow was to lazy to go searching for it on the MS FTP
servers now.


You can still get it from the silly
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/...sdk/sdkupdate/
site (you need to install an ActiveX and stuff)

I dunno if it's available just from the FTP site any more.

Jim.
Jul 23 '05 #6
Thus spake Zifud:
Wayfarer wrote:

I'd really like to have a handy Javascript CHM. Is there such a beast,
and where might I get it?


A CHM is a compiled HTML file frequently used for reference/help files.

HTH

Neill

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://www.journeys.ws/

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. -
Morpheus
Jul 23 '05 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.